Poki Diary 2023 Update #2 is here!

Hiatus

Hey. 

Someones_Watching_Over_Me.thumb.gif.867d3c3fed1930d85ed323aee52dc70a.gif

On September 13th 2023, my old username Pokitaurus died and I have a Spotify Wrapped that is (mostly) based on January till June + 2023 tracks I was checking out before I commit to buying a CD of them (FLAC versions OP) so I will reveal it here :smile:

ALSO! 

Because this is my first ever Best Of in my 8 years on ATRL, I will reveal my favorite:

- video games 

- animated movies

- LEGO sets

- Pokemonz 

- GTA maps 

- League of Legends champions

- Sims 4 DLC

Top 10 list for each category where applicable. 

Will limit myself to 1 entry per franchise where applicable. 

The character representing a #1 in whichever category (where applicable) will enter my 2023 Hall of Fame:

1LxKsql.png

And one of them will be crowned the Poki Person of the Year 2023!

C Ya!

Edited by Hey Dude

yesss .. can't wait :duca:

• Thanks 1

:santa: Video games & Animated Movies :santa:

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Hey Dude said:

League of Legends champions

so... Ezreal?

Someones_Watching_Over_Me.thumb.gif.867d

• Haha 1

Welcome to YECD. Hopefully the first of many. Don't let it die!

• Thanks 1

WAIT i'm perched for The Sims 4 DLC :jonny: Seasons, Get To Work, Strangerville and currently For Rent are my top 4 for now

• Thanks 1

Will be making visuals and hopefully start tomorrow. We have until January 7th to do our Best Ofs so I will possibly stretch it until then.

Basically I'll treat this as a personal diary of sorts lol. 

I just had an idea to make it so each #1 of my lists is nominated for Poki Person of the Year 2023 and then make a TIME inspired picture for them lol

Just a heads up most of the music on my Spotify Wrapped is 1997-2003 hehe

I'm always surprised at how much 2023 music people in ATRL listen to.

Okay I got some visuals and my lists are set, will think of how I want to do the reveals. I think 10 tracks + 3 reveals from 3 categories so that we gradually reveal who made the Hall of Fame :smile:

I'll finish this even if no one cares, I'm bored.

Someones_Watching_Over_Me.thumb.gif.867d3c3fed1930d85ed323aee52dc70a.gif

• ATRL Moderator

so so excited for this as I feel our music taste is quite similar (except for a few...choices of yours x)

• Haha 1

nCVWe6c.png

Hey everyone! Update #1 is here!

So a few notes:

- Most of my music taste is from 1997 - 2003. I hope that won't turn you off because I know most Best Ofs are for music of the year we are in now (2023 in this case).

- I allowed only 1 video game per franchise minus one expectation which will be revealed in time.

- I allowed 1 movie per decade for each studio.

- There are 5 GTA maps so will reveal one every other reveal

Music [artist / track title / album / year]

Spoiler

ff937ec5e5914f4d7235a5fbb9a17d0a.1000x10

#100: Electronic Go Go - Scatwerk
Grand Theft Auto III: Head Radio, 2001

"It's a bit weird, but towards the end it gets bumpin'"

-----------------------------------------------

Madonna-Confessions-On-A-Dance-Floor-Front.jpg

#99: How High - Madonna
Confessions on a Dance Floor, 2005

"I like how serious it sounds. I think it should have been released instead of Jump"

41HMXJMXTZL.jpg&ehk=NxaQinyjnNCq8x0w8Lfj

#98: Let's Forget About It - Lisa Loeb
Firecracker, 1997

"One of my favorites from this album, very sincere. I like the echoes at the start"

Tori_Kelly_-_Tori.png

#97: missin u - Tori Kelly
tori, 2023

"Didn't expect this at all from Tori, a shame it was a flop. atm I prefer the r&b edit over this one"

OIP.WtI-_F9fxdV8I_cGCkgaVwHaHa?rs=1&pid=ImgDetMain

#96: Real Love - Cher
Living Proof, 2001

"This album is bop after bop, this one in particular has a fun disco flare that is different than what we got in the 2020s"

81227973544_1s8xg9VKvLKR0t.jpg

#95: Take a Bow - Madonna
Bedtime Stories - 1994

"One of my favorites, so of course Madonna never performs it. 10/10 album honestly, I expect myself to listen to it more in 2024"

s-l400.jpg

#94: Bigger Wow - Avril Lavigne
Head Above Water - 2019

"Back when this album came out, this was the one track I liked. Lyrics are a bit dumb but the chorus has a whimsy vibe to it"

ff937ec5e5914f4d7235a5fbb9a17d0a.1000x10

#93: Fade Away - Craig Gray
Grand Theft Auto III: Head Radio, 2001

"Another GTA 3 track! This is a moody track that really fits gloomy rainy days in Liberty City"

OIP.WtI-_F9fxdV8I_cGCkgaVwHaHa?rs=1&pid=ImgDetMain

#92: When the Money's Gone - Cher
Living Proof, 2001

"Yes yes Cher bops. While every album track has about 400,000 streams, this one has 100,000. Why? It's in the middle of the track list, so people are actively skipping it???"

Madonna-Confessions-On-A-Dance-Floor-Front.jpg

#91: Push - Madonna
Confessions on a Dance Floor, 2005

"A track that almost got my ass sent home in TABS 2. I like the trippy vibe it has and personally, I think this chorus' arrangement is an alteration of Like A Prayer. Seriously, try to sing the chorus of Like A Prayer in the style of Push's chorus, and it fits perfectly. I wonder if this was intentional"

Video Games

Spoiler

Need-for-Speed-Unbound-key-art.jpg&ehk=yOWdnOvlLPgXaRYOsYkHUnE3GaWYV2upx6YqdJQ%2B0Mo=&risl=&pid=ImgRaw&r=0

#10: Need for Speed Unbound, 2022

"This game is really cool. The city vibe of Underground, the police chases of Most Wanted, awesome customization and fun driving. The bi-monthly updates are fantastic. We are apparently about to get a 6th update early 2024 (which will probably be the last one), so I'm excited to see what it adds. This game is the most mouth watering of all the Need for Speed games to me"

Animated Movies

Spoiler

scale?width=1200&aspectRatio=1.78&format=jpeg

#10: Oliver & Company, 1988

80's Disney

"My favorite Disney movie from the 80s. The intro always makes me cry. Holds a dear place for me, I used to sing "Good Company" to my orange tabby before he passed away :'(. This movie has soul, it's dark, real dark and has very heartwarming moments to it. The very final moment of the credits track always gives me shivers, because this movie is the last movie Disney made before they embarked on the Renaissance Era with The Little Mermaid in 1989. The soundtrack aged surprisingly great, thank God they avoided synth guitars and let Billy Joel go for a more funky, raw vibe. I recently bought a Hallmark Christmas decoration of Oliver & Dodger, and a 100th Disney anniversary dolls set Disney made of them (which no shade but they look kinda ugly)"

Honorable mentions: The Great Mouse Detective, The Black Cauldron

Pokemon

Spoiler

latest?cb=20170428152920

#10: Meowth

Pokemon Red, Blue, Green

"Love love love how much personality he has in the anime. His ability to throw coins (and collect coins) makes him super useful to have in a team. He was also the first ever Pokemon pog I ever got in 2004"

GTA Maps

Spoiler

OhDyQsQ=&risl=&pid=ImgRaw&r=0

#5: Vice City (Scooter's Version)

Grand Theft Auto Vice City, Vice City Stories

"If there's one aspect that reveals that Vice City 2002 was a rush job (it indeed was), it's Vice City itself. On the west we have a useless airport, a death zone army base, a useless port that used to lead to the Gator Keys (this is a fact, I can pull up youtube videos if you are interested in the cut islands of Vice City), and only ONE road to connect the north and south parts. And then there's the abandoned beach. And the massive stadium. Literally why. On the east we have literally half the landmass covered by sand. From certain points of view, it looks like you are in an endless desert. And we also have the useless golf course. So much useless land, and you always drive on the same damn road on the western island."

League of Legends

Spoiler

Rumble_0.jpg&ehk=N5NXT532Ikua1%2Big2aUlNR3QkHKNoHFNpjxQriMIjqM=&risl=&pid=ImgRaw&r=0

#10: Rumble

Melee Ability power fighter

"Rumble is based. He hates humans, is a stalker, lonely, and unloved by Rito Games. Also he's directly inspired by Ratchet & Clank. I put him at #10 because it's extremely hard to do well with him these days. Everyone takes Ghost in ARAM so it's difficult to land a good ultimate now. And there's so much crowd control, you can't just run up to people with your flamethrower and burn them alive-this sounds messy out of context :rip:"

Sims 4 DLC

Spoiler

OIP.z6WCc9uByFJIeAYv1xOIDAHaKc?rs=1&pid=ImgDetMain

#10: Outdoor Retreat

Game Pack, 2015

"The first ever DLC for The Sims 4. Also the first ever game pack. I was shook how much content it gave you for $20. Granite Falls is still very pretty to me and gets even better with Seasons installed. The snow here is beautiful and if your kids are scouts, you can go with them here and pretend it's a family activity. The bonus trait Stoves and Grills Master is the only trait in the entire game across all DLC to improve your sims' cooking ability when specifically using a grill. You can also get a pet dragonfly that's an actual miniature dragon. Cloud/star gazing is very sweet for me. There's also a wooden carved heart decoration that comes in pride colors, always loved that item. Also got vertical panels that still look incredible to this very day. I like to use the furniture for sims with high woodworking skill to give the impression they made it themselves. AND finally, it's fantastic for a hardcore Build A City Challenge. Overall, a lot of stuff I love to use. Very wholesome and sweet"

LEGO

Spoiler

LEGO-40491-Year-of-the-Tiger-certified-store-featured.jpg

#10: Year of the Tiger

New Year, 2022

"Cute! I was born in 1998 so that makes me fall under the Tiger. Fun fact: This was my first ever set that I built from spare parts. By miracle I was able to buy the individual parts because the official set ran out of stock. I switched his eyes to have a blue iris so he looks closer to me, and I think the extra contrast looks good."

Edited by Hey Dude

How High :heart:

i love that there is a Sims one :eddie: though I only play Sims 2

missin u + Take A Bow :heart2:

• Thanks 1

The way the music list make me want to revisit Madonna's Confessions and Cher's Living Proof (even though i haven't listen to the later in a really long time :dies:)

I had Outdoor Retreat a few years ago from my friend as a birthday gift but i haven't really explore much nn. I haven't even visit Granite Falls once but let me make one of my sims take a vacation there to see what's up :clap3:

I didn't care for the rest of the EP but missin u and cut were such bops :jonnycat:

the Madonna songs are a cute throwback!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.