The Girls Aloud Show | That's a wrap!

Popboi.

Love the setlist, Godtouchable as an opening number,  can't wait to see them :jonny5: 

• Like 1

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Superbitch

• The Slayer

• Popboi.

• Joyride

Tonight for me :gaycatney6::jonny5: the set list is a slay though I'd love The Loving Kind too.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, ithinkheknowsoutsold said:

I do agree with this point. Live bands are essential to shows and while I can understand smaller artists with limited budgets forgoing them, an arena-level act like Girls Aloud definitely need to do better. It's unlikely, but I'm hoping subsequent shows do have a band and that the Dublin show is just a one-off.

They had a live band for their last three shows so it's odd they wouldn't have one for this one considering the massive success but we'll see.

I reckon the stage will look better in person and I really hope they add The Loving Kind cause there's no excuse to have Jump instead 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, SinnerCity said:

Where's On The Metro and Memory Of You??? I need answers

On the Metro is in, so...

The only disappointment is honestly no live band, all stages look kinda awk at 3Arena (and the Hydro) ngl. Setlist would've been truly perfect if they could've squeezed Memory of You, Close to Love and Swinging London Town in.

No The Loving Kind? My heart is broken :gaycat6:

• Like 1

I just got in and the programme is amazing!!! €15 for it is a steal.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ithinkheknowsoutsold said:

No The Loving Kind? My heart is broken :gaycat6:

Nicola hates it sadly :gaycat7:probably behind the scenes drama with The Petshop Boys.

1 minute ago, Popboi. said:

Nicola hates it sadly :gaycat7:probably behind the scenes drama with The Petshop Boys.

I would have assumed it's kinda similar to Call The Shots & it's very Sarah heavy. 

24 minutes ago, Popboi. said:

I don't trust any of the girls' opinions on their songs except Nadine's. Didn't they want Ugly Because You Hate Me as the lead single for Ten instead of Something New?

• Like 1

They should at least put the loving kind in SOMEWHERE. Even in an extended interlude 

• Like 5

Yeah The Loving Kind is not really needed, in the bigger picture it is forgotten single and song that didn't do anything artistically for them. It was just another Call The Shots.

The opening act DJ had an excellent set. The entire arena chanting Whenever, Wherever into Britney's Stronger and Slave, followed by a couple of smashes including Hung Up X Houdini? My wig flew to Derry.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ithinkheknowsoutsold said:

I don't trust any of the girls' opinions on their songs except Nadine's. Didn't they want Ugly Because You Hate Me as the lead single for Ten instead of Something New?

Yes, cause they wanted it to feel like a last ever single. Nadine was having NONE of that, neither wanting the split or her to not be in the single at all.

11 minutes ago, Popboi. said:

Yes, cause they wanted it to feel like a last ever single. Nadine was having NONE of that, neither wanting the split or her to not be in the single at all.

It would've been a terrible choice. I feel like they were trying to recreate I'll Stand By You since BCYLM was a Children In Need single, but no one wanted that as a Girls Aloud comeback song. It seems like they didn't know what the fans wanted from them. Thank god Nadine intervened.

Jokes aside an AMAZING evening.

Such a genuinely magical show - the references to Sarah were so bittersweet.

In another life, they broke through the Oceania market during their promo run during the Chemistry era and have announced Sydney dates!! I do think they could do a show here and sell out easily, maybe not area but haha.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Superbitch said:

Why does it look So low budget?

Because it is? 

Maybe the stage is limited due to the arena? I'll wait until they're in a bigger space. 

I don't get the cheap remarks. I wasn't expecting a Beyonce level production ( they have the make money with the tour split between 4 girls ). I'm just so happy they're back performing. I would watch them just sing on a basic platform. 

• Like 1

the set list looks amazing, On The Metro is my fav song of theirs so I won!

I do wish they'd add The Loving Kind though

8 hours ago, Superbitch said:

Their stages are never really expensive

I don't think it's low budget - the stage is great and makes it so so many fans get super close to them. They also fly and the dancers are excellent. It's also just a UK + Ireland tour so I wouldn't expect a huge amount of props.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Superbitch said:

The stage is their biggest, in terms of construction; they usually have a mid-platform in the middle of the arena, but this time they had an expansive stage. And the screens are quite a substantial size. I wouldn't call this low budget at all. Their first two tours? Yes, those were low budget. But this one? No.

• Like 1

I love Cheryl but her extensions are way too long :rip: She looks like the girl from The Ring.

girls-aloud-show-opening-night-2024-92.j

• Haha 3

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.