Melissa Barrera dropped from Scream 7 after Palestine comments

DONTYELLATME

1 hour ago, FOCK said:

It’s critical to make the distinction between Jewish people & Judaism & Zionism & Zionist interest, so please clarify. 

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Enrique523

• Shelter

• okgo

• barbiegrande

5 minutes ago, JBJT2786 said:

Its Over GIF

Flopped confirmed. Good luck with part 7 Sydney.

Finally the hypocrisy of white Hollywood is showing. They had no issues for decades to showcase Arab people as Terrorists, bad and uncivilised people. Now that everyone who defend an Arab or Palestinians get publicly fired, and people are seeing that. I hope this movie will be cancelled forever and whoever decided to fire her to have their career ended 

• Like 8

The way they wanted to silence Melissa instead the two final girls are leaving. The way it backfired. :clap3:

• Like 12

this is unacceptable and I really hope that the rest of the cast drops out of the project in solidarity with Melissa. I think if Courteney Cox spoke out against Spyglass it might help, since she’s the most influential one of the cast and -let’s be honest- doesn’t keep making Scream movies because she has bills to pay. If they all unite against this censorship not only there might be a chance at fixing things before Scream 7 inevitably suffers from it or considering moving the franchise to a different production company, but also to bring awareness to how f-ed up the Hollywood industry is towards the Palestine situation. I also doubt Neve would agree to jump in in place of Melissa considering how mistreated she was already. She might need the money but she has proved having integrity and for sure doesn’t want to be the last resort for Spyglass to save their asses.

Edited by Innocencelost
typo
  • Like 6

They really decided to torpedo this entire franchise over someone supporting Palestine.

• Like 2

Just now, Innocencelost said:

this is unacceptable and I really hope that the rest of the cast drops out of the project in solidarity with Melissa. I think if Courteney Cox spoke out against Spyglass it might help, since she’s the most influential one of the cast and -let’s be honest- doesn’t keep making Scream movies because she has bills to pay. If they all unite against this censorship not only there might be a chance at fixing things before Scream 7 inevitably suffers from it or considering moving the franchise to a different production company at last. Also I doubt Neve would agree to jump in in place of Melissa considering how mistreated she was already. She might need the money but she has proved having integrity and for sure doesn’t want to be the last resort for Spyglass to save their asses.

Courteney signed that letter supporting Biden, she's not going to support Melissa most likely.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Innocencelost said:

this is unacceptable and I really hope that the rest of the cast drops out of the project in solidarity with Melissa. I think if Courteney Cox spoke out against Spyglass it might help, since she’s the most influential one of the cast and -let’s be honest- doesn’t keep making Scream movies because she has bills to pay. If they all unite against this censorship not only there might be a chance at fixing things before Scream 7 inevitably suffers from it or considering moving the franchise to a different production company, but also to bring awareness to how f-ed up the Hollywood industry is towards the Palestine situation. I also doubt Neve would agree to jump in in place of Melissa considering how mistreated she was already. She might need the money but she has proved having integrity and for sure doesn’t want to be the last resort for Spyglass to save their asses.

Scream 7 is gonna have a lot of bad publicity no matter what, even if Neve comes back. She could even be perceived as not caring about what happened with EMlissa in exchange of a good paycheck. And i don't think she's that kind of person, she always struck me as being very nice and caring. 

This whole situation is just VILE, Melissa should've never been fired to begin with. And i hope we'll get confirmation soon that Jenna is leaving as well, it would make even more noise.

• Like 2

So unfair that you can lose your job for speaking out against a genocide. 

Hope she finds a better and bigger role.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GraceRandolph said:

They really decided to torpedo this entire franchise over someone supporting Palestine.

Exactly. very sad and disappointing but illuminating also. I think this will mark a huge turning point in the perception of Hollywood and these companies, executives ect. I hope it backfires immensely and they eat it. 

• Like 1

Freedom of speech doesn't exist. Lots of people abuse this right. And if you piss off the powers that be, you're screwed. 

Melissa used it responsibly to shed light on genocide. Still confused and not seeing the negative things she posted. 

I've never been as invested in a movie franchise and I don't think it's in the right hands anymore. Wes Craven started something brilliant and the worst thing he had to worry about back then was if Kevin Williamson was writing the project or not. 

Aren't the Palestinian people also Semite? Their safety and well being is important, just like the lives of Jewish people all over the world. This topic is really exposing even more divisions we have in the USA and globally. 

Edited by kishi
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, JBJT2786 said:

Its Over GIF

Good for jenna if true :clap3: the dude from The flash was basically getting drunk with underage girls and breaking and entering people's houses and he didnt even get fired :priceless:

Edited by Geraldine
  • Like 5

I hope Jenna really quits. The whole cast should stand with Melissa :clap3:

• Like 3

1 minute ago, FOCK said:

“Stop yelling” 

No. 

**** this f@qq0t! if this is how he thinks about his LEAD ACTRESS being unjustly fired, he is not fit for the job as I suspected.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

The Scream franchise was nice while it lasted. Love that most people are on Melissa's side.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, FOCK said:

“Stop yelling” 

No. 

This was posted yesterday after it came out that Melissa was fired. I am pretty sure the "stop yelling" part was directed at fans attacking him for firing her, not to fans for speaking out against this situation, since he had no business in that decision but higher ups (Spyglass)

OMG i loved her character and she was pretty awesome 

Are they going to replace the actress or we are getting a brand new script with a complete different cast ? 

11 hours ago, prettyinpink940 said:

i don't get this. why does paramount care about her political position? its not like the scream audience cares about any of this. 

Clearly somone at the top doesn’t like it personally and thinks they can teach her to shut up, but it seems that Jenna has mooved to terminate her contract 

wow, I am shocked, I did not enjoy s5 and s6 however I liked the sisters as main characters. Def won't be watching s7 legally

She was so brave for that and I hope her career does not suffer because of this

1 hour ago, ChapelHooker said:

**** this f@qq0t! if this is how he thinks about his LEAD ACTRESS being unjustly fired, he is not fit for the job as I suspected.

Yall need to also not try and drag him when he doesn't get the final word. Hes also a human trying to make a living following his dreams as well. NDA's are signed for a reason and this could ruin his career if he says anything as well.

The studio (spyglass) is at fault here

9 minutes ago, X~MoviePoP said:

Hes also a human trying to make a living following his dreams as well.

idgaf <3

I sadly feel like this is going to make Hollywood all together cast less and less brown people and see them as liabilities... especially when you have all these powerful zionists working on the casting and talent side of things 

Hope I'm wrong though