• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• rihannafan

• Headlock

• BtDecember

• Rep2000

that was a low moment for humanity tbh. getting ganged up on is one of the worst feelings in the world no matter how rich or famous you are, and that Bieber post inciting his stans (knowing their past) was the cherry on top even though he did apologize later on. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

40 minutes ago, Lady Claire said:

I can't at her acting as if the Kimye situation was the end of the world or the beggining of the end of her career :rip:

It was obviously shitty and the backlash was all over the place but honestly it was just a hate train that every popstar goes through these days... and unlike most girls her career wasn't affected. Reputation still debuted with 1m+, she was able to go on a stadium tour, and so on.

Imagine if she actually faced what Britney had to deal with in 2007? Or when Madonna was basically the most hated person in the world during the 90s? And their careers were actually affected as Britney was put under a conservatorship and Madonna was banned from music channels, radio, started to struggle in the US etc.

She should just move on from this bs, this narrative is tired at this point. She's literally at the top of the world rn, no one cares about that situation anymore :deadbanana4:

Who are you to tell her what should she feel about that incident? It is a big deal and a traumatic experience for her, not yours. If people ask her about it, she should not stop talking about it until she feels like it, not because of you or some random people on the internet. She has all the call to end this, not you, not Kim, not Kanye, etc. because she is the victim. This is her interview and this is HER story, NOT you, so she will decide when to end it and you will have no choice but to just sit there. You understand?

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 11

15 minutes ago, BtDecember said:

Who are you to tell her what should she feel about that incident? It is a big deal and a traumatic experience for her, not yours. If people ask her about it, she should not stop talking about it until she feels like it, not because of you or some random people on the internet. She has all the call to end this, not you, not Kim, not Kanye, etc. because she is the victim. This is her interview and this is HER story, NOT you, so she will decide when to end it and you will have no choice but to just sit there. You understand?

Well, this is HER story but it is a PUBLIC interview as she's opening up for other people to have their OPINIONS about it, and that is mine :)

And i'm sure Taylor is not reading this and even if she did, she wouldn't care about it.

Edited by Lady Claire
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 3
  • Thumbs Down 5

Can someone post the entire interview? Because with these little excerpts, it seems like at her crowning moment, she's still whining about being a victim and how difficult it is being a privileged, rich, famous entertainer. Like does she have a persecution complex or is it a tactic to position herself as an underdog even as a capitalist billionaire?

Edited by Jay07
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 5

Taylor's career never suffered

Anyone who hated Taylor over the Kim drama never liked Taylor in the first place

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Jay07 said:

Can someone post the entire interview? Because with these little excerpts, it seems like at her crowning moment, she's still whining about being a victim and how difficult it is being a privileged, rich, famous entertainer. Like does she have a persecution complex or is it a tactic to position herself as an underdog even as a capitalist billionaire?

https://time.com/6342806/person-of-the-year-2023-taylor-swift/

• Like 1

This is the only time I’m ok with a white woman using her tears as a weapon. Kanye is a pathetic anti-black loser and Kim isn’t much better herself. Get them again for me

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

Not people being mad she mentioned one of the most well-known moments of her career in an interview that clearly was examining what got her to the fever pitch point of fame she’s at now. Like she’s not sitting there crying about it daily, it was relevant to the topic.

And like, the weirdness of judging her for having felt like the Kimye incident was the end of the world at the time? Have YOU ever felt like literally the entire planet was specifically celebrating that you were over and cancelled? Have you ever had one of the most famous people on earth decide to selectively edit a phone call and post it publicly to demonize you to all of social media? Be for real, people. You don’t know how that felt and criticizing her for saying like seven years later that it was extremely hard on her mental health is bizarre.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

I remember when this was happening in real time and everyone on the internet was siding with Ye and Kim. I felt like the only one that knew Taylor wasn't lying. 

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

2 hours ago, rihannafan said:

The former

I know y’all Rih fans are bored but making up fake feuds over deleting a picture off of social media as part of a marketing campaign where she wiped everything off social media… is a lot :suburban:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

1 hour ago, Lady Claire said:

I can't at her acting as if the Kimye situation was the end of the world or the beggining of the end of her career :rip:

It was obviously shitty and the backlash was all over the place but honestly it was just a hate train that every popstar goes through these days... and unlike most girls her career wasn't affected. Reputation still debuted with 1m+, she was able to go on a stadium tour, and so on.

Imagine if she actually faced what Britney had to deal with in 2007? Or when Madonna was basically the most hated person in the world during the 90s? And their careers were actually affected as Britney was put under a conservatorship and Madonna was banned from music channels, radio, started to struggle in the US etc.

She should just move on from this bs, this narrative is tired at this point. She's literally at the top of the world rn, no one cares about that situation anymore :deadbanana4:

You didn’t read the interview at all, did you :rip:

• Haha 2

51 minutes ago, Jay07 said:

This choice of words so perfectly proves Taylor’s point :rip:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 4

6 hours ago, rihannafan said:

1468426274-screen-shot-2016-07-13-at-120

59556a7716160fb6668b48b7?width=1000&form

Your source for Taylor “doing much worse to Calvin and Rihanna” is a screenshot of… Calvin Harris confirming she wrote a song and praising her musical ability?

Hanging on to a “feud” that you fully imagined in your head like this (to the point you had this screenshot ready to go) for 7 years is crazy. 

Edited by Dephira
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

cool-story-bro.gif

Kanye had her SHOOK’d! 

I think a lot of people forget that that was a really low time for Taylor because of what she’s told us about herself. In recent years, Taylor has more than once said that for the first half of her career she was a people pleaser, that she liked being liked and she wanted to be liked by everyone (and in some ways I think she still has these tendencies, tbh). So yeah, I imagine that having two of the most famous people on earth at the time manipulate something so that the entire general public is led to believe you are a “snake” and a liar is quite damaging to your mental health. 

Listen, I do think Taylor displayed some mean girl behavior in the Katy thing, so she’s not always been the victim her entire career, but she was in this situation. Hell, Taylor had forgiven Kanye for the VMA incident. To be lied about in such a public manner simply because a few people (there is evidence strongly suggesting Scooter Braun had a part in the whole thing, but that’s for another day) decided to orchestrate a takedown would be incredibly hurtful to anyone. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Oh, so this is the angle the oth are taking to discredit this historical achievement :ryan3:. The irony of the same people who celebrated her downfall years ago calling her "dramatic" for talking about what she felt... I guess this thread is soon surpassing the main Time Person of The Year one one then (something none of your faves will ever achieve) :ryan3:

8 hours ago, Pud said:

Since when was it illegal to record a phone call?? 

I’m a Taylor fan but talk about making a mountain out of a molehill. The public forgot about this and moved on after a few weeks. 

It’s her that catastrophized the whole thing in her head. She didn’t need to make a whole album about it then and she certainly doesn’t need to dwell on it now 

Since it's in state(s) that require 2/all parties' consent for recording. Not to mention that fact that it also needs to be clearly stated that the conversation would be recorded in the first place in any cases.

And no, the public went on for MONTHS for the cancellation that it spilled over in the election months and even years after too. They were literally comparing her to Hitler for some sensational hit piece.

9 hours ago, Cruel Summer said:

Not people being mad she mentioned one of the most well-known moments of her career in an interview that clearly was examining what got her to the fever pitch point of fame she’s at now. Like she’s not sitting there crying about it daily, it was relevant to the topic.

And like, the weirdness of judging her for having felt like the Kimye incident was the end of the world at the time? Have YOU ever felt like literally the entire planet was specifically celebrating that you were over and cancelled? Have you ever had one of the most famous people on earth decide to selectively edit a phone call and post it publicly to demonize you to all of social media? Be for real, people. You don’t know how that felt and criticizing her for saying like seven years later that it was extremely hard on her mental health is bizarre.

Some of these people have meltdowns over other users downvoting their posts, as if they could handle what Taylor went through with Kim and Kanye. :rip:

I’m starting to see the same few users appearing in Taylor threads if there’s even a slight chance they can use whatever the subject of the thread is to have a dig at her, but whenever it’s something they can’t spin into a negative, they go Houdini. The Dua Lipa of it all is far too much.

:ryan3:

• Haha 6

I don’t like Kim but I remember her posting it bc Taylor said that she never heard the song

after the tape Taylor said the issue was actually the b word 

that’s the only reason ppl got in kimye’s side and im sorry but Kimye have always been more hated than Taylor at any point 

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Down 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.