Why were pop girls so obsessed with circus in 2008-9?

kellebrity98

• ATRL Moderator

Some influence has to be given to how successful Cirque du Soleil was at that time and prior. In the US, Bravo had two different CDS shows Fire Within and Solstrom that were airing around that time, plus Bravo and NBC were both airing full CDS shows like Alegria, Dralion, Quidam, Varekai, and La Nouba. 

So circus in all aspects was pretty popular and all the pop girls picked up the campiness of a circus and ran with it. 

22 hours ago, Stankonia said:

Christina's impact

Huh.... This is so good :jonny:

An ENTRANCE :jonny:

The whole concert was so good :clap3:

Tbh I dont see any other examples than the 2 (the 3rd (Kelly) turned out to be fanmade?)

-Britney's was more on a play of words on what was going around her. I think she said it herself in the documentary they released, to make things "clear".

I think the idea was there as far as the VMA performance, since there was supposed to be a magic show (and there was one on the tour)

-For P!nk, she wanted a "fun" album and nothing sad or breakup-ishy (it was speculated and later confirmed that she split from her husband).

The album wasn't even supposed to be called "funhouse"either lol

Masquerade would've been a better title for Kelly's album, 'All I Ever Wanted' was so non-descript

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.