Shannen Doherty Addresses Alyssa Drama In Podcast

MasterXPosed

https://tvline.com/news/charmed-shannen-doherty-alyssa-milano-feud-explained-1235097386/

“It was happening [again] of the competitiveness kicking in,” Doherty says. “I’m not saying with [Holly], I’m saying with Alyssa and myself. There was a lack of female support. I’ve had the same publicist for I don’t even know how long, Leslie Sloane, and she could come on the podcast and be like, ‘Shannen never cared about somebody else getting a cover.’ It just wasn’t in my wheelhouse.”

Doherty understands that Milano addressed their issues in her 2021 book Sorry Not Sorry, but she adds, “Obviously I’m never going to read her book, because it’s [titled] Sorry Not Sorry, so right there it tells me you’re not friggin’ sorry. Why even mention something in that case?”

Doherty says that working on Charmed‘s second season (1999–2000) was especially difficult, as that competitive energy began to affect her on a personal level. Combs was dealing with a serious health situation, which she detailed in an episode the House of Halliwell podcast, and Doherty alleges that Milano and her mother prevented Doherty from visiting Combs after her surgery.

Combs agrees that Charmed‘s second season was difficult for everyone because “there was a lot going on behind the scenes.” She didn’t have a big family, so “when a family swooped in and basically tried to adopt me, it was very seductive for me. And I wanted everybody to get along. I wanted the show to be successful. There were no angels. There were no demons. We all had bad days. We all had good days. We all could have behaved better at certain points. But there was a lack of awareness of a bigger, broader picture of just being grateful to have a job, and to be doing something that we liked, and to be in a position of power to do something that we liked. It was not something that happens easily or normally or routinely.”

Listen to Shannen's podcast here 

Holly will also appear In  part two, and Shannen said she will talk more about the drama

They both need to move on. lol 

Anytime anyone addresses the Shannen/Alyssa feud they end up saying a whole lot of nothing. I still feel like I don’t understand what happened between them during the second season to cause such a rift. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

Anytime anyone addresses the Shannen/Alyssa feud they end up saying a whole lot of nothing. I still feel like I don’t understand what happened between them during the second season to cause such a rift. 

She said there was competitiveness kicking in. They constantly were fighting, and she felt there was no female support from her. Also her being as close as she was with Holly probably didn't help either, with Alyssa mentioning the "like going to high school" comment. And then Alyssa and her mother tried to stop Shannen from seeing Holly at the hospital at the end of season one. She said more would be talked about during part two!

Edited by MasterXPosed

22 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

Gurl have you read the OP? We finally have some real tea. At the time, Holly had some health issues and since her family wasn't around, Alyssa and her mom took over and were taking care of her at the hospital. Since there was competitiveness between Shannen and Alyssa on the set, Shannen is saying now that Alyssa and her mom stopped her from seeing Holly in the hospital even tho Holly and Shannen were BFFs.

That explanation is vague at best, Probably a lot both can't say anyway . But it sounds like they both need to move on from this, it's been 20 years now. 

I dont get it . If Holly was close to Shannen , how Alyssa took care of Holly while she was at the hospital and didn't allow Shannen to visit her ? It just doesn't make sense 

To put things into perspective, 

Shannen had also problems in 90210. It was well known that back then she had an attitude and Spelling kicked her out of the series . And then he gave her a 2nd chance probably bc he liked her as an actress and there you go again. 

On the other side Alyssa walked in as a replacement of the 3rd Halliwell with Shannen and Holly being friends already and she became very competitive 

I think in this feud the truth is somewhere in the middle they did both things wrong . The problem comes when Alyssa got also Rose against her and as a defense mode i guess she destroyed all the possible bridges she could have with both of them 

At the end of the day this is really sad 

A. For the fans who really love the show and it kinds of destroying the sisterhood 

B. For them also especially with all the sickness and so many serious stuff going on in their lives , they should have only love and positivity around them 

Holly agrees with Shannen here but she was very publicly friends with Alyssa for many years after Shannen left. So whats the truth? 

Also I wonder what made Shannen take Holly back after she implied they were done because she didn't support her during her illness. 

It’s disingenuous to hone in on what Alyssa did without taking any accountability herself. Ironic that she called out Alyssa’s book title, (which Im sure is meant to encapsulate the whole book, not just their feud), and perpetuate the same sentiment.  They’re all petty if they can’t find away to move on after all these years. 

I must be the weirdo.  I don’t see why Alyssa is being villainised. She’s the one person that’s taken accountability for her actions then and only one not to speak poorly on any of the other girls, despite their constant attacks on her person. 

3 minutes ago, Bey'Knight said:

I must be the weirdo.  I don’t see why Alyssa is being villainised. She’s the one person that’s taken accountability for her actions then and only one not to speak poorly on any of the other girls, despite their constant attacks on her person. 

Shannen literally starts the episode by saying she takes accountability for her behavior and dramatics. And Holly said they were all divas and petty. 

I think Holly Marie Combs' story has some truth, I think Shannen Doherty's story has some truth, I think Alyssa Milano's story has some truth, and I think the general story has some truth. I also believe the part of the supposed story of Doherty wanting to take the series in a darker, more serious direction and Milano being against it, so Doherty said "me or her," and Spelling and company chose Milano. At the end of the day, I think it's sad to see still these women be at such odds, and it sullies the view of the show, which was meant to be sisters who were witches.

That was a great episode! Can't wait for part 2. 

Shannen is going to reveal for the first time ever the real reason why she left Charmed! 

No more speculations! 

It seems to be that there was a lot of artistic difference and too much ambitious (from Milano's part, probably delusions of grandeur... she gives off such a "I'm better than you all vibe")... So naturally this would cause a rift between them. It's hard putting two headstrong individuals to work together.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.