+1000 Taylor Swift fans fainted at today's concert in Rio de Janeiro. One girl died.

aotearoa

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Badgalbriel

• Raphy23

• Ash12345

• cat1867

2 minutes ago, Steve Johnson said:

Apparently they blocked the ventilation so that people from outside couldn't watch the show. Wtf? 

How would they block ventilation from an open stadium.... 

1 minute ago, Steve Johnson said:

Apparently they blocked the ventilation so that people from outside couldn't watch the show. Wtf? 

I don't think that's the cause.

It's an  open air stadium with no ac in a heat wave with GA . GA will naturally get super hot due to  how crowded it is.   

In GA, people have to request water from staff since leaving to get water would cause them to lose their spot by the stage. 

The girl arrived at the venue early in the morning and stayed the whole day under the sun. She unfortunately passed before Sabrina even hit the stage. 

This is so unfortunate. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Taeyong said:

Taylor just posted about it :sad:

F_Md3vebYAAlMUo?format=jpg&name=large

This is so bizarre and just downright sad. People being hydrated + enjoying themselves safely shouldn’t be an issue period. That poor girl 

• Like 2

That's absolutely horrible, RIP to the person who passed and their loved ones, and I hope the best for everyone impacted or affected.

I'm sure Taylor must feel just terrible about that. Even if I'm not a fan, I can emphasize in this moment and try to understand how devastated all parties must feel for what should be a jubilant and celebratory time.

1 minute ago, Badgalbriel said:

The girl arrived at the venue early in the morning and stayed the whole day under the sun. She unfortunately passed before Sabrina even hit the stage. 

This is so unfortunate. 

Yeah she arrived at 11 am. 

I just know I'll never see her. First covid and now this heat wave 

I just know the Rio shows will get canceled because of the heat wave, but there is also a cold wave coming next week, which will drop the temperature to 17-22 C in Sao Paulo. I hope my 3 shows there don't get canceled. 

5 minutes ago, Badgalbriel said:

How would they block ventilation from an open stadium.... 

4 minutes ago, cat1867 said:

I don't think that's the cause.

It's an  open air stadium with no ac in a heat wave with GA . GA will naturally get super hot due to  how crowded it is.   

In GA, people have to request water from staff since leaving to get water would cause them to lose their spot by the stage. 

4 minutes ago, cat1867 said:

City government will likely cancel. The stadium will need to prove that they can hold events safely.

Tomorrow is supposed to be ten degrees hotter.

I highly doubt it, if a cancellation comes it would be from Taylor. 

Again this is obviously tragic, but what caused her death and other feeling ill was cause they were in line all day in the sun and heat outside of the venue when the temperature was at peak. By the time the actual concert started (around 8pm) it was much cooler. 

I hope this teaches Brazilians a valuable lesson regarding this whole "camping" culture we have here. 

I had friends who arrived at the venue at 6 in the morning and stayed there the whole day. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Badgalbriel said:

I hope this teaches Brazilians a valuable lesson regarding this whole "camping" culture we have here. 

I had friends who arrived at the venue at 6 in the morning and stayed there the whole day. 

That’s just insane. We had a heat wave for my rep tour show and I got there at 5 pm and I was still lightheaded from being in the middle of th floor with the sun still out. I can’t imagine camping there the whole day

Temperatures in rio will spike even more tomorrow. I think the wise thing to do would be to cancel or postpone the show 

If possible, they should reschedule the shows to the weekend after São Paulo. 

In case you guys are wondering, we are going through an extreme heat wave in Brazil caused by El Niño. Rio is usually pretty hot but it’s never been THIS hot before — for reference, it’s 3am here and I simply cannot sleep because it feels like I’m being airfried. May Ana rest in peace and if anyone here is attending her next concerts here in Brazil remember that it’s not worth it to risk your lives for a barricade. 

• Like 3

The poor fan’s death is extremely regrettable and preventable

would she have passed out if she was not dehydrated? The stadium absolutely need to reverse their idiotic policies that put profit over safety. 

the city must hold the stadium accountable too 

• Like 1

How awful :dancehall3:

Heatwaves should def be taken into consideration for everyone who’s doing performances as a decision to cancel or delay

It’s also pretty dangerous for Taylor and her crew to be working like this in these circumstances :dancehall3:

I feel bad for everyone involved 

23 minutes ago, Badgalbriel said:

This is so unfortunate. 

Damn 

governments/concert organizers should really make rules against this type of camping for concerts :dancehall3:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Badgalbriel said:

If possible, they should reschedule the shows to the weekend after São Paulo. 

I get why people are saying to cancel/reschedule, but we should remember there are so many fans (probably majority) who coming from all over the country, who already spent a fortune for travel/hotel, took vocation from work etc to be there. For many it will be impossible to attend on a different date, so they'll lose their ticket. 

2 minutes ago, Gui Blackout said:

I get why people are saying to cancel/reschedule, but we should remember there are so many fans (probably majority) who coming from all over the country, who already spent a fortune for travel/hotel, took vocation from work etc to be there. For many it will be impossible to attend on a different date, so they'll lose their ticket. 

I think it's better for some fans to lose their tickets than to some of them to lose their lives 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

Also, tomorrow will be just as hot as today. Sunday and Monday will be rainy. They should at least postpone tomorrow's show to Monday. 

what in the astroworld..... RIP to the victim... that's a horrible way to die :'( 

Edited by truthteller
  • Confused 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.