The Pope invited a group of trans women for pasta, meatballs and tiramisu

Komet

Pope Francis recently sat down for lunch with a group of trans women, who were treated like the VIPs they are, in a bid to offer them comfort and support. The Pope, who in November said that trans people may be baptised and act as godparents or witnesses to marriage under the same conditions as any other adult, further acquainted himself with the group of trans women over an annual lunch.

The group of trans women, who all had a history of personally interacting the pontiff, were joined by 1000 poor and homeless guests to mark the Catholic Church’s World Day of the Poor. Together they dined richly on cannelloni pasta filled with spinach and ricotta and meatballs in a tomato-basil sauce, served with a cauliflower puree. Dessert was equally indulgent in the form of tiramisu and petit fours.

[...]

In October, the pope was praised for saying that same-sex couples could have their unions blessed. His comment comes amid the Bishop of London saying that same-sex couple blessing services in the Church of England are unlikely to take place before 2025, as the church remains divided. Back in January, the pontiff reminded followers that “homosexuality is not a crime” and that countries who criminalise same-sex relationships are “unjust” in doing so.

https://www.thepinknews.com/2023/11/23/the-pope-invited-a-group-of-trans-women-for-pasta-meatballs-and-tiramisu/

tumblr_inline_nfmjprHZpp1sdcm15.gif

• Like 1

Are the pasta in the room with us ? i'm hungry.

The Catholics and conservatives are fuming about this on Reddit :dies:

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Bloodflowers. said:

The Catholics and conservatives are fuming about this on Reddit :dies:

r/conservative is a well known cesspit but r/catholicism might be worse. It's mostly american converts who are extremely trad, and I feel like they're 10 business days away from declaring an anti-pope  :dies: 

• Haha 1

That's nice. I'm not a fan of religion but I think this Pope is really good. It's nice to see that Christians and LGBT+ can coexist. Let's hope it also has an impact on Christians around the world. Hopefully one day they will realize that we are not bad people

The universe doesn't hate LGBT+. We are all the children of the universe, no matter what sexuality, gender, skin color or nationality we have or from which planet we come from.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Religion is trying to adapt, they know that millennials and the younger generations are not here for them.

It shows you the bull of crap they are

But I rather live with accepting religions than hateful once, so this is progress.

• Like 3

cool. is the catholic church going to allow these women to get married now and is the church going to hold their pdf files accountable?

On 11/24/2023 at 4:38 PM, Trent W said:

Religion is trying to adapt, they know that millennials and the younger generations are not here for them.

It shows you the bull of crap they are

But I rather live with accepting religions than hateful once, so this is progress.

Honey, Millennials and everyone else in third world countries still follow them. 

12 minutes ago, Horizon Flame said:

Honey, Millennials and everyone else in third world countries still follow them. 

Idk about millennials in the 3rd world but in the west almost everyone under 40 is agnostic or not religious 

In the 3rd world even Gen Z/Alpha is still under a lot of religious influence 

On 11/24/2023 at 3:25 PM, Headlock said:

Not the Pope being more accepting of trans women than some ATRLers :suburban:

oh

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.