Melissa Barrera dropped from Scream 7 after Palestine comments

DONTYELLATME

6 minutes ago, Tylerbv said:

I’m a HUGE Scream but I won’t go see 7. 

First of all, it’s gross to fire someone for.. *checks notes* condemning literal genocide.

Secondly, she’s the main character. The whole focus of the last movie was her inclusion on the Core Four.. they can’t explain her disappearance.

Thirdly, I wouldn’t be surprised if Jenna or Jasmin drop out. Jenna’s busy anyway and Jasmin is close to the girls.

Fourth, the only thing they could do is bring Neve back, but I don’t exactly think she’s fond of the studio at this point. It’s bad PR for Neve to replace someone who was fired for denouncing genocide.

Outrageously stupid decision.

It'll probably get cancelled or they'll make Gale and Kirby the leads. 

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Enrique523

• Shelter

• okgo

• barbiegrande

8 minutes ago, Geraldine said:

people 'boycotting' this will be watching first weekend who are yall kidding :priceless:

The last two movies weren’t good enough to be so loyal. I can wait until it’s at least on streaming

Boycottamdont generally work, but the Scream audience is very cultish and mostly liberal. This will not go over well. Even worse than with Neve probably. 

Edited by barbiegrande

2 minutes ago, Attitude said:

It'll probably get cancelled or they'll make Gale and Kirby the leads. 

Probably true. There’s no easy way out of it for the studio, so hello let’s celebrate that.

Scream 6 was a very cute franchise ending :clap3: we won't be seeing whatever nonsense they spew out now

• Like 8

This is insane. She didn't even pick a side i think?? She said that war and killing needs to stop. How can they do this?

• Like 1

Just now, Tylerbv said:

I’m not saying Neve is a bad person if she steps up. I’m just saying we all know the internet will tear her apart if she does.

I love Sidney Prescott but I hope she doesn’t come back now.

Also the **** I didn’t care about her Scream 6 situation. I was pissed when they refused to pay a legend.

I didn't mean you particularly, I just meant people in general seeing as how well the movie did

the Internet also hated Chris Pratt and Super Mario was a huge hit. I know it's hard to do these comparisons (especially when he's a man) and I'm not saying it'd be the right decision, just that I could see studios going ahead with it especially when they're pulling insane moves like this. the situation just feels bigger than one project and its potential cast seeing what's happening in Hollywood. there either needs to be a huge rebellion in the industry or it'd be dumb to blame certain actors for working and wanting/needing a salary (especially following the pandemic and a huge strike)

Neve won’t be going back. She hates them. The only way she would if another studio takes over and pays her properly. 

It would be on streaming within a few months so just boycott it. 

• Like 1

genuinely, apart from how ******* disgusting and unjust this is, how are you going to fire the ******* lead of your franchise just after establishing her to the extent they did. Sam IS Scream now, there’s nothing interesting going on in the franchise without her. what… are the boring Meeks siblings going to be the lead now? nobody gives a ****. 

• Like 2

They can't bring Gale back cause she died on the 6th movie

We never see her again after the attack

1 minute ago, Coldpurry said:

They can't bring Gale back cause she died on the 6th movie

We never see her again after the attack

"she had a pulse" lol almost everyone got to live in that movie besides the villains :skull:

I def don't see Courteney coming back though isn't she super close with Melissa? then again you never know in Hollywood...

1 minute ago, okgo said:

"she had a pulse" lol almost everyone got to live in that movie besides the villains :skull:

I def don't see Courteney coming back though isn't she super close with Melissa? then again you never know in Hollywood...

They can easily make this a off screen death

"Well, she didn't make it"

As much as I want the BIG names in Hollwyood to stand up and actually show a little humanity we all know it's never going to happen.

• Like 2

I’m proud of her, we need to voice our support now more than ever. You shouldn’t have to choose between your career or having values.

• Like 3

Scream is my favourite movie franchise and honestly I don’t even know if I wanna watch the 7th now. I can’t believe she was *allegedly* fired over this.

:eddie: ha

• Like 1
  • Confused 4
  • Thumbs Down 25