North Korean election results are in

ZIVERT

On 11/29/2023 at 11:41 PM, AMIT said:

That's true for any person living under any state's rule. None of us are ''free'' or whatever propaganda they want to make you believe. :rip:

You're making a point.

But at least there's some sort of 'freedom of speech' and some sort of democracy (even if it's very fragile) that allow people to vote and live a comfortable life. It has a lot of problems, but it's not as radical as in NK. 

• Like 1

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AMIT

• dumbsparce

• alexrex

• Vixen Eyes

I support some Communist points like wealth distribution/higher taxes for the rich, more public services in healthcare and education and retirement for women at the age of 55 if they have worked for over 20 years, one or two years off if they had more than two children (with the same amount of years of work) and for men retirement at the age of 60.

But yeah none of the communist countries were great to live in. 

Edited by Aristotle

22 hours ago, alexrex said:

You're making a point.

But at least there's some sort of 'freedom of speech' and some sort of democracy (even if it's very fragile) that allow people to vote and live a comfortable life. It has a lot of problems, but it's not as radical as in NK. 

There's no democracy, all of those countries are ruled by their elite class (who uses the state as a shield against the working class/poor). And that 'comfortable life' comes at the expense of many other people who cannot meet their basic needs consistently, which is a feature of the economic system, not a bug. All governments spy on all of us and keeps us under constant surveillance, all of them have the monopoly on the use of violence. I understand these are radical/'extreme' positions, but we live on extreme times anyway (wars, man-made climate cathastrophes, incredibly unstable economy/rising inequality - again, a feature of the system, not a bug -, rise of neo-nazism/fascism everywhere etc). The government doesn't want us knowing how it actually functions lest it risk everything falling apart for them.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, AMIT said:

There's no democracy, all of those countries are ruled by their elite class (who uses the state as a shield against the working class/poor). And that 'comfortable life' comes at the expense of many other people who cannot meet their basic needs consistently, which is a feature of the economic system, not a bug. All governments spy on all of us and keeps us under constant surveillance, all of them have the monopoly on the use of violence. I understand these are radical/'extreme' positions, but we live on extreme times anyway (wars, man-made climate cathastrophes, incredibly unstable economy/rising inequality - again, a feature of the system, not a bug -, rise of neo-nazism/fascism everywhere etc). The government doesn't want us knowing how it actually functions lest it risk everything falling apart for them.

Well, I can't debate with that. You have made several points about how our society works today and how it is not equal based on the economic system that rules today. 

I will just add that at least we are aware of it and can still talk about it and have a conversation like this, while in countries like NK or Russia you could be persecuted, tortured or even killed if you dare doing it. (Although I know the elite does the same everywhere else when they find themselves threaten about people who speak up and go against the system) 

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.