Jeff Bezos targets housing for next moneymaking scheme

DAP

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/jeff-bezos-backed-real-estate-151102586.html

spacer.png

Many of the world’s largest investment firms have launched new funds over the past couple of years aimed at acquiring or building single-family homes to use as rentals. This comes as no surprise considering that the increased cost of buying a home has forced many Americans into being tenants instead of homeowners.

Arrived, a young real estate company backed by Amazon.com Inc. founder Jeff Bezos, has just announced its entry into the single-family rental fund space. Arrived currently operates a fractional real estate investing platform that has attracted nearly half a million retail investors since its launch in 2021. The platform allows these investors to purchase shares of single-family rental properties with as little as $100.

To date, investors on the platform have funded more than 388 homes with a total value of over $122 million. Properties are often fully funded within hours of going live, which has resulted in Arrived limiting the maximum investment on many of its offerings.

The new Arrived Single Family Residential Fund aims to simplify capital allocation by allowing users to invest more at one time and invest on their own schedule without having to wait for individual properties to launch.

Investors in the new fund will be diversified across several properties in multiple real estate markets. Arrived also intends to give investors an option to redeem or liquidate their shares on a quarterly basis after the first six months.

Arrived CEO Ryan Frazier expressed optimism about the single-family home market, citing its historically robust returns and lower volatility compared to the stock market. He also noted the persistent demand for housing, outpacing the supply of new homes over the last decade.

In the third quarter of 2023, investors on the platform earned approximately $890,000 in dividend income, marking an increase from the previous quarter. Over the past year, the platform has disbursed over $2.8 million in dividends to its investors.

The introduction of the new fund does not signal the end of Arrived’s traditional model. Investors can still purchase individual property shares with the same $100 minimum investment.

Arrived was the first SEC-qualified real estate investing platform to allow virtually anyone to buy shares in single-family rental properties.

This innovative approach to real estate investing has attracted significant attention and backing from high-profile investors and tech entrepreneurs, including Jeff Bezos, Marc Benioff, Spencer Rascoff, and Dara Khosrowshahi, who all invested in the company’s seed round. Bezos’s continued support was evident with his second investment during Arrived’s $25 million Series A funding round in 2022.

spacer.png

These people never have enough. I’m ******* sick of it. 

• Like 2

These people are slowly stripping people’s basic rights

In the 90s it was the norm to have a house by 25, paid off.

Now it’s a lifetime(if you’re lucky).

Like if you wanna make more money just go to space or some ****. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Trent W said:

These people are slowly stripping people’s basic rights

In the 90s it was the norm to have a house by 25, paid off.

Now it’s a lifetime(if you’re lucky).

Like if you wanna make more money just go to space or some ****. 

Bless your heart. I remember you throwing shade at all the politicians who wanted to do something about billionaires but I guess now it's biting. 

• Haha 6

9 minutes ago, Mean Trees said:

Bless your heart. I remember you throwing shade at all the politicians who wanted to do something about billionaires but I guess now it's biting. 

No honestly Im doing very well

But what they are doing is morally incorrect 

• ATRL Moderator

This is insane. Housing the US is screwed to hell and back already as it is.

Housing should be a basic human right, I am sick and tired of these money hungry making lives harder for everyone in middle/lower class (especially the latter).

In my opinion I forsee this continuing to be a compounding issue that will either go unaddressed or will only be addressed when it becomes really bad. Americans are going to continue shrinking in home ownership whether they can afford it or not and it is all going to be bought up by the rich/companies and rented out. Just like all the subscriptions everyone has these days eventually your home too is going to be subscription based only via rent unless you're one of the mega rich. They will make sure to keep ownership out of reach for most and force everyone into renting sadly

Can these billionaires stop hoarding money? Another scheme to take money from lower and middle class people into their humongous pockets 

Wall-E is not the future of society, it's Ratchet & Clank.

In the R&C universe, the government has virtually zero power because all the companies, media, land, is in the hands of a few billionaires. It's the year 3000 and entire planets are owned by billionaires. Weapon manufactorers rule supreme and have monopolies on entire galaxies.

That's where we are heading in this world. 

2 hours ago, Trent W said:

No honestly Im doing very well

But what they are doing is morally incorrect 

Who's morally incorrect? The billionaires or those who wanted to do something about them? I just want to be clear.

13 minutes ago, Mean Trees said:

Who's morally incorrect? The billionaires or those who wanted to do something about them? I just want to be clear.

The billionaires obviously, are you stupid?

You are kind of screaming for attention tho

Call your parents or something stop quoting me

1 minute ago, Trent W said:

The billionaires obviously, are you stupid?

You are kind of screaming for attention tho

Call your parents or something stop quoting me

So why did you throw salt, sht and shade at the politicians who wanted to rein in billionaires' power then? You can't cry about billionaire power when your politics enables them.

5 minutes ago, Mean Trees said:

So why did you throw salt, sht and shade at the politicians who wanted to rein in billionaires' power then? You can't cry about billionaire power when your politics enables them.

The f is wrong with you? Stop derailing this thread with your obsession with that user. You were fine with your first reply now it's giving unhinged stalker.

OT: This is completely insane. It's gonna get to the point in 5 years where you're gonna need  2 million for a decent home the way we're going :rip:

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

29 minutes ago, JBJT2786 said:

The f is wrong with you? Stop derailing this thread with your obsession with that user. You were fine with your first reply now it's giving unhinged stalker.

OT: This is completely insane. It's gonna get to the point in 5 years where you're gonna need  2 million for a decent home the way we're going :rip:

Why am I not allowed to respond? And why should people get let off enabling these billionaires to have the power they have? Stop being so dramatic.

3 minutes ago, Mean Trees said:

Why am I not allowed to respond? And why should people get let off enabling these billionaires to have the power they have? Stop being so dramatic.

You got the response you needed from that user and you kept digging instead just switching back to the topic at hand. Sorry I'm not the one being dramatic here. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.