Far-right PVV (anti-Muslim, anti-LGBT) becomes largest party in Dutch Parliament

Communion

4 minutes ago, Chemist said:

Dutch society is a tight closed society. No efforts whatsoever of integration and then they blame the immigrants for not integrating :rip: 

This country deserves this outcome tbh

Ding ding ding. The country's PR and advertisement is working overtime because everybody thinks the Netherlands is this utopia where everybody is welcomed and accepted regardless of origin, religion, or sexuality but that's a massive illusion. 

35 minutes ago, LadyFlopga said:

Poor muslims :cries: always the victims

Oh please, this anti-immigration rhetoric also extends to white immigrants and international students that do not make any effort to learn the language and integrate. The country has an enormous shortage of housing and no one provides any viable solutions, and instead international students or any immigrants that are not from the global South act as the scapegoat. 

This country would crumble without the foreigners, regardless of their origin. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Monster Megamind

• Communion

• SlowGinFizzzz

• KatyPrismSpirit

19 minutes ago, Chemist said:

Dutch society is a tight closed society. No efforts whatsoever of integration and then they blame the immigrants for not integrating :rip: 

This country deserves this outcome tbh

This!!! My friend was born and raised there (he's Moroccan+lgbt+very liberal) and he's been treated like an outsider his whole life. It's just racism at that point.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, LadyFlopga said:

Poor muslims :cries: always the victims

Are you stupid by nature or had an accident that caused damage to your brain? It would be helpful to know in this situation

• Haha 4

20 minutes ago, Monster Megamind said:

they saw muslims protesting against a genocide and decided it's time to kick them out 

liyahsphoenix-zachary.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1

I absolutely hate the outcome but Wilders is not anti LGB (trans rights im not too sure), and we at least should be a bit happy about that here in the Netherlands cause most far right parties in other countries are very anti LGBTI

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ayanaa said:

I absolutely hate the outcome but Wilders is not anti LGB (trans rights im not too sure), and we at least should be a bit happy about that here in the Netherlands cause most far right parties in other countries are very anti LGBTI

He is against drag queens and children learning about LGBT ideologies in elementary schools and thinks gender transition should only be allowed in very specific cases. I dont know if that should be considered anti LGBT but some people do consider it that.

Edited by houdini

2 minutes ago, houdini said:

He is against drag queens and children learning about LGBT ideologies in elementary schools and thinks gender transition should only be allowed in specific cases. I dont know if that should be considered anti LGBT but some people do consider it that.

That’s… obviously anti-LGBT :priceless:

1 minute ago, Headlock said:

That’s… obviously anti-LGBT :priceless:

Well thats my point. I do think its anti LGBT as well but not everyone considers that anti-LGBT, like the user above me.

NSC will be the kingmakers and BBB will definitely have to be a part of the new coalition because they are super strong in senate numbers and no legislation can pass without them. So any climate change agenda will be over from today onwards.

Edited by Monster Megamind

7 minutes ago, houdini said:

Well thats my point. I do think its anti LGBT as well but not everyone considers that anti-LGBT, like the user above me.

Yes, I wonder why:

On 12/18/2022 at 2:20 PM, Ayanaa said:

Because most people are afraid to get cancelled when they speak out against Big Pharma and surgeries on kids who don't even know santa is fake. JK is not and she gets the entire hate train. 

Now don't get me wrong, I'm all for people transitioning above the age of 18, I don't care, people should be allowed to live how they want, but let's not stick our heads into the sand for the sake of not getting cancelled.

:khalyan:

• Haha 3

This transgender issue is completely blown out of proportion. In reality, it's not really a problem. It's the same scaremongering that was used against gay men back in the day and it's sad that so many gay men are joining in. To a certain extent, this also applies to the immigration issue. Yes, Europe has problems that need to be talked about openly. Nevertheless, immigration is something positive overall. We need immigrants. Some European countries are becoming gerontocracies. These immigrants don't need Europe. They can also go to the USA, UK or Canada.

The way you’d think with how the world shifted through the years, human’s rights are regressing.
The way the upcoming French elections will be won by the right wing. 

4 minutes ago, Dialamba said:

The way you’d think with how the world shifted through the years, human’s rights are regressing.
The way the upcoming French elections will be won by the right wing. 

At least those elections are far away.

I am really surprised. I thought The Netherlands was one of the most progressive countries in the world and the far right wouldn't have any successful political space over there...crazy and weird times

I do take solace in the fact that the right wing government in Sweden, which was elected this year, is already having high disapprovals and even Meloni has peaked without achieving much.

2 hours ago, Monster Megamind said:

Most parties are pro-Israel so this is 100% not the reason :skull:. it was barely talked during the debates let alone something that was on the mind of the voters

From the exit polls:

The primary issue motivating PVV voters this year was immigration and asylum reception. Some 80 percent of PVV voters identified that as a key issue. 

The cost of living was also important to 75 percent of PVV voters. Healthcare was also an issue of urgency for 75 percent of the party's voters.

The other main issues for the PVV were trust in the current government, and norms and values (:skull:)

2 minutes ago, Chemist said:

Most parties are pro-Israel so this is 100% not the reason :skull:. it was barely talked during the debates let alone something that was on the mind of the voters

From the exit polls:

The primary issue motivating PVV voters this year was immigration and asylum reception. Some 80 percent of PVV voters identified that as a key issue. 

The cost of living was also important to 75 percent of PVV voters. Healthcare was also an issue of urgency for 75 percent of the party's voters.

The other main issues for the PVV were trust in the current government, and norms and values. 

If VVD literally called the elections because of the asylum issue and have become more right wing, why did the people then vote for PVV. Definitely the multiculturalism is the threat for these people. But the left played into their fear by carrying out these protests.

3 minutes ago, Monster Megamind said:

If VVD literally called the elections because of the asylum issue and have become more right wing, why did the people then vote for PVV. Definitely the multiculturalism is the threat for these people. But the left played into their fear by carrying out these protests.

VVD's party leader is literally a turkish woman. Hardcore anti-immigration voters were never going to vote VVD.

He benefitted from the debates focusing on immigration, which was always going to be to his advantage.

3 minutes ago, Chemist said:

VVD's party leader is literally a turkish woman. Hardcore anti-immigration voters were never going to vote VVD.

He benefitted from the debates focusing on immigration, which was always going to be to his advantage.

Eventually when the pedal hits the medal and countries realize there is huge labor shortage, then this whole right wing movement will collapse. 

31 minutes ago, Chemist said:

26 minutes ago, Monster Megamind said:

Eventually when the pedal hits the medal and countries realize there is huge labor shortage, then this whole right wing movement will collapse. 

I saw someone claim that the head of VVD said in a radio interview that she'd be open to working with PVV, exactly right before they started to increase in polls.

Is this true? @Chemist I saw the same perosn claim she eventually walked it back, but that's a more plausible reason than "PALESTINE PROTESTS!!111". :rip:

29 minutes ago, Chemist said:

I'm sorry but just because VVD's leader is a Turkish woman does not mean that the party is pro-migration and anti-racist.

Rutte has been routinely blocking Bulgaria and Romania from joining Schengen (Austria as well), citing concerns over illegal immigration via the Balkans. Or how Rutte's third cabinet resigned after falsly accusing immigrant families of abusing childcare and healthcare subsidies by literally targeting people with non-Dutch names. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.