China trials visa-free travel for six countries incl. France, Germany

Kitty Kat

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-67516777

China is trialling visa-free travel for citizens from France, Germany, Italy, the Netherlands, Spain and Malaysia for a year, its foreign ministry said.

From December to 30 November 2024, ordinary passport holders from these countries can do business or travel in China without a visa for up to 15 days.

This is to help "promote China's high-quality development and opening up", spokeswoman Mao Ning said on Friday.

Currently, most travellers need a visa to enter China.

The rare examples of those exempt include citizens of Singapore and Brunei, who are entering China for business, tourism, family visits and transit for no more than 15 days.

It was only in March that China began issuing all types of visas again. In March 2020, it had imposed strict travel restrictions in the wake of the coronavirus pandemic.

For three years, China had some of the world's strictest Covid curbs, with travel restrictions, numerous lockdowns and frequent testing requirements.

Its zero-Covid policy, which hit the economy hard, was only lifted last December.

Tens of millions of international visitors came to China each year prior to the pandemic.

Will the girls be visiting China?

I was planning on going to Japan next year. Maybe I should do a stop over in China for a couple of days and buy the Faye Wong CDs missing from my collection. :gaycat1:

5 minutes ago, Monster Megamind said:

15 days is not enough to visit the whole China. Pointless 

It will make business tips there so much easier which is probably their goal. Getting a chinese visa is WORK, and it costs about $150, at last when I got mine

21 minutes ago, Flanders said:

It will make business tips there so much easier which is probably their goal. Getting a chinese visa is WORK, and it costs about $150, at last when I got mine

Yawn 

• Confused 1

Getting a visa is the main thing that puts me off so this is good for international tourism. Hopefully they expand it.

Spoiler

Taiwan is still better though 

China is so full of amazing cities that even if you only went to the most popular you wouldnt be able to really get your money's worth in only 15 days. You literally need a month to feel like you properly visited China imo especially because its one of those countries most ppl will only visit once in their lifetime because it's so far away (at least to people in the West obviously. 

4 hours ago, G.U.Y. Gaga said:

Yawn 

China is amazing, actually the lack of westerners there is one of the best part about travelling the country, makes it so much more immersive 

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.