Brazilian police seizes Taylor's cars (Update: She got them back)

Carry My Heart

8 minutes ago, Mystic Boy said:

You think others didnt meet the same issues throughout their careers? Madonna had one of her team technician dying in France cause of some neglect! Does that mean she had to stop touring France? 

Did the French media and fans start harassing her when she cancelled the Marseille show or did they respect the tragedy that happened and understand the show’s cancellation?  Like tragedies happen but then to give an artist heII for doing the right thing does not make a strong argument for why an artist should want to be there.  

And even in Madonna’s case, I don’t think it would be fair to expect or feel entitled that Madonna perform in Marseille given her experience and tragedy experienced there.  If she still wants to, that is ok, but the entitlement is what feels off. 

• Like 4

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mystic Boy

• cat1867

• RideOrDie

• byzantium

It’s just a fine for the cars and she won’t be the one fined since she’s using a service to manage them. It’s not a big deal. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Luckitty said:

Her team should've known better.. I'm pretty sure covering up license plates is illegal everywhere in the world 

She is that extra. No other artist, band,... would cover up license plates.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 4

21 minutes ago, byzantium said:

Did the French media and fans start harassing her when she cancelled the Marseille show or did they respect the tragedy that happened and understand the show’s cancellation?  Like tragedies happen but then to give an artist heII for doing the right thing does not make a strong argument for why an artist should want to be there.  

And even in Madonna’s case, I don’t think it would be fair to expect or feel entitled that Madonna perform in Marseille given her experience and tragedy experienced there.  If she still wants to, that is ok, but the entitlement is what feels off. 

Of all the 70k fans on that stadium,a handful acted annoyed right after the cancelation which is pretty natural since it could ve been announced way earlier.

A reason to redeem herself (even if she's not the one to blame) and return to offer a better experience to her audience in some years.

Being unequivocal about her not returning back is so disrespectful towards the thousands and thousands of fans and a whole country..

Oh and to stay with Madonna, for her Olympia concert in 2012, she was literally get thrown water bottles at her face cause she was freaking late.... even if it was her fault,now THAT would be reason to not ever step a foot in a country...

Edited by Mystic Boy

Brazil will never see her again and I don't blame her :skull: For all the begging for her to be there it has been a disaster and she has not been welcomed the way she should be by the venue or the government

She's been acting above the law ever since she met Travis, he's ruining her. 

Edited by DeadInside
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 4

All of you acting like any region/location is entitled by divine right to see their favorite celebrities :deadbanana2:

Brazil has made an ass of itself in the way they’ve treated her and she is absolutely justified should she decide to never return, especially after the events of the past 48 hours.

Considering how superstitious she is (#13, karma, etc) I think that's the reason she'll never return to Brazil more so than the country being the reason itself. 

2 minutes ago, Shendelzare said:

Lol the liddos and katykats teaming up in here

You're ridiculous.....Im not even blaming your fave, im blaming the disgusting behavior in here, cause AGAIN if it was a western country, the idea of not coming back wouldn't even cross your minds.

You're either too blinds or ignorants to not see the nuanced picture...

10 minutes ago, katykater said:

She is that extra. No other artist, band,... would cover up license plates.

Oh so you are using a death for stan wars on the other thread,  braindead af 

• Thumbs Down 1

If she doesn’t comeback , it will be because she doesn’t trust the local organizers to do a good job after this weekend.

I don’t think she will work with t4f after this . 

But I think she will come back whenever she does a mega tour again which might not be for a while .

Brazil makes Argentina and other Sa tour dates  economics work . And it allows her to have dates when she really couldn’t in America and Asia.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Luckitty said:

Her team should've known better.. I'm pretty sure covering up license plates is illegal everywhere in the world 

I think they just did it last night because they were scared of what some crazy pissed off fans might do. And the cost of the fine is probably negligible compared to Taylor's safety 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, favorite crime said:

I think they just did it last night because they were scared of what some crazy pissed off fans might do. And the cost of the fine is probably negligible compared to Taylor's safety 

The license plates were uncovered last night, they were only covered on Thursday.

Police returned the cars and gave more clear instructions about when they could cover the plates.

It's really not a big deal.

A Brazilian fan died after being assaulted outside the stadium of her show. Brazil is a mess.

• Thumbs Down 1

Just now, Sebastián Muñoz said:

A Brazilian fan died after being assaulted outside the stadium of her show. Brazil is a mess.

He died in early morning . It doesn't have much to do with Taylor's show but rather public safety in Rio.

Is it common for artists to have these issues in Brazil or is this strictly a Taylor thing? :thing:

Just now, nadiamendell said:

Is it common for artists to have these issues in Brazil or is this strictly a Taylor thing? :thing:

Coldplay did like 10 dates this year and i dont recall them having big issues that could make them decide to never return back again....

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

2 minutes ago, Sebastián Muñoz said:

I don't think that's true. The stadium is not close to Copacabana Beach and the show is not happening at 3 am. 

4 minutes ago, Mystic Boy said:

Coldplay did like 10 dates this year and i dont recall them having big issues that could make them decide to never return back again....

It's mostly due to Brazil having a unusual heat wave due to El Nino that caught the organizer off guard.

But people fainting in GA is pretty common in Brazil and other countries where people camp out a lot for spots.

wasn’t the brazilian president or something begging for her to come there? What happened?

That's on her team for not abiding the law to be fair. I feel bad for her. More stress after a fan of her died. That's traumatic!

1 hour ago, cat1867 said:

It's mostly due to Brazil having a unusual heat wave due to El Nino that caught the organizer off guard.

But people fainting in GA is pretty common in Brazil and other countries where people camp out a lot for spots.

Totally! The conditions are unfortunate! But stigmatize a whole ass country for this is disguised racism. "Ghetto"  "Crazy country", "Insane people" are untolerable words appearing on this thread.

Racism allegations against this fandom arent close to have an end with this behavior...

@Starchild sweetie,wassup? you're okay with these slangs being used on this topic?....Hum

Edited by Mystic Boy
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 6
  • Thumbs Down 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.