Irish activists reject Genocide Joe, destroy mural in Biden's ancestral hometown

Communion

On 11/18/2023 at 6:45 AM, flower moon said:

extremely embarrassing for the town to have a whole as shrine like set up for any american never mind that one

What an ignorant statement to make. You clearly don’t understand the history of emigration in Ireland and how the country remains strongly and culturally linked to those who were forced to choose between imminent death or emigration. People left their homes, families - often leaving parents and other relatives knowing they were leaving them in certain death. To represent and hold connected to those in your community that rose to success and prominence through survival in the harshest of oppressions and occupations - constructed and planned famines to ethically cleanse the Irish - to celebrate those that survived and carried on through that - it’s culture, it’s pride, it’s nationalism - it’s rooted in culture and history that you clearly do not understand. 

I am absolutely delighted however the town have turned their back on GENOCIDE JOE. How can you support occupation and ethnic cleansing when your own ancestors fled their own native lands because of that very same certain fate. Genocide Joe is literally the worst person. 

42 minutes ago, Eat The Acid said:

What an ignorant statement to make. You clearly don’t understand the history of emigration in Ireland and how the country remains strongly and culturally linked to those who were forced to choose between imminent death or emigration. People left their homes, families - often leaving parents and other relatives knowing they were leaving them in certain death. To represent and hold connected to those in your community that rose to success and prominence through survival in the harshest of oppressions and occupations - constructed and planned famines to ethically cleanse the Irish - to celebrate those that survived and carried on through that - it’s culture, it’s pride, it’s nationalism - it’s rooted in culture and history that you clearly do not understand. 

I am absolutely delighted however the town have turned their back on GENOCIDE JOE. How can you support occupation and ethnic cleansing when your own ancestors fled their own native lands because of that very same certain fate. Genocide Joe is literally the worst person. 

its a shrine to a disgusting warmongering nation. go cry

• Thumbs Down 1

6 hours ago, flower moon said:

its a shrine to a disgusting warmongering nation. go cry

Lolll you’re embarrassed now that you’re exposed as uneducated and ignorant. 

Ireland was the first western country to condemn Israel and recognise Palestine after October 7th. I wouldn’t expect you to know that though. 

1 minute ago, Eat The Acid said:

Lolll you’re embarrassed now that you’re exposed as uneducated and ignorant. 

Ireland was the first western country to condemn Israel and recognise Palestine after October 7th. I wouldn’t expect you to know that though. 

embarrassing for the simpy town!  :celestial:

5 hours ago, Eat The Acid said:

As an Irish person, Ireland still has not officially recognised Palestine and most likely won't under this government. 

4 hours ago, Kitty Kat said:

As an Irish person, Ireland still has not officially recognised Palestine and most likely won't under this government. 

The Taoiseach has not but many members of the Dail have done so specifically TDs from Sinn Fein, Social Democrats and People Before Profit. 

On 11/22/2023 at 7:20 PM, Eat The Acid said:

The Taoiseach has not but many members of the Dail have done so specifically TDs from Sinn Fein, Social Democrats and People Before Profit. 

Yeah I know but it's disingenous to say that Ireland recognises the country because of the opposition. Whenever the opposition comes into power, I believe it'll happen, but until then, it's not that different to other western European countries having the opposition talk the talk without having an opportunity to walk the walk.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.