More gay men are starting to vote for Right-wing parties to feel "safe" in Europe.

Darkgalord

3 minutes ago, ugo said:

or maybe they don't offer any help for their "brothers" as immigration laws are very strict 

I mean, it’s like saying America and Italy are brothers because they’re both predominantly white and Christian. There’s a lot of intra-Arabic racism

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Communion

• Embustera

• Redstreak

• Dante Silva

The source is literally a video interview of one person where the interviewer points out that there isn't actually any data to support his position. There have always been conservative gays and conservatives always try to divide minority groups politically. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 10

This guy is a well known racist here. He was never a left wing person :rip: 

Edited by Embustera
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

Right-wing is extremely evil but Islam extremism is far more dangerous for gays and women.

All I see is gays picking the least evil out of two.

But yeah those right-wing politicians will go against them after done with muslims.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

Stop with the propoganda. This guy is racist and has actively been supporting the far right wing party for years. These racists are now using women's and LGBT safety as an excuse, they've never been supportive to either of these groups.

• Like 6

If there’s one thing a white gay man is going to do, it’s cause a regression.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 5

45 minutes ago, Embustera said:

He looks like a tokkie :rip: 

It’s kind of weird how some of y’all can’t accept that anecdotal lived experiences influence people more than grander stories of progress. I don’t agree with the conclusion being reached here but marginalized people flocking to hardline conservative policies that counter whatever force they feel threatened by is a tale as old as time.

• Like 1

I mean if they really do get harrassed by Muslims, who's to blame them for supporting the party that wants them out of their country?

• Like 8

I’ve said it once and I’ll say it again…all regions are absolute garbage used to brain wash the masses with their fictional little story books. Banning it worldwide would solve at least half the problems. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Is anyone really surprised? I've heard that in my own (definitely more left- than right-leaning) social circle too, and to a degree it definitely lines up with my own personal experiences: yes, I'm aware that conservatives/right-leaning people don't particularly like me as a gay man either – but the times I've been verbally assaulted, spat on or pushed, it was never one of them, but rather people with Arab/muslim heritage. Not to mention that a lot of women too are reporting they don't feel safe outside by themselves anymore, especially at night. At one point you just have to pick the lesser evil, and for an increasing number of people that seems to be right-wing parties. 

Edited by SlowGinFizzzz
  • Like 12

1 hour ago, Embustera said:

He is obviously very right wing socially and culturally but economically he's way closer to left-wing parties than to right-wing ones.

1 hour ago, Komet said:

The way left EU parties shot themselves in the foot in the last ~decade needs to be studied. Not even just them, but also the centre-right EPP parties ala CDU.

Anyway, LGBT community being so much in support of mass immigration from places and cultures where there's no room for us to say the least never made sense, and a rude awakening was bound to happen sooner or later. 

Denmark is a country that has been able to balance this out in a way that has become very popular with the gp even though they have a left wing/centre government

2 hours ago, jesus del rey said:

Not all gay men, white gay men. POC gays are f-cked no matter what

ab.thumb.gif.77d400634a47cfd610f0fa7ad18

Data also parses out that it's not gay women either. :cm:

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

38 minutes ago, Domination said:

It’s kind of weird how some of y’all can’t accept that anecdotal lived experiences influence people more than grander stories of progress. I don’t agree with the conclusion being reached here but marginalized people flocking to hardline conservative policies that counter whatever force they feel threatened by is a tale as old as time.

I think the issue is that it is exclusively cis white gay men by large out of LGBTQ people in Europe who experience street harassment or homophobia from a straight person of x ethnic background and decide the issue is not driven by that person's straightness but their ethnicity and suddenly decide the needed measure is not pro-LGBT education but needing to live in a racially and ethnically homogenous society. 

The "people fear what harms them" thing was debunked with Sweden. 

The gender gap between how Swedish women vote (largely left wing parties) versus how men vote (largely right wing parties) and this gap so noticeable that it was at odds with the claim that Muslims possessed some huge threat to your average Swedish woman who'd then vote for tough immigration policies. That didn't parse out. 

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Why is it difficult for leftists to comprehend that deprioritizing the safety and concerns of one disenfranchised population in favor for another results in a decrease in popularity among the deprioritized group?

And then they sit there, in the shitty diaper that they soiled themselves, wailing and pointing their grubby fingers at 'yt gays' which only further alienates these people from the cause.

• Like 14
  • Thumbs Down 2