Is the 1989 Re-Recordings era Underwhelming?

AvadaKedavra

my sources r telling me she is making a Is It Over Now mv as we speak :eli: 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, theoghon said:

Yes, if I was involved with putting out a major rerecording I'd pull out ALL the tricks, hire Beck's engineering/mixing team for a pristine audiophile recording AND have Rick Rubin for exec. Prod to ensure the vocals aren't butchered, plan out a COMPREHENSIVE boxset, nice set of remixes, great vinyl quality, focus on producing at least 1 quality af MV for the main vault single e.t.c.

This is assuming that those top guys would actually want to work on *rerecordings* to begin with.

Yeah I feel like Taylor is happy to let 1989’s name carry the album by itself, without lifting much of a finger to promote. As a fan it really is pretty underwhelming outside the first week :gaycat7: But at the same time, she’s probably super busy with the film, the tour etc, and she’s fed us so so so constantly so I don’t think we can really complain either… 

Yeah, the re-recording sucks, such a letdown because 1989 is such an amazing album. 

I think she’s just over it and ready to get it over with 

1989TV is by far the worst re-recording. The Max tracks sound like cheap karaoke covers, production issues throughout the album, the random beach theme she’s trying to retcon the album into, and the topper is the underwhelming vault tracks… just a mess

I think I’m going insane or deaf, Style isn’t bad at all and i use it now over the OG, I can’t notice a huge difference. The only song that really stuck out as different was New Romantics but I don’t hate it. 

• Thumbs Down 1

The only underwhelming thing of this era were the vault songs, which actually makes sense. They were initially discards off the original album, and even worse, now produced by Jack Antonoff :rip:

Although, I have to say I never figured out the theme change, why did she go from polaroid aesthetic to beach’s. The new one looks cheap.

1 hour ago, a_d_22 said:

i think she’s trying to avoid overexposure

:rip:

I can honestly say and most of us including the swifties will agree just not out loud, that none of the rerecordings was better than the original. 

They are not bad, they are just inferior 

It's a re-recording, so why should it have an era or real push outside of its release week? Stans need to stop treating the TVs as new albums, '1989' already had its own era.

The TV version is just there as an alternative to the 2014 recording of the same album, and judging from the fan, public and critics response, it's pretty much seen as the ultimate version now. :clap3:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.