Naruto Game Faces Backlash Over AI

Hiatus

Wild Rift also recently was exposed for having an AI voice over for Sivir, their latest champion. 

We need some massive protests in the video games scene because something tells me this will only get worse. 

Sounds so horrible too :rip: I would NEVER touch a game so miserable and scummy they'd rather use AI than to pay decent wages to their VA talent. 

It's not okay to use a person's voice for AI without informing them. Otherwise, however, I don't see a problem. AI is the future and will also change the gaming industry. Good luck to everyone who wants to stop AI. AI could become better than humans in many areas. I wouldn't be surprised if AI replaces voice actors one day.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

With so many VAs expressing how uncomfortable it makes them knowing there’s AIs out there using their voices without permission, and studios pulling these kind of stunts, It’s only a matter of time before VAs go on strike to get this stuff under control.

1 hour ago, Anthinos said:

It's not okay to use a person's voice for AI without informing them. Otherwise, however, I don't see a problem. AI is the future and will also change the gaming industry. Good luck to everyone who wants to stop AI. AI could become better than humans in many areas. I wouldn't be surprised if AI replaces voice actors one day.

we wont allow it in europe tho, murica issa dystopian hellhole without government so im sure it will happen

2 hours ago, Anthinos said:

In my view, that entire thing is the problem. “AI is the future” should mean that AI provides meaningful advances in economics, medicine, and other areas where it’s needed to make the human experience better. It shouldn’t mean that it replaces human roles in creativity. AI generated entertainment content lacks what makes human creativity valuable in the first place. Whether or not an algorithm can produce a technically better performance, I want a human voice behind the characters I see, a human mind behind their design, a human idea behind their stories. I want human beings who have the talents to create those things have jobs and opportunities to share their creative selves and for them be compensated with a living wage. Selling AI-generated content in any artistic medium is profoundly disrespectful of the medium itself and all those who work with it. This is before we even begin to get into the implications of how AI models are trained on the voices, art, and general creativity of those who have never consented, of people who don’t even know their work is feeding the model.

• Like 1

Oh that’s terrible :deadbanana:

inwonder how much money they saved doing that 

I just know Nintendo is going to jump on that train at some point 

Ai captain rainbow dub incoming :clap3:

Worst part is they probably will still sell AI content in the same price as human-made content if entire triple A, AI video games are made.

6 hours ago, Anthinos said:

The problem is people like you who think it’s all or nothing. AI isn’t “the future”, it’s a current existential development that we have to grapple with, and that includes fighting back about regulations so it doesn’t just run wild and rampant. 

9 hours ago, Cruel Summer said:

In my view, that entire thing is the problem. “AI is the future” should mean that AI provides meaningful advances in economics, medicine, and other areas where it’s needed to make the human experience better. It shouldn’t mean that it replaces human roles in creativity. AI generated entertainment content lacks what makes human creativity valuable in the first place. Whether or not an algorithm can produce a technically better performance, I want a human voice behind the characters I see, a human mind behind their design, a human idea behind their stories. I want human beings who have the talents to create those things have jobs and opportunities to share their creative selves and for them be compensated with a living wage. Selling AI-generated content in any artistic medium is profoundly disrespectful of the medium itself and all those who work with it. This is before we even begin to get into the implications of how AI models are trained on the voices, art, and general creativity of those who have never consented, of people who don’t even know their work is feeding the model.

It does make human experience better. Now humans don't have to waste their time with voice over work and they can focus more on providing meaningful advances in economics and medicine.

• Confused 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.