Dua Lipa - "Houdini (Extended Edit)"

chicchick336

9 minutes ago, Love Again said:

Now lets hope she doesnt release and delete it immediately like the instrumental version :ahh:

Also this BETTER also have an extended intro with the muffled instrumental in the beginning

I noticed that a few days ago… why the f*ck did she remove it?

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Solaria

• kellebrity98

• Dula Peep

• illia

hopefully this is the album version

19 minutes ago, Peroxide said:

I noticed that a few days ago… why the f*ck did she remove it?

Cause it flopped :dies:

• Confused 1

IMO this is a sign that Dua might completely move on from Houdini once the year ends & push the next single instead. Otherwise, it would have been smarter to wait until January for this.

Excited regardless :duca:

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, wish said:

IMO this is a sign that Dua might completely move on from Houdini once the year ends & push the next single instead. Otherwise, it would have been smarter to wait until January for this.

I wouldnt say so. I see this more as Team Dua trying to maintain interest in the song over the Xmas breeze before pushing the song with performances in the new year

Like a User pointed out, right now theres still quite the overlap with DTN and its potential nomination for the Oscars. I still predict a proper promotion of Houdini in January/February. This is just the beginning 

Edited by Kristie Kuwa

1 hour ago, wish said:

I agree. I’ve been saying since the beginning that since Training Season was the original lead but canceled due to EMA’s being cancelled. They literally started the era and had no option but to do the “disappearing” act and relate it to Houdini. Houdini is simply here to hold us over till mid/late January. 

Edited by perfectillusion204
  • Confused 2

3 hours ago, gerardsuxx said:

She is desperate 

Yeah she’s releasing a 6min extended edit in the middle of the xmas freeze because she’s desperate.. make it make sense 

4 hours ago, wish said:

Kinda thought the same 

Better than the original for sure, this feels like the version that was intended to be from the beginning. As if they originally made this one and then cut it in half before releasing it. It should be the album version 100%.

THIS IS THE FAKE EXTENDED EDIT!! REAL ONE COMES ON SUNDAY!

Spoiler

Having to cope with this being a disappointment cause the vocal mixing is just so off

On 11/28/2023 at 3:00 PM, wish said:

But Dua's promo never worked like that

She kept releasing something every two weeks to keep the momentum during FN before the pandemic

I'm sooooo excited for this!

Since she talked about it in an interview, I've been eagerly waiting!!!

Go Dua!

I like the new verse a lot; I just wish that had been included in the first version to begin with, don't .. really get why it wasn't?

Hmmm, I mean, I think it's cute... The mixing kinda ruins it though - it just doesn't hit as hard as it should. 

I definitely thought this would be better, but I don't think it's horrible.

• ATRL Moderator

I’m loving it, it really sounds great. I’m not noticing any vocal mix problems some others are saying?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.