Melissa Barrera dropped from Scream 7 after Palestine comments

DONTYELLATME

Where are all those conservatives and their fake tears now when it comes to cancel culture and fReE  SpEeCh :isudumblmao:

OT: This is deranged. Just showing we aren't actually as free as we like to claim, and there are limits to free speech for some groups! It's sick.

• Like 2

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Enrique523

• Shelter

• okgo

• barbiegrande

1 hour ago, DiamondHoe said:

Whelp. 

i love scream, I love the franchise, and I love every film, but no way am I watching scream 7 now. I guess Paramount doesn't understand their audience very well 

This is the craziest thing about the whole thing: they should've KNOWN that their core audience would react extremely negatively to this. On top of being fascists those people are insanely out of touch with the people they're supposed to appeal to, it's so messed up :sick:

18 minutes ago, Enrique523 said:

And you think that's a good thing? :biblio:

????????????????????????????????????????????????????

No???????????????????????????????????????

46 minutes ago, Lil' Oz said:

confirmed

GOODT!

:clap3:

12 hours ago, More Than A Melody said:

Considering multiple human rights organizations, the UN, and WHO have defined Israel as an apartheid state and what they're doing as ethnic cleansing and genocide, how in the actual f*ck are we supposed to define it?

Zionism and Judaism have no correlation.

Semantics

2 minutes ago, UnderratedVocalist said:

Semantics

Normal Finkelstein and thousands of other anti zionist Jews would beg to disagree

Just now, More Than A Melody said:

Normal Finkelstein and thousands of other anti zionist Jews would beg to disagree

I don't argue that, I was very pleasantly surprised by how many Anti-Zionist Jews came out to condemn what they are doing. My comment was obviously directed at the Zionist Jews that run Hollywood and the media. You know damn well the Western media is only portraying Palestine and Hamas as the terrorist villains. If you understand who runs the media, you understand why.

1 minute ago, UnderratedVocalist said:

I don't argue that, I was very pleasantly surprised by how many Anti-Zionist Jews came out to condemn what they are doing. My comment was obviously directed at the Zionist Jews that run Hollywood and the media. You know damn well the Western media is only portraying Palestine and Hamas as the terrorist villains. If you understand who runs the media, you understand why.

Most zionists running the media are not Jews. This is bordering on breaking ZTP, so maybe choose your words more carefully

1 minute ago, More Than A Melody said:

Most zionists running the media are not Jews. This is bordering on breaking ZTP, so maybe choose your words more carefully

We can agree to disagree about that

21 hours ago, Bentley said:

Clarification: I meant no harm I just don’t think she is a worthy lead actress. She shouldn’t have been fired for this though, she should have been fired for her performance 

not yall mass disliking this lol. It's jsut his opinion. He is not standing with Israel's genocide :toofunny3:

maybe it's the wrong timing though? lol 

Edited by IBeMe

Scream 7 is over unless another studio buys rights away from Spyglass and casts all original cast members back

Scream STAYS the messiest horror franchise ever :deadbanana2:

Fans were so happy that we got away from The Weinstein only to go to another trash studio. We need peace

Cameltoe Chariot
4 hours ago, Geraldine said:

some of yall are so tone deaf :redface:

:celestial5:

12 hours ago, Geraldine said:

all your posts are so cringy :deadbanana4:

3 hours ago, Lil' Oz said:

confirmed

QUEEN

4 hours ago, More Than A Melody said:

????????????????????????????????????????????????????

No???????????????????????????????????????

Sorry, i misunderstood some of your posts. I just read a few pages back and i made a mistake, sorry.

• Like 1

I don’t like that she got fired… but why did she post “Western Media is only showing the Israeli side, I’ll let you deduce why.”?

What were we supposed to deduce?

• Thumbs Down 3

4 hours ago, St. Charles said:

I don’t like that she got fired… but why did she post “Western Media is only showing the Israeli side, I’ll let you deduce why.”?

That there is an undeniable bias in western media in favour of Israel over Palestine most likely due to the narrative that the US and Israel paint that any 'radical' or violent Middle Easterner is simply a terrorist, as is anyone associated with them, so they can justify the decades of war crimes and brutal murder of millions of civilians they've decimated the region with. 

Some critical thinking (which is what her original post was asking of us) would indicate that this is largely due to systemic racism and Islamaphobia embedded in western society, largely due to the 9/11 attacks, as well as the fact that the Middle East offers a lot of economic opportunities for the west including oil, transport and other goods that America and its allies currently don't make any money on. 

Edited by CroNich
  • Like 4

SCREAM Franchise is ova

Edited by Cryptique

BrandNewBrandon

This is such a tragedy for the franchise. I love Scream and have become very fond of the Carpenter sisters, so this is heartbreaking. I won't be supporting this financially if it doesn't star Melissa and Jenna. 

Edited by BrandNewBrandon

5 hours ago, St. Charles said:

The fact that US funds them and that a lot of people in power hold Zionist ideology views? That politicians are bought by foreign pro-Zionist lobbies and those that speak up have their campaign distorted by false accusations and funding campaigns of their opponents to replace them? Maybe that.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CroNich said:

That there is an undeniable bias in western media in favour of Israel over Palestine most likely due to the narrative that the US and Israel paint that any 'radical' or violent Middle Easterner is simply a terrorist, as is anyone associated with them, so they can justify the decades of war crimes and brutal murder of millions of civilians they've decimated the region with. 

Some critical thinking (which is what her original post was asking of us) would indicate that this is largely due to systemic racism and Islamaphobia embedded in western society, largely due to the 9/11 attacks, as well as the fact that the Middle East offers a lot of economic opportunities for the west including oil, transport and other goods that America and its allies currently don't make any money on. 

I agree with everything said here, and even though I don’t think it was her intent, I could see how some might interpret that as a dog whistle for “Jews are running everything! They don’t want you to find out!”

I don’t think it ultimately mattered (as I think they would have dropped her even if she had worded it more specifically), but it makes me wonder why she didn’t just say it like how you’ve just laid it out.