+1000 Taylor Swift fans fainted at today's concert in Rio de Janeiro. One girl died.

aotearoa

Y’all, at this very moment, the heat is unbearable. Idk how they’re able to stay queuing when it feels like someone is pushing your face into a hot pan. 

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Badgalbriel

• Raphy23

• Ash12345

• cat1867

31 minutes ago, Selegend said:

Minister of public safety from brazils federal government. Water bottles being allowed is now mandatory. Not a company decision. 

Plus if its exposed to the heat it needs to have free water “points” everywhere.

too bad it needed to happen something like this for them to take action. But is it mandatory in other countries? I think probably not tbh… the heat was insane, such a tragedy. So sad. 

Thank god. If they’re not rescheduling todays show then it’s good they can bring in water now. It’s 41C there currently :deadbanana2:

That should start being the norm now because who the hell worries about people bringing in other liquids / banning water so they can charge 10x for it inside 

11 minutes ago, Badgalbriel said:

No. It's the same reason airplanes don't allow you to bring water bottles filled with water. It's the easiest way to bring explosive liquids an then mix them up during the show 

This is what they did on the Ariana show in Manchester 

So, because of this, would you say it's a bad thing they're now allowing water bottles?

If the heat is unbearable right now in São Paulo (which is known by the rainy unpredictable weather), imagine in Rio which is 5x worse...

They could have doused the audience with a hose... and, of course, give water bottles for everyone.

Edited by Lord Of Countdown

3 hours ago, brazil said:

Although i agreee that a level of personal responsability play part, i do think that the concert organizers bare responsibility. They should not allow people to be queuing in such weather and they should take actions to make the place more suitable. Water was expensive apparently. They should also put some fans and other measures to make the place more pleasant. Honestly, today's show should be postponed. 

The venue is responsible but at the end of the day you will always be the biggest advocate for your own heath and well being. What happened to this girl is heartbreaking but personally I would not allow myself to go to those extremes to see a celebrity. I know my body better than anyone and I know when I need water/shelter etc.  

• Like 1

venues banning water and making you pay for it or drink from the disgusting fountains is actually something i cant believe more people arent outraged about

like concert tix are so expensive these days, jsut count $1 of that amount for a voucher and have everyone entitled to 1 bottle?

Edited by Asscatchem
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Saintlor said:

So, because of this, would you say it's a bad thing they're now allowing water bottles?

Of course not. I was just explaining the reasoning for this stupid law. 

• Like 1

Very sad news, I have no words! RIP. 

56 minutes ago, Saintlor said:

It's probably too late for terrorists to start their plans with less than a day. But I guess the ideal solution would be if the venue provides free water in abundance on hot days.

Yeah, it was the best decision. I saw some tweets about how the fans were getting a better treatment today but it's still too hot. This is the best decision for the fans and for her own crew.

I can't believe a girl died. Imagine being her parents, seeing your kid go make her dream come true only to pass away a few hours later. Heartbreaking :cries:

This rescheduling ******* sucks but it's for the best.

This is so sad the fact that most fainted and poor girl who died.

It's why I always bring frozen water to all my gigs. I hate how some places take it away from you especially big places with thousands of people.

This is so devastating   :weeps:

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Exzime. said:

Isn't it because you have to buy water from in-stadiums? Because they have deals with certain brand company hence you cannot bring one your own from outside.

I always thought it was because they did not want people sneaking in alcohol.  

It's awful, and it's not even summer in there yet so this is just the beggining. I thought I was being a little alarmist when I implied the mayor compared her to Michael Jackson to save face for the heat wave they're facing.

And before some come to me again. Heat waves and global warming are stuff that needs to be taken seriously and addressed from all governments because the importance it holds and how human activities have great influence in those climate changes. The direction humanity is taking now it's not the right one if we want less stuff like this to happen

Rn it reminds me of this story 

9 hours ago, Alldeezy said:

This is so sad the fact that most fainted and poor girl who died.

It's why I always bring frozen water to all my gigs. I hate how some places take it away from you especially big places with thousands of people.

This is so devastating   :weeps:

18 hours ago, makeme said:

The venue is responsible but at the end of the day you will always be the biggest advocate for your own heath and well being. What happened to this girl is heartbreaking but personally I would not allow myself to go to those extremes to see a celebrity. I know my body better than anyone and I know when I need water/shelter etc.  

7 hours ago, BrokenMachine said:

It's awful, and it's not even summer in there yet so this is just the beggining. I thought I was being a little alarmist when I implied the mayor compared her to Michael Jackson to save face for the heat wave they're facing.

And before some come to me again. Heat waves and global warming are stuff that needs to be taken seriously and addressed from all governments because the importance it holds and how human activities have great influence in those climate changes. The direction humanity is taking now it's not the right one if we want less stuff like this to happen

RIP to this fan, they deserved better 

Can anyone confirm what the timeline of this was, did Taylor know when she was on stage that someone had died and then continued the show? or did she find out after because I don't get what she meant by she didn't want to talk about it on stage or whatever I see conflicting things. I'm hoping she didn't find out until after because if they continued they were literally risking more lives which sounds inhumane, I know of other shows being cancelled due to conditions like this, no amount of throwing water bottles on stage and crossing your fingers would justify continuing during conditions like this, 60 degrees is wild.. I'm glad the 2nd show was cancelled.

14 minutes ago, eclipsed said:

Can anyone confirm what the timeline of this was, did Taylor know when she was on stage that someone had died and then continued the show? or did she find out after because I don't get what she meant by she didn't want to talk about it on stage or whatever I see conflicting things. I'm hoping she didn't find out until after because if they continued they were literally risking more lives which sounds inhumane, I know of other shows being cancelled due to conditions like this, no amount of throwing water bottles on stage and crossing your fingers would justify continuing during conditions like this, 60 degrees is wild.. I'm glad the 2nd show was cancelled.

She meant she didn’t want to talk about it on stage for the 2nd and 3rd shows, hence why she made a statement online.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, eclipsed said:

Her friend who was along with her said that the girl passed out during the opening and was taken to the hospital. But sadly she passed away later that night. High chance that Taylor knew about the overheating problem during the whole show, since she had been multitasking trying to get people water while singing herself.

Can you change the title to list the 1 dead before the 1000+ fainting?

• Thumbs Down 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.