KasioKas' BEST of 2023 | FINAL update! Song & Album #1 posted now!

KasioKas

On 12/17/2023 at 10:41 AM, K$Ellie said:

wasn't a huge fan of Feed The Beast as a whole but Claws (demo), Uhoh and the title track were huge bops :jamming: 

Higher Than Heaven was cute, love the title track especially :clap3:  I mostly liked Bebe's album for Satellite and I'm Good :bird:

Yeah I hope she goes back to the drawing board because FTB wasn't great:chick3:

On 12/16/2023 at 10:14 AM, Brandon said:

𝚂𝚝𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝙰𝚕𝚒𝚟𝚎 & 𝚆𝚊𝚏𝚏𝚕𝚎 𝙷𝚘𝚞𝚜𝚎 :alexz:

bops :clap3::clap3:

On 12/15/2023 at 3:59 PM, khalyan said:

The graphics are graphicing! 

Love to see the Ellie love and happy to see someone else loving Don't Look Down this year as well :clap3: 

Thanks!

On 12/15/2023 at 3:32 AM, GreatestLoveofAll said:

wish this was higher :jonny6:

the graphics are outstanding how long did it take you to make this?

thank you it just took an evening on Canva!

On 12/14/2023 at 3:17 PM, BlackoutZone said:

The animated banners OH WOW!

Happy you checked out Jessie and found something for yourself! I can also see SZA already flooding the list with amazing picks :fan:

Def more SZA to come as deserved :alexz3:

On 12/14/2023 at 1:07 PM, Mr. Blue_Shirt said:

That! Feels Good! and Higher Than Heaven are such a good album :jonny: I knew Jessie would be good but Ellie? This is how you do a comeback (quality wise)!

I still haven't clicked with Amelia and Feed The Beast yet but i kinda want to re-listen to it again

EXACTLY I was so surprised at the Ellie album on 1st listen.

On 12/14/2023 at 8:42 AM, Remmy said:

Oh i listened to Dream Hotel but I don't remember what it sounds like :fan: Think I started listening to her last year & I was shook to find out she's the QUEEN from Hairspray. So much A*a omg I have the shivers... you're still listening to Jason Derulo, huh? :lakitu: I was a former stan but I had to leave his ass behind since he doesn't want to release quality stuff anymore. Demi starting off your list :clap: That song is cute, same for WWIMF? Better Man, Pearls, Made You Look, Blue Moon, That! Feels Good!, Cupid (OG), Waffle House :eddie: Don't remember chemistry (song), so I fear it was one of my least faves from the album. Cure for Love YUPPP. Begin Again YUPPPPPP!!! Jessie bodied that one.

For albums, I enjoyed #25-23 :clap3: especially Ellie! T!FG! was a solid follow-up to WYP?, Bebe had a surprising amount of highlights, and HTH was the type of pop I really love. All 3 of your trinities are pretty good :fish1: Feed the Beast... she was a mixed bag. I fear she's never gonna top TURN OFF THE LIGHT. uhoh :sats:

I listened to ONE Derulo song ok?  and put some respect on ava she did a great pop album this yr I didn't really enjoy her previously so I was quite surprised. Go listen to it again.

On 12/14/2023 at 1:14 AM, Alldeezy said:

Bebe + Ellie + Kim :alexz:

Delivered :clap3:

• Like 1

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KasioKas

• JGibson

• Alldeezy

• Renzo_

All those songs from the Barbie soundtrack out of the top 100 :chick3:

Die for you remix way too low as well :chick3:

• Like 1

Dance The Night :clap3:

Uh Huh + boys a liar + die for you remix + dance the night + speed drive + Buss it down + nothing matters but you _ 2 die 4 + home to another one + talk nice to me :WAP:

9 hours ago, KasioKas said:

PfAOL7S.gif

149. FLO - Suite Life (Familiar) (Bonus Track)
148. The Weeknd & Ariana Grande - Die For You (Remix)
147. Janelle Monáe - Lipstick Lover
146. Victoria Monét - Smoke (feat. Lucky Daye)
145. Citizen Queen - Whatchu Want
144. PinkPantheress & Ice Spice - Boy's a liar Pt. 2
143. Tinashe - Uh Huh
142. Citizen Queen - Replay
141. Victoria Monét - On My Mama
140. Reneé Rapp - Gemini Moon

139. KAMILLE - Options (feat. Tamera & Bellah)
138. Full Crate - Before U Go
137. Gene Noble - Feel A Way
136. Gene Noble - S'posed 2 Be
135. Nicola Sedda - I Am Free
134. Nicola Sedda - Here I Am
133. Song House feat. Corrina - Nice & Slow
132. Idina Menzel - Funny Kind Of Lonely
131. Kenyon Dixon - Lucky Prelude (ILY)
130. Kenyon Dixon - Lucky

129. Usher - Boyfriend
128. Hailey Knox - AVAILABLE FOR ME
127. Dua Lipa - Dance The Night
126. Brandy - Shine Out Your Light
125. RAYE & Hans Zimmer - Mother Nature
124. Elina Duni - Dawn
123. needanamebro - Massive
122. RAYE - Five Star Hotels. (feat. Mahalia)
121. Nicki Minaj & Ice Spice & Aqua - Barbie World (with Aqua) [From Barbie The Album]
120. RAYE - Hard Out Here.

119. Brandy - Feels Different
118. SZA - Blind
117. Tori Kelly - unbelievable (feat. Ayra Starr)
116. Victoria Monét - Alright
115. Bebe Rexha & Snoop Dogg - Satellite
114. Reneé Rapp - Talk Too Much
113. Charli XCX - Speed Drive
112. Victor Franco - Glad I'm Not Alone
111. RAYE - Buss It Down.
110. Dondria feat. Avery Wilson - You and I

109. Janelle Monáe - Haute
108. Maeta - Kissing New People (feat. Ty Dolla $ign)
107. Madison Beer - Nothing Matters But You
106. needanamebro - Better Love
105. Dinah Jane - Ya Ya
104. Addison Rae - 2 die 4 (feat. Charli XCX)
103. Madison Beer - Showed Me (How I Fell In Love With You)
102. Full Crate - Text Me When You Get Home
101. Madison Beer - Home To Another One
100. Tinashe - Talk To Me Nice

love this update so many good songsss

Usher, Dua, Brandy, Ice Spice :heart:

327LTyM.gif

Victoria_Monet_-_Jaguar_II.png

19. JAGUAR II - Victoria Monét

I was impatient for this since I didn't want an album split after thoroughly enjoying Jaguar (I), and I must admit I think the first is way better than this; huge Vic fan but I don't get the acclaim, grammy noms and 'Best of 2023' lists this has been making because while this is good, it isn't her best, and it really just feels like much needed acknowledgement for her talents overall (finally). Something was missing here, can't put my finger on it but the album didn't feel super cohesive and I just didn't want to revisist it as much as i'd hoped, I just feel like it shouldn't be called Jaguar II if it is so disjointed from the first in my opinion, there was far too much time between projects and the vision was lost, and this holds on its own and should have been its own thing; that said there are some high highs and i'm so happy for her success. Production on this, as is usual for her, is excellent.

Recommend: On My Mama  //  Alright  //  Smoke (feat. Lucky Daye)

Tinashe_-_BB-Ang3l.png

18. BB/ANG3L - Tinashe

Tinashe is soooo hit or miss for me it's crazy, LOVED 'Songs for You' but this is kinda meh in comparison, and like Vic, I hate the need to split projects, just release the whole damn thing and move on? I gravitated to the bops and that was pretty much it, because upbeat, fun Tinashe is more exciting, sorry to say; I don't care for the slower jams, everything just starts to sound the same and there's no vocal risks or anything interesting that makes me want to hit repeat. I'm not even looking forward to the next follow up that much unfortunately but maybe it'll be a pleasant surprise?

Recommend: Needs  //  Talk To Me Nice  //  Uh Huh

Demi_Lovato_-_Revamped.jpg

17. REVAMPED - Demi Lovato

Feel bad putting an album full of remakes on this list but dammit I used to love rock Demi and her return to the genre makes me so happy, and this was a welcomed surprise! I love HA and this CFTS rock version is ELITE and I love it! She nailed this by introducing new runs, highnotes and even features to shake it up a bit and I ate it up with a spoon. Even Skyscraper, which I never would have imagined a rock version for, is decent. Really hope she sticks to this sound and doesn't go back to pop, yes production could be better on some of these but vocally, she's at her best.

Recommend: Cool for the Summer (Rock Version)  //  Heart Attack (Rock Version)  //  Skyscraper (Rock Version)

Janelle_Mon%C3%A1e_-_The_Age_of_Pleasure.png

16. The Age of Pleasure - Janelle Monáe

Janelle somehow collected an emotion and vibe into a jar, converted into lyrics and sound, and released it with this album. If you're in just the right mood, this is such a happy, chill vibe and so extremely cohesive. She nailed this, and hearing her describe the making of it and her lifestyle recently in interviews, she also describes it perfectly and it all makes sense. Love putting this on when i'm getting ready and feeling myself, should be far more acclaimed and acknowledged!

Recommend: Haute  //  Paid In Pleasure  //  Lipstick Lover

1200x1200bb.jpg

15. When I Hear Your Name - Maeta

Loved Maeta since seeing her on the 'Terrell Show' on youtube and was really looking forward to this; it's deifintely one you need to re-listen to to really get it, but once you do you're easily enamored by the sheer vocal talent and cool vibe this eludes. There are so many songs I had stuck in my head on random days that forced me to revisit the whole album. I'm so sad I didn't see this get a lot of love and I hope it was successful enough for her to keep going because damn she's good!

Recommend: Cool Cat  //  Kissing New People (feat. Ty Dolla $ign)  //  Through The Night (feat. Free Nationals)

ab67616d0000b273d55e207f5e6f038a93778398

14. In His Mania - Spencer Sutherland

I've known of Spencer but got into this album late, when the deulxe dropped, and what a f*cking voice! The recommended songs espescially are so high energy, cool and have just the right amount of a 'rock' vibe to go with his belts and high notes, it all comes together really well and he pulls of the energy needed behind some of these bops really well. I want to go to a concert and scream these songs out loud, that's the vibeI get from this. Fully impressed and really looking forward to following his career, boys in music are usually so damn boring so this was a treat!

Recommend: Cry  //  B!tch  //  Outrun the Feeling  //  Jealousy

Chl%C3%B6e_-_In_Pieces_(Official_Album_Cover).png

13. In Pieces - Chlöe

This really grew on me, it has some duds and I wish she had a better ear for music and lyrics (and feature artist choices) but the good songs are f*cking GREAT and her voice is incredible both in studio and live! (not everybody has that). She obviously has the charisma and energy to pull off great high energy bops, but to my surprise her slower songs are excellent and deserved way more love. She's only going to mature and get better with time and i'm excitrd to hear her excellent voice on better lyrics going forward.

Recommend: Body Do  //  Feel Me Cry  //  In Pieces  //  Worried

SZA_-_S.O.S.png

12. SOS - SZA

Loved this from the jump, she fully deserves the acclaim and success she's been getting. I don't love it as much as 'CTRL' as a whole, I only love half the album, but she nailed it with that half and those songs were on repeat for months. SZA doesn't need big vocals and high energy, her raw (RAW) lyrics and mellow emotion coupled by great production is enough to make her soar as she has; i've maybe overplayed my faves from this album but i'm still ranking it high for filling my playlists this year.

Recommend: Blind  //  Low  //  Kill Bill  //  Shirt

Madison_Beer_Silence_Between_Songs.png

11. Silence Between Songs - Madison Beer

After releasing one of the best career debut albums i've ever heard previously I was eager for this, and fortunately she was able to change the sound a bit (mostly production) while keeping the same essence that she's carved for herself and slowly and quietly building her fanbase as well. This is such a good album if you're in the mood for it, the lyrics, the vocals, the softness of her voice, so good! She exudes just the right emtion to make you deeply feel what she's saying, at times it almost sounds like she's crying while singing, yes a lot are slow songs but the melodies chosen make them interesting enough to re-listen too.

Recommend: Envy the Leaves  //  Sweet Relief  //  Home To Another One  //  Spinnin

YES TINASHE & DEMI :WAP:

SZA & Madison :alexz: 

Nice picks from Ellie to Tinashe to Bebe and Ava :clap3:

Lipstick Lover, Smoke, Uh Huh, On My Mama, Dance The Night, Barbie World, Blind, Speed Drive and Talk To Me Nice :jonny:

I truly enjoy SOS, Jaguar II and The Age Of Pleasure :jonny: Even though these days I prefer their previous albums, it's still a great listen. Chloe is still hit or miss for me, and Madison Beer's is a bit lacking for me too, but I don't know. I need to re-listen again.

I know that Ms. Nashe's budget isn't that of an independent artist with this short album, but I'm still rooting for her to succeed like always :jonny:

I used to be a big fan of Demi Lovato first albums. I'm glad to see she released another rock album.

• ATRL Moderator

Send your top 20 singles via PM please!

Haven't ran into Demi, Maeta and Madison Beer yet but everything else is chefs kiss.

• ATRL Moderator

omg finally a janelle age of pleasure defender. great album. love the update 

wasn't a fan of In Pieces but Body Do deserved to SMASH :WAP:

same goes for Madison and Home To Another One, her debut was a lot better imo :mandown:

SZA really made a classic with SOS :heart:  all your standouts are among my faves too

• ATRL Moderator

I really did not like Madison's other albums but Silence Between Songs really has some great highlights on it, I like the direction she's taking her music now 

On 12/20/2023 at 1:19 AM, Alldeezy said:

YES TINASHE & DEMI :WAP:

SZA & Madison :alexz: 

On 12/20/2023 at 1:34 AM, Insanity said:

Nice picks from Ellie to Tinashe to Bebe and Ava :clap3:

1 hour ago, K$Ellie said:

wasn't a fan of In Pieces but Body Do deserved to SMASH :WAP:

same goes for Madison and Home To Another One, her debut was a lot better imo :mandown:

SZA really made a classic with SOS :heart:  all your standouts are among my faves too

On 12/22/2023 at 12:50 PM, Mr. Blue_Shirt said:

Lipstick Lover, Smoke, Uh Huh, On My Mama, Dance The Night, Barbie World, Blind, Speed Drive and Talk To Me Nice :jonny:

I truly enjoy SOS, Jaguar II and The Age Of Pleasure :jonny: Even though these days I prefer their previous albums, it's still a great listen. Chloe is still hit or miss for me, and Madison Beer's is a bit lacking for me too, but I don't know. I need to re-listen again.

I know that Ms. Nashe's budget isn't that of an independent artist with this short album, but I'm still rooting for her to succeed like always :jonny:

Thanks new update!

20 hours ago, Renzo_ said:

I used to be a big fan of Demi Lovato first albums. I'm glad to see she released another rock album.

her last original rock album (holy f*ck) and new rock re-make album are both great!

14 hours ago, Ace Reject said:

Send your top 20 singles via PM please!

okay? not sure why? :psyduck:

2 hours ago, MP2K said:

Haven't ran into Demi, Maeta and Madison Beer yet but everything else is chefs kiss.

Def check out Maeta's album it's a treat!

1 hour ago, Tsareena said:

omg finally a janelle age of pleasure defender. great album. love the update 

right!, not seeing love for her on these lists enough for me

1 hour ago, khalyan said:

I really did not like Madison's other albums but Silence Between Songs really has some great highlights on it, I like the direction she's taking her music now 

Oh really i liken it to her debut, but yes the sound she's going with is excellent for her voice

• Like 1

IImqAbp.gif

99. Sipprell - Only The Brave
98. Kyra - need more time, pt. 2
97. Terrell Grice - Sing (From "The Terrell Show: Season 6")
96. Big Time Rush - Waves
95. Janelle Monáe - Paid In Pleasure
94. Ciara - BRB
93. Mimi Webb - Is It Possible
92. Madison Ryann Ward - Seasons
91. Spencer Sutherland - Jealousy
90. Spencer Sutherland - Outrun the Feeling

89. Jade Novah - Butterfly
88. Demi Lovato - Cool for the Summer (Rock Version)
87. Demi Lovato - Heart Attack (Rock Version)
86. Reneé Rapp - Tummy Hurts
85. Jade Novah - Like That
84. Kim Petras - Revelations
83. Kelly Clarkson - down to you
82. Austin Millz - On + On (with Justine Skye)
81. Justine Skye - Whip It Up
80. Kiana Ledé - Focus

79. Kali - Area Codes
78. Chlöe - Feel Me Cry
77. Sipprell - More Than We Are
76. Bebe Rexha - I'm Not High, I'm In Love
75. Chlöe - In Pieces
74. Madison Beer - Sweet Relief
73. Ava Max - Turn Off The Lights
72. SIDIBE - Nothing At All
71. Tinashe - Needs
70. Kim Petras - uhoh

69. Madison Beer - Spinnin
68. Bea Miller - lonely *****
67. Chlöe - Worried
66. Kelly Clarkson - skip this part
65. Grace Kinstler - Pray for You
64. Reneé Rapp - I Hate Boston
63. Brandy - Christmas Everyday
62. SZA - Shirt
61. FLO - 3 of Us
60. Pia Toscano - Labor Of Love

59. Louis York & Jessie J - Heaven Bound
58. Maeta - Through The Night (feat. Free Nationals)
57. Sipprell - Peace in the Madness
56. FLO - Change
55. Chlöe - Pray It Away
54. FLO - Losing You
53. Ava Max - Get Outta My Heart
52. Kiana Ledé - Deeper
51. Kim Petras - King of Hearts
50. Kelly Clarkson - mine

ANNOUNCEMENT: 

I've completely forgotten that Sam Smith released this year and thus he isn't featured on my songs/albums lists, obviously too late now, so I may include him next years'.

The album had a few highlights but was overall below par from what I expect from Samuel Smithford; i'm a little disappointed as a listener, but I fully embrace his new image unlike some haters, and encourage him to be as free, effeminate and queer as he likes. His vocals as usual remains excellent.

Janelle :clap3: I feel like this album is so underrated compared to her previous works

3 of Us :alexz: can't wait for FLO's debut

Shirt :smitten: 

I'm so sad Chloe flopped, album is pretty good 

95. Janelle Monáe - Paid In Pleasure
94. Ciara - BRB

86. Reneé Rapp - Tummy Hurts

79. Kali - Area Codes
78. Chlöe - Feel Me Cry
73. Ava Max - Turn Off The Lights
71. Tinashe - Needs

63. Brandy - Christmas Everyday
62. SZA - Shirt
61. FLO - 3 of Us

56. FLO - Change
54. FLO - Losing You
53. Ava Max - Get Outta My Heart

:clap3:

So, I looked at my likes on spotify and ironically I have Sweet Relief by Madison Beer and Questions by Maeta so I have listened to them lol

2 hours ago, KasioKas said:

88. Demi Lovato - Cool for the Summer (Rock Version)
87. Demi Lovato - Heart Attack (Rock Version)
83. Kelly Clarkson - down to you

66. Kelly Clarkson - skip this part

Favorite songs of this set. 

Tummy Hurts, Turn Off The Lights, Needs, Spinnin, skip this part, I Hate Boston, Get Outta My Heart & mine are one of my favorites this year :jonny:

cool for the summer + heart attack + Revelations + I'm Not High. I'm In Love + Sweet Relief + needs + Spinnin + get outta my head + king of hearts :clap3:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.