Jennifer Lopez - This Is Me… Now: A Love Story | OUT NOW on Prime Video 🍅 RT FRESH

insomniac

The film is directed by Dave Meyers and screenplay written by Jennifer Lopez, Ben Affleck and Matt Alton. 

Edited by insomniac
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• insomniac

• Yudelkis

• CosTaSsSs

• Ramooon

QueenofCopyPaste

Finally! 

This Is Me... Now: The Film offers "the

The official press release for the launch describes the project as follows: “Along with Director Dave Meyers, Lopez creates a genre-redefining immersive cinematic experience: an extravagant visual and sonic feast with impressive choreography, star studded cameos, costumes, sets and blockbuster-worthy visuals. Although an astonishing vivid spectacle, the film is ultimately a heartfelt ode to JL’s journey of self-healing and everlasting belief in fairytale endings. Audiences will be captivated and leave hopeful that true love can be more than a dream.”

Can’t Get Enough, the first single from This Is Me…Now: The Album, will be released on Wednesday, January 10, 2024.

https://deadline.com/2023/11/jennifer-lopez-album-this-is-me-now-release-date-amazon-movie-1235638061/

The film will be released on Prime Video in more than 240 countries and territories worldwide, while Nuyorican/BMG will distribute the album.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/jennifer-lopez-this-is-me-now-film-album-1234897214/

Edited by insomniac

Jennifer Lopez announces release date of new album and accompanying film, This Is Me... Now

spacer.png

Jennifer Lopez (c) Norman Jean Roy

Multi-talented global superstar Jennifer Lopez has announced the release date of her long anticipated 'musical experience', This Is Me... Now, as well as surprising fans with the announcement of an accompanying film of the same name to be released February 16, 2024.

This Is Me... Now is Lopez's first full length studio album in nearly a decade, and her first release since signing a new recording and publishing partnership with BMG earlier in 2023. It comes more than 20 years after its sister album, This Is Me... Then exploded on the charts, led by the worldwide smash 'Jenny From The Block'.

The album, written and executive produced by Lopez and Rogét Chayed, along with Angel Lopez, Jeff "Gitty" Gitelman, HitBoy, Tay Keith and INK among others, effortlessly blends R&B, contemporary pop sounds and hip-hop beats, combined with Lopez’s signature vocals. It is already slated to be Lopez's most honest and personal album to date.

Directed by award-winning music, film and commercial director Dave Meyers, the filmed visual adaptation of the music, This Is Me... Now: The Film, is a narrative-driven intimate, reflective, sexy, funny, fantastical and highly entertaining musical and visual reimagining of Lopez's publicly scrutinized love life. The pair, who previously worked together on a number of Jennifer Lopez's music videos, create a genre-redefining immersive experience together: an extravagant visual and sonic feast with impressive choreography, star studded cameos, costumes, sets and blockbuster-worthy visuals. A heartfelt ode to Lopez's journey of self-healing and her everlasting belief in fairytale endings, the film promises to captivate audiences and leave them feeling hopeful. 

Amazon MGM Studios has acquired and will release Nuyorican Productions’ This Is Me…Now: The Film on Prime Video in more than 240 countries and territories worldwide. Nuyorican/BMG will distribute the highly anticipated This Is Me…Now: The Album.

'Can't Get Enough', the first single from This Is Me…Now: The Album, will be released on January 10, 2024 via Nuyorican/BMG.

spacer.png
Can't Get Enough (c) BMG

https://www.bmg.com/de/news/Jennifer-Lopez-new-album-and-film-This-Is-Me-Now.html

• Like 1

Ben Affleck co-wrote the film, which perhaps explains why the writer's strike also affected it.

• Like 1

I'm so excited, come through mama, finally a solid project, the artistic vision she is serving with all these teasers, everything I've been asking for comeback :jonnycat:

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

wow this could be a big critical boost for her if it's good! 

Come through Ms mi gente latino! 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BryceG said:

Ben Affleck co-wrote the film, which perhaps explains why the writer's strike also affected it.

And apart from the writers strike it was also affected because of the SAG actors strike, since it’s a Prime Video film and Jen is part of SAG.

They should release this in cinemas too for a limited period at least, I guess that Amazon paid for the whole spectacle because the visuals are great and the labels don’t spend money in videos unless it’s a big star/song.

Finally! Movie + Album in February, she ended Marry Me project with the trailer alone.

On 11/28/2023 at 12:55 AM, Dark Phoenix said:

They should release this in cinemas too for a limited period at least, I guess that Amazon paid for the whole spectacle because the visuals are great and the labels don’t spend money in videos unless it’s a big star/song.

Finally! Movie + Album in February, she ended Marry Me project with the trailer alone.

From the press release it seems like she produced and paid for it herself and then sold it off to Prime.

• Like 1

On 11/29/2023 at 2:10 PM, Totami Legend said:

i'm so excited for this era, everything seems on point.

Agree!!

Wait this is serving budget. We all had our laughs about the album going MIA but I'm rooting for her

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Film cameos revealed:

Keke Palmer, Jenifer Lewis, Post Malone, Jane Fonda, Kim Petras, Sofia Vegara, Jay Shetty, Derek Hough, Fat Joe

• Like 2

This'll EAT!

• Like 1

Coming for VMAs, Emmys, & Grammys! :clap3: 

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.