Spotify firing 17% of staff, over 1,000 employees

Luis

5 minutes ago, AMIT said:

No, I am a person with basic human empathy, while you are in here showing sociopathic tendencies on the internet thinking it makes you look edgy, but instead you just look like a loser. :coffee2:

I just know you never leave the house cause everything around you triggers your "basic human empathy". I wish you all the luck making it through the real world.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 3

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AMIT

• dumbsparce

• Afterglow

• Homebrand

1 hour ago, dumbsparce said:

I just know you never leave the house cause everything around you triggers your "basic human empathy". I wish you all the luck making it through the real world.

You know nothing about me. But keep digging that hole yourself. I'm done with this conversation. :foxaylove3:

12 hours ago, AMIT said:

It's implied, it sounds like you're making up excuses for them. "It's just how business works!" has a very dark undertone when such is tied to people being able to pay their bills and buy food...

That… is how it works under capitalism though. Corporations have huge lay offs. 

Working for a tech company should be a huge red flag for people. 

2 hours ago, barbiegrande said:

That… is how it works under capitalism though. Corporations have huge lay offs. 

Working for a tech company should be a huge red flag for people. 

Then capitalism is shít and the general expectation should be to condemn it. Being ''neutral'' can easily translate into being tone-deaf (point being your second paragraph considering people are coerced into work in order to sustain themselves like :skull:) when such system is predicated on so much violence and complete disregard for our ecosystem, including our own lives. It is harmful to aid in normalizing such a messed up system. 

• Like 2

On 12/4/2023 at 7:39 AM, Afterglow said:

Huh? It's been happening to every tech company for many years, keep that political BS out of it and hold the CEO's accountable for once. :hoetenks:

Just becaue he didn't start it doesn't mean he can't be called out for doing nothing about it :giraffe:

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 12/5/2023 at 4:57 PM, dumbsparce said:

As a consumer, I really couldn't care less. I just want to listen to music for the lowest price possible. If that means people I'll never meet will be left jobless then so be it.

Statistically speaking, you're closer to end up being jobless than to being the CEO of a major corportation, so I'm not sure why would you defend them with so much passion :coffee2:

Just now, BrokenMachine said:

Statistically speaking, you're closer to end up being jobless than to being the CEO of a major corportation, so I'm not sure why would you defend them with so much passion :coffee2:

I'm not defending anyone, let alone with passion. I just can't imagine getting outraged over a company doing what's best for them. Especially if that means I'm not gonna get charged more as if I have all the money in the world to spend on music and podcasts.

21 minutes ago, BrokenMachine said:

Just becaue he didn't start it doesn't mean he can't be called out for doing nothing about it :giraffe:

Sis what do you want him to do, tell us to subscribe more by opening multiple accounts so they can keep 1,000 people? Like....yall:hoetenks: 

19 minutes ago, dumbsparce said:

I just can't imagine getting outraged over a company doing what's best for them.

'Doing what's best for them' when they literally decided hundreds of people should stop getting an income right when their big corporation has a revenue of billions of dollars. If that doesn't make you see something outside your egoistical ways I don't know that else might do it :lakitu:

11 minutes ago, Afterglow said:

Sis what do you want him to do, tell us to subscribe more by opening multiple accounts so they can keep 1,000 people? Like....yall:hoetenks: 

That's such an immature way of viewing politics :dies:

The government has the ability to provide better working conditions instead of protecting their 'poor CEOs' so much, but well they chose not to do so :giraffe:

15 minutes ago, BrokenMachine said:

That's such an immature way of viewing politics :dies:

The government has the ability to provide better working conditions instead of protecting their 'poor CEOs' so much, but well they chose not to do so :giraffe:

Sis that's what a union is for :deadbanana4:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.