AOC: “Pelosi made my life hell, life has gotten much better since she stepped down”

Bears01

“Getting Pelosi’s unfiltered thoughts was both eye-opening and disturbing,” Grim writes. “Ocasio-Cortez, who had made the slogan ‘Abolish Ice’ [US Immigration and Customs Enforcement] central to her challenge to Crowley, was particularly perplexed to hear Pelosi say that the phrase had been injected into American political discourse by the Russians and that Democrats needed to quash it.

Democrats are so embarrassing :redface:

I’m not seeing much in the article besides “Nancy old and weird,” but I’m glad things are working out for AOC. 

• Like 1

Both parties are embarrassing. 

the whole system doesn’t work anymore. We need a complete overhaul of the political system. 

• Like 6

I suppose thats what happens when you try to shake up the status quo. Good for her for standing through it and coming out on the other side. On one hand I get Nancy wanting to keep everyone in line and the party. On the other hand retire old bag and let the new generation take over. Whether or not you like AOC to me doesn't matter. We need more young and motivated people to purposefully question and push against the status quo to keep getting better even if its her or another person 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, She-Rah said:

Both parties are embarrassing. 

the whole system doesn’t work anymore. We need a complete overhaul of the political system. 

It's crazy that american people are forced to choose between just two options :rip:

As speaker, though, Pelosi made sure to limit the power of AOC and another progressive woman of colour, Pramila Jayapal of Washington state.

This speaks volumes to the state of that country where this is the woman that's one of the leaders of the left curtailing the power of two young PoC women because their issues don't line with her white-centric world. 

It was clear that the wicked witch of the left was harassing them, they're weak but not THAT weak. The democrats HATE actual opposition to republicans, they just want to be "good enough" so that people rightfully, vote for them over them.

Actual change is not on the agenda, just tepid, reversible ones.

I love AOC but she will never be a good politician on a larger scale if she doesn't listen to people outside her main base/echo chamber.

Pelosi was great at that, she kept everybody in check and that's what AOC didn't like.

• Like 5

Let me just get this out of the way so that when that user eventually finds their way here everyone can just pretend they already posted and ignore them.

AOC should have kept her mouth shut to the MOST PROGRESSIVE POLITICIAN queen Nancy Pelosi who enacted 1,000 bills that were MORE progressive than ANY THING that AOC even tried to INTRODUCE she should be GRATEFUL /s

7C46DCC5-750A-4AE3-888D-0A507CAC6626.thu

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 14
  • Confused 2
  • Thumbs Down 3

Pelsoi was better at her job than AOC is at hers

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

Pelosi kept everyone in check. If AOC wants to be a leader one day she needs to learn to listen to people outside of her base that tell her what she wants to hear. 

• Like 3

I think the most disappointing thing about AOC is that she's more of a social media activist than an actual legislator working to whip up the votes to actually threaten the establishment. She doesn't want to be the one to get her hands dirty by withholding votes, drawing hard lines, etc. which would give her a few days of negative headlines. Yeah I'm sure Nancy gave you headaches, but why didn't you give her even more? Why are you just complaining about it after the fact?

If progressive politicians want to actually achieve things they have to learn to stop giving af which toes they step on or guardrails they go against. The Tea Party and now MAGA Republicans have always had a very bold and take no prisoners approach.

Edited by Beyonnaise
  • Like 11

1 hour ago, Communion said:

Democrats are so embarrassing :redface:

If Democrats are embarrassing I don’t know how Republicans could be described since they are 100 times worse.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, HardBambi said:

If Democrats are embarrassing I don’t know how Republicans could be described since they are 100 times worse.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Beyonnaise said:

I think the most disappointing thing about AOC is that she's more of a social media activist than an actual legislator working to whip up the votes to actually threaten the establishment. She doesn't want to be the one to get her hands dirty by withholding votes, drawing hard lines, etc. which would give her a few days of negative headlines. Yeah I'm sure Nancy gave you headaches, by why didn't you give her even more? Why are you just complaining about it after the fact?

If progressive politicians want to actually achieve things they have to learn to stop giving af which toes they step on or guardrails they go against. The Tea Party and now MAGA Republicans have always had a very bold and take no prisoners approach.

Perfectly said. A lot of these progressives would make better activists than they do legislators. The work they're trying to get do will never get done with their current approach.

• Like 1

It seems a bit ungrateful. I used to have so much hope for her, watching her take down corrupt republicans in scathing lashings. Unfortunately, AOC hasn't done anything to further the progressive cause since 2019. 

Madame Pelosi, however, has forever left her mark on American politics. A feminist baddie of historical proportions who kept ALL the girls in line; the face of resistance against Trµmp.

AOC needs to stop tearing down other liberal women in politics and start focusing on the real enemies of the state.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

46 minutes ago, Raver said:

Pelsoi was better at her job than AOC is at hers

This is like praising a serial killer for being more efficient at smothering babies than someone part of the anti-smothering infants movement would be. :redface:

• Thumbs Down 1

The thing about politics is that optics do matter. And AOC is annoying and runs to twitter and socials as much as trump does. Her political career should speak for itself 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ewan Chaos said:

Let me just get this out of the way so that when that user eventually finds their way here everyone can just pretend they already posted and ignore them.

AOC should have kept her mouth shut to the MOST PROGRESSIVE POLITICIAN queen Nancy Pelosi who enacted 1,000 bills that were MORE progressive than ANY THING that AOC even tried to INTRODUCE she should be GRATEFUL /s

7C46DCC5-750A-4AE3-888D-0A507CAC6626.thu

This is accurate tbh. 

AOC (aka Always on Camera) is awful and one of the least productive members of Congress. Once Pelosi shut her and the Squad down, Democrats were able to make quantifiable progress on key Democratic initiatives. :chick2:

• Like 1

I didn't realize Nancy Pelosi had actual stans in here omg... you people will stan anything 

• Haha 3

AOC is that girl to me. Passionate, fierce and concise, more power to her.

• Like 1

I like her I do. But she could take some pointers for Pelosi. Say what you want but she knew how to get things done and keep everyone in check. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Mornings said:

The thing about politics is that optics do matter. And AOC is annoying and runs to twitter and socials as much as trump does. Her political career should speak for itself 

A huge portion of the electorate is on Twitter, there's nothing wrong with using it.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.