Billboard Charts (Week of December 16, 2023)

Renan90

ateez-performance-amsterdam-2023-billboa

ATEEZ Claims First No. 1 on Billboard 200 Albums Chart With ‘THE WORLD EP.FIN: WILL’

Plus: Nat King Cole's 'The Christmas Song' returns to top 10.

ATEEZ’s THE WORLD EP.FIN: WILL bows at No. 1 on the Billboard 200 albums chart (dated Dec. 16), marking the first chart-topper for the Korean pop group. The set earned 152,000 equivalent album units in the U.S. in the week ending Dec. 7, according to Luminate, nearly entirely from traditional album sales. Its album sales were bolstered by its availability across more than 30 collectible editions.

THE WORLD EP.FIN: WILL is the fourth top 10-charting effort from the act, all posted consecutively. The group previously charted as high as No. 2 with its last entry, THE WORLD EP.2: OUTLAW, in July.

While ATEEZ has logged six charting efforts on the Billboard 200 in total (four top 10s, plus two more that charted outside the region), the act has yet to notch a charting song on any U.S. Billboard airplay or streaming chart, the Billboard Hot 100, or the Billboard Global 200 or Billboard Global Excl. U.S. charts. (The latter two rank songs based on streaming and sales activity culled from more than 200 territories around the world, as compiled by Luminate. The Global 200 is inclusive of worldwide data and the Global Excl. U.S. chart comprises data from territories excluding the United States.)

Also in the top 10 of the new Billboard 200, Nat King Cole’s The Christmas Song returns to the region for a sixth consecutive holiday season, as the set rises 16-10.

The Billboard 200 chart ranks the most popular albums of the week in the U.S. based on multi-metric consumption as measured in equivalent album units, compiled by Luminate. Units comprise album sales, track equivalent albums (TEA) and streaming equivalent albums (SEA). Each unit equals one album sale, or 10 individual tracks sold from an album, or 3,750 ad-supported or 1,250 paid/subscription on-demand official audio and video streams generated by songs from an album. The new Dec. 16, 2023-dated chart will be posted in full on Billboard‘s website on Dec. 12. For all chart news, follow @billboard and @billboardcharts on both X, formerly known as Twitter, and Instagram.

https://www.billboard.com/music/chart-beat/ateez-world-ep-fin-will-billboard-200-chart-first-no-1-album-1235549297/

Billboard 200: #1(new) ATEEZ (@ATEEZOfficial), THE WORLD EP.FIN : WILL 152,000 [7.59 million on-demand streams | 146,000 pure sales].

Billboard 200: #2(-1) @taylorswift13, 1989 (Taylor's Version) 101,000 (2,436,000 units since release). *peak: #1 for 3 weeks*

Billboard 200: #4(=) @MorganWallen, One Thing At A Time 65,000 (4,807,000 units since release). *peak: #1 for 16 weeks*

.@MichaelBuble's 'Christmas' rises to #5 on this week’s Billboard 200 with 60,000 sold, up 28%.

Billboard 200: #6(-3) @taylorswift13, Midnights 55,000 (6,335,000 units since release). *peak: #1 for 6 weeks*

Billboard 200: #7(=) @sza, SOS 51,000 (3,660,000 units since release). *peak: #1 for 10 weeks*

Billboard 200: #8(+5) @NoahKahan, Stick Season 48,000 (1,225,000 total units). *peak: #3*

Brenda-Lee-press-credit-Alexa-King-Stone

Brenda Lee’s ‘Rockin’ Around the Christmas Tree’ Leads Billboard Hot 100 for Second Week

The classic gained by another 18% in streams, following its historic coronation a week earlier.

Brenda Lee spends a second week at No. 1 on the Billboard Hot 100 songs chart with her holiday standard “Rockin’ Around the Christmas Tree.” A week earlier, the song led the list for the first time – 65 years after its release – and became Lee’s third Hot 100 No. 1, and her first since 1960.

Lee – who celebrates a birthday today (Dec. 11), as she turns 79 years young – reminisced to Billboard on Dec. 4 about recording the carol, when she was 13, after learning of its ascent to No. 1 at last from Universal Music Group Nashville chair/CEO Cindy Mabe. “The producer cut the air way down in the studio,” Lee recalled. “He had a big Christmas tree and everyone was there – the Anita Kerr Singers and the ‘A-team’ [of Nashville studio musicians], as we called them. It was like a little touch of magic kind of sprinkled in, and it turned out to be magic. It really did.”

The Hot 100 blends all-genre U.S. streaming (official audio and official video), radio airplay and sales data, the lattermost metric reflecting purchases of physical singles and digital tracks from full-service digital music retailers; digital singles sales from direct-to-consumer (D2C) sites are excluded from chart calculations. All charts (dated Dec. 16, 2023) will update on Billboard.com tomorrow (Dec. 12). For all chart news, you can follow @billboard and @billboardcharts on both X, formerly known as Twitter, and Instagram.

https://www.billboard.com/music/chart-beat/brenda-lee-rockin-around-the-christmas-tree-number-one-hot-100-second-week-1235550742/

Hot 100

#1 Rockin' Around The Christmas Tree (=) [2× #1]

#2 All I Want For Christmas Is You (=)

#3 Jingle Bell Rock (+1)

#4 Last Christmas (+1)

#5 Lovin On Me (-1)

#6 Holly Jolly Christmas (=)

#7 Cruel Summer (=)

#8 It's The Most Wonderful Time of the Year (+2)

#9 Snooze (=)

#10 Paint The Town Red (=)

• Confused 2

3 minutes ago, Carry My Heart said:

What's at #9? Doesn't say it in the article

It must be Midnights. I don’t think it has ever fell out of the t10 and it was top 5 last week

Edited by liquiddiamonds

Just now, Carry My Heart said:

Nope, Midnights is at #6

True. Didn’t catch that because her name wasn’t in bold. I’d bet on another Taylor album then lol She had Lover and Folklore inside the top 10 last week too 

8 minutes ago, Carry My Heart said:

Folklore or Lover

12 minutes ago, Carry My Heart said:

lmao they forgot

HDD predicted folklore but lover was also at #11

lets see...

Weeks in the top 10:

1989 - 60

Midnights - 59*

Fearless - 58

Oh, Godnights :clap3:

• Thanks 2

They did it without playlist, hits, controversy, hyping everyone up with the billie's intro, drake collab etc :clap3:

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

58 minutes ago, By the Water said:

Weeks in the top 10:

1989 - 60

Midnights - 59*

Fearless - 58

Her best album :clap:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, By the Water said:

Weeks in the top 10:

1989 - 60

Midnights - 59*

Fearless - 58

I will be so gagged when midnights takes the lead :jonny:

• ATRL Moderator
3 hours ago, By the Water said:

Weeks in the top 10:

1989 - 60

Midnights - 59*

Fearless - 58

:mazen:

Anyway, do you happen to know this info for all of her albums? I wanna see something :lakitu:

the way everyone got so used to midnights smashing for well over a year now taht this thread is empty :hippo:

That's huge for ATEEZ. I didn't know they had a big US fanbase  :clap3:

8 hours ago, feelslikeadream said:

:mazen:

Anyway, do you happen to know this info for all of her albums? I wanna see something :lakitu:

1989 - 60

Midnights - 59*

Fearless - 58

Lover - 44

folklore - 26*

Taylor Swift - 17

Red - 17

Speak Now - 15

reputation - 12

evermore - 11

Red (Taylor's Version) - 9

Speak Now (Taylor's Version) - 9