Hit songs that are banned in your country

blown away

I recently found out You Are Not Alone by Michael Jackson is banned in my country since 2007. It was ruled it  plagiarized some 1993 Belgian composition.

Up until this day, it's not available on Spotify here and the official video on YouTube is blocked here. The song is also omitted from any Michael Jackson album and cannot be played on radio or TV.

From 2005 up until 2014 Madonna's Frozen was also banned here, once again because it supposedly plagiarized  Belgian composition from the late 70's. This ruling was repealed in 2014 and the ban was lifted.

Spoiler

However, being the unapologetic ***** Madonna is she did play the song during her 2009 concert in Belgium.

Any cases from other countries?

"Piece of Me" by Britney Spears was banned in some Arabic country, because you can hear "you wanna piss on me" on the chorus.

• Haha 3

None, only a few local songs, but none of them were a hit.

No songs banned in Murica wbk

670c14b3c522f5c29b2fc5c23977892d.gif

• Haha 4

Madonna hated Into The Groove so much, she worked real hard to make sure the US never knows about it. Didn't put it on the US version of her album. But radio somehow discovered it and thus then the clown bit back and now it's one of her most memorable hits here.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Hey Dude said:

Madonna hated Into The Groove so much, she worked real hard to make sure the US never knows about it. Didn't put it on the US version of her album. But radio somehow discovered it and thus then the clown bit back and now it's one of her most memorable hits here.

I always thought it was her record label that didn't want to release it in the US, because they thought it would overshadow Angel.

I wouldn't be surprised if Madonna was the one who stopped its release though. I mean, we're talking about the same woman who stopped the release of Amazing.

Edited by blown away

i can't think to a song is banned (but until like 50-60 years ago a lot of them were).

but artists can be boycotted or ostracized. Around one month ago ere a man killed his girlfriend and for several reason this became very discussed in the country so there are consequences. A very popular rapper (with several #1 hits) should have performed on a big city new year's day concert but it has been deleted cause "his lyrics are sexist".

For the same reason a rock band should perform at the next Sanremo music festival it's under attack and could be excluded because of an old song where they call their girlfriends "who..res" emerged.

But no one has asked to delete their songs from platforms or something. 

only one that comes to mind immediately is uhhhhh Sauce by Dawn Richard :chick3:

9 minutes ago, Raptus said:

I don't live in Iran, sis

:suburban:

Neither do I, sis

:suburban:

2 hours ago, JoAddams said:

Do you live in Russia?

I suppose it would be blocked there.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.