Wall Street Journal: Kevin McCarthy Resigning at End of Month

ClashAndBurn

After the Kinzinger shoulder checks and Burchett kidney elbow, he was on borrowed time. 

I wonder if even K Street takes him at this point.

bye-pumkin-goodbye.gif

A stain in politics that genuinely won't be missed. 

And to think, before the debt ceiling deal, republicans legit were starting to warm up to him, and so was the MAGA base. Now he is DONe

1 minute ago, FameFatale said:

Republicans down to a 1 person majority :rip: 

Should be two. 

4 minutes ago, Sergi91 said:

Should be two. 

An Ohio Republican is also leaving in the New Year for a post at Youngstown

• Like 1

I am conflicted. I mean I think he is an awful politician and an awful man and am glad he is going. Don't get me wrong. And I will never be a Republican party supporter either. But to me this still speaks to how far the Republican party has fallen to the far right that people keep leaving or are just publicly expressing how upset they are with their own party because of how dysfunctional it is. It is kind of sad even if they are awful. Mostly in part to that with less and less resistance as the party keeps getting more crazy Dems have less and less incentive to actually ever do decent things as long as they remain the "better" option to many. That competition alone at least SOMETIMES gets them to do things people want even if just in part. Like when we are facing the reality that for some a literal corpse propped up in the oval office is at least better than a treasonous criminal who threatens democracy it is really sad :skull:

2 hours ago, Espresso said:

I wonder if even K Street takes him at this point.

Why not? He still has some pull with the non-Freedom Caucus Republicans. Really it was the slim majority number that did him in. if Republicans had a double digit majority he may still have been speaker.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.