The Girls Aloud Show | That's a wrap!

Popboi.

Just got back from the Manchester show, and I must say it was a 10/10 experience. Girls Aloud are the greatest British girl group ever, no contest about that. All four girls killed it, Nadine is so effortlessly flamboyant, Cheryl has that superstar aura, Nicola was the best vocalist and incredibly focused and graceful, and Kimba was so funny (sometimes unintentionally, she tried to return Nicola's water flask to one of the staff members but they took so long to get to her that she had her arm outstretched for a good few minutes looking goofy). 

The setlist was immaculate, almost every song worked and had a reason to be on the setlist (except Long Hot Summer, which should've been replaced by The Loving Kind but maybe I'm biased towards the latter). The choreo was simple but very effective, and the girls served charisma and energy throughout the show. A lot of people didn't like the costumes, but I think they looked incredible; they looked like angel Barbies in their opening number and the red & black dresses were so cunty and sexy. Speaking of sexy, the new version of Sexy! No No No... was just otherworldly, my soul went to heaven and came back through that performance; easily my favourite rendition I need it on streaming NOW. Jump's outro with them shouting out the dancer's name made me love it even more, The Promise was a fantastically high note to go out on, and Something Kinda Oooh and On The Metro were such energetic performances. The crowd was surprisingly very active (except during the album cuts + LHS and Sexy!), it made the event all the more enjoyable for me.

My favourite part of the night was just seeing the girls be back together, and this time genuinely as friends with no tension visible, unlike their previous two tours. The tributes to Sarah were incredibly moving (Cheryl asked the crowd to put their hands together for Sarah's oncologist, who was in the crowd), and while part of me was moved to tears by her absence, another part of me felt like she would be looking down at the girls with pride. Girls Aloud are one of the rare acts who make every song sound like pop perfection, and this tour was a reminder of that. Please grab tickets if you can, you won't regret it. Girls Aloud's promise won't fade.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Superbitch

• The Slayer

• Popboi.

• Joyride

^ lol Nadine is like a drag queen it's so funny 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, ithinkheknowsoutsold said:

(except Long Hot Summer, which should've been replaced by The Loving Kind but maybe I'm biased towards the latter)

It's sad "The Loving Kind" was not included but, that is Sarah's song (per Pet Shop Boys), as well. So I don't think it would have done well without her.

I'm so sad about the loving kind one of my faves by them too. But yeah it's a lot of Sarah in that one maybe it'd be too emotional 

Posted (edited)

Seeing videos of the Sarah tribute on TikTok of this tour and it is heartwarming. :heart: This is wishful thinking but I wish they were popular in the States so they can come here. 

Edited by Mellark

7 hours ago, livelikemusic said:

It's sad "The Loving Kind" was not included but, that is Sarah's song (per Pet Shop Boys), as well. So I don't think it would have done well without her.

7 hours ago, Superbitch said:

I'm so sad about the loving kind one of my faves by them too. But yeah it's a lot of Sarah in that one maybe it'd be too emotional 

I'll Stand By You intro was performed through a solo recording of Sarah, so I reckon they could've done something similar for The Loving King too. Nicola and Cheryl could've performed the verses Cheryl originally shared with Sarah, and they could've had Sarah's voice played for her solo parts. It would've been a beautiful tribute.

LAST NIGHT WAS INCREDIBLE!!

Front row last night!! They were insane and it was such a blast!

ME AND CHERYL SANG TO EACHOTHER AND I GOT IT RECORDED :jonny6:

I cannot wait to see them two more times next month!

Also, as an FYI if you're in the first few rows of seats they give you wrist bands so you can stand at the barrier!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, The Slayer said:

ME AND CHERYL SANG TO EACHOTHER AND I GOT IT RECORDED :jonny6:

Was this during No Good Advice? I was so jealous of the people at the front in the moment.

• Like 1

saw them on friday and i am still shook :jonny: no other girl band could do a show with this much energy and so many hits. truly the best girl band of all time!

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Mellark said:

Seeing videos of the Sarah tribute on TikTok of this tour and it is heartwarming. :heart: This is wishful thinking but I wish they were popular in the States so they can come here. 

I'm sure they could do some pride events, but it's probably not worth the hassle. 

20 hours ago, ithinkheknowsoutsold said:

Was this during No Good Advice? I was so jealous of the people at the front in the moment.

It was during Long Hot Summer, I was front row and she was literally singing it to me :jonny6:

I'm so happy I recorded it while it was happening! WHAT A MOMENT!

• Like 2

The setlist seems really solid, there's only a two or three songs I'd chop. I get the snoozey ballads' inclusion since they're dedicated to Sarah but a couple of those album tracks are giving toilet break :redface:

1 hour ago, glitch said:

The setlist seems really solid, there's only a two or three songs I'd chop. I get the snoozey ballads' inclusion since they're dedicated to Sarah but a couple of those album tracks are giving toilet break :redface:

There's only three and all three album tracks are needed. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, glitch said:

There are only 2 ballads (I'll Stand By You and Whole Lotta History), and the former is one of their biggest hits so it was always gonna be included and WLH is apparently one of the girls' favourite song according to Nicola so they were bound to include it.

I am uber-glad On The Metro was included, but I wish Memory Of You, Every Now and Then, Models, or Swinging London Town had been on the setlist instead of Grafitti My Soul. Would also swap Long Hot Summer for The Loving Kind in a heartbeat.

• Like 1

Anyone know how to sell tickets from Ticketek? :redface:

• 3 weeks later...

saw them in Leeds last night. they were phenomenal, i loved the show :heart: they brought so much energy to the arena and seemed genuine throughout 

Are o2 doing upgrades of tickets? There are many tickets for better seats left on the night of my show and I was wondering if maybe you can somehow try at the box office?

Is anyone going to tomorrow's show in London? I'm going with some of my mates, we honestly can't wait!

Don't like to live my life with regrets but not getting tickets for this tour will stay with me until I depart this Earth

I'm going to London night 2 tomorrow, so excited :jonny5:

On 5/28/2024 at 6:11 AM, Attitude said:

Anyone know how to sell tickets from Ticketek? :redface:

Not sure if you still need to sell, but my tickets got moved over to the O2 app a few days ago, and there's an option to sell from within there!

Going tonight and I cannot wait!

• Like 3

19 hours ago, leightxn said:

Don't like to live my life with regrets but not getting tickets for this tour will stay with me until I depart this Earth

Semi-same. Sucks not living in the UK!

My ticket for their O2 date on the 27th of june is up to sell on the O2 app. Couldn't make it but got thankfully a ticket for the last tour date of their tour in Liverpool. I cannot wait :duca: even though i already watched the whole tour. But bye at my bank account. Take all my money i guess :redface:

Edited by SamanthaJadeFr

That was so much fun! 

Wake Me Up, Sound Of The Underground, Girl Overboard and Call The Shots were my highlights, but honestly so many great moments. I'll Stand by You was a very sweet tribute to Sarah, as was Whole Lotta History. I can't really get on with Graffiti My Soul and Long Hot Summer (and you could tell most people didn't know the words) so I'm glad they were back to back and out of the way quickly.

I don't remember Nadine's accent being so strong when she was singing! The Derry was really coming through.

I kinda hated how every time the camera went on Cheryl she got a much bigger cheer than the other three :dies:

I also think that's the first show I've been to when the artist came out bang on time. Thank god cos I didn't wanna be getting home late on a Sunday evening nnn.

Just a really great vibe and you could tell they were all having fun too! :jonny5:

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.