TikTok in hot water after Osama Bin Laden goes viral

VOSS

Tiki Toki is an abomination that melts the few braincells its user base has in the frist place. Not suprised. 

• Like 3

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Delirious

• Communion

• If U Seek Amy

• ZIVERT

19 minutes ago, State of Grace. said:

Mind you it's the same user who was complaining in the mega thread about not being able to have “meaningful conversations” while throwing around quirky racist dog whistles like "The QuranAnon squad". :laugh: 

No one is buying the facade so I wish they'd just drop it already.

There's something insidious about someone logging into a site, actively seeking out discussions on Israel's occupation of Palestine, and being like "No, dead Palestinians upset me! I promise! I want peace for everyone! Sensible liberals like me just can't stand next to the radicals! *shares random tweet with alleged information*".

...and then you click on that tweet - the kind of information that must be part of the sources they consume - and it's some like random Zionist tech bro calling for Rashida Tlaib to be kicked out of Congress, smearing of Palestinians as animals by the ADL or StopAntisemitism, and random neocons arguing that Palestinians are going to have to die because it's not aligned with Western foreign policy. Let alone the way transphobia, homophobia, racism, etc. all find their way into big "pro-Israel, anti-Palestine" accounts. 

It's one step below the freaks who actively share "news" from that far-right neo-nazi Polish site Visegrad24. :redface: I'm supposed to be outraged by zoomers not knowing how to contextualize OBL was an extremist yet ignore people sharing anti-Palestinian propaganda from far-right European sources who spent all of the 2010s arguing that it's moral to drown Muslim refugees in the ocean? :redface:  

People posting "noo!! I hate murder!!" but then hoping to push disinformation to radicalize people against Palestinians? Just own being a right-wing Zionist!

Edited by Communion
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

CNN did a story on it and I was not …suprised really 

TikTok is a mess

• Like 1

The longwinded, off-topic dissertations that always lead to personal attacks, misappropriation and manipulation of emotionally charged language, and the admission of carefully studying years worth of my post history, all in the name of trying to get some upvotes from his rag-tag squad of Hamas apologists (QuranAnon) will never NOT take me out:ahh: 

OT: It's terrifying to watch far right grifters use the seeds useful idiots planted on TikTok by whitewashing Osama Bin Laden. Scapegoating Jews (and Israel) for all the evil in the world is one of the most classic antisemitic tropes. It seems ridiculous, but this tweet has 17K retweets and 59K likes :biblio:

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Down 1

44 minutes ago, ZIVERT said:

longwinded, off-topic dissertations

Notice how it went -

From: "Hmmm odd how I don't see [leftists I hate] engaging with this?? And making others threads?? They want to SILENCE and BURY this!!!"

To: "Do these [leftists I hate] actually expect us to engage in their rants in here that exceed 100 characters? They can argue amongst themselves!!"

The #SaveEuropaSquad of ATRL have no qualms about *checks notes* sharing far-right nazi accounts like "Based Poland" (???) saying Western civilization is being destroyed due to rafts of non-white migrants, but god forbid a few teenagers make stupid posts on TikTok that didn't even trend! That's where the real danger is!

1 hour ago, ZIVERT said:

The longwinded, off-topic dissertations that always lead to personal attacks, misappropriation and manipulation of emotionally charged language, and the admission of carefully studying years worth of my post history, all in the name of trying to get some upvotes from his rag-tag squad of Hamas apologists

I know you because of your anti-Russia and pro-Ukraine posts, which does make sense, but its crazy to sit here and be against Palestine while cheering on Isreal while also cheering on Ukraine against Russia. It doesn't make sense. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Communion said:

There's something insidious about someone logging into a site, actively seeking out discussions on Israel's occupation of Palestine, and being like "No, dead Palestinians upset me! I promise! I want peace for everyone! Sensible liberals like me just can't stand next to the radicals! *shares random tweet with alleged information*".

...and then you click on that tweet - the kind of information that must be part of the sources they consume - and it's some like random Zionist tech bro calling for Rashida Tlaib to be kicked out of Congress, smearing of Palestinians as animals by the ADL or StopAntisemitism, and random neocons arguing that Palestinians are going to have to die because it's not aligned with Western foreign policy. Let alone the way transphobia, homophobia, racism, etc. all find their way into big "pro-Israel, anti-Palestine" accounts. 

It's one step below the freaks who actively share "news" from that far-right neo-nazi Polish site Visegrad24. :redface: I'm supposed to be outraged by zoomers not knowing how to contextualize OBL was an extremist yet ignore people sharing anti-Palestinian propaganda from far-right European sources who spent all of the 2010s arguing that it's moral to drown Muslim refugees in the ocean? :redface:  

People posting "noo!! I hate murder!!" but then hoping to push disinformation to radicalize people against Palestinians? Just own being a right-wing Zionist!

Mmm just like how you kept defending China's genociding of Ughur people last year with receipts and just like how you spread false information about how the IDF bombed that hospital?

Or like how people in the other thread used 4chan and manipulated image as evidence? Or how you guys use an AI image detector as evidence which has an accuracy of 10% or less? Or how you guys kept saying images were fake and AI generated despite being obviously real?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ZIVERT said:

The longwinded, off-topic dissertations that always lead to personal attacks, misappropriation and manipulation of emotionally charged language, and the admission of carefully studying years worth of my post history, all in the name of trying to get some upvotes from his rag-tag squad of Hamas apologists (QuranAnon) will never NOT take me out:ahh: 

OT: It's terrifying to watch far right grifters use the seeds useful idiots planted on TikTok by whitewashing Osama Bin Laden. Scapegoating Jews (and Israel) for all the evil in the world is one of the most classic antisemitic tropes. It seems ridiculous, but this tweet has 17K retweets and 59K likes :biblio:

Yikes I just saw the tweet. I mean are we surprised really? A lot of the people are essentially an echo chamber and they agree with every claim with each other despite evidence disproving it.

Even when you argue with them and show them evidence they still won't believe it cause they're stuck mentally and can't process any new information or they simply say it's fakeI. t's unfortunate.

How long before Gen Z TikTok finds some interesting things in Mein Kampf? 

TikTok is brainwashing people. 

Of course it's TikTok they come for, not that other site owned by an anti-Semitie from Apartheid era South Africa.

• Like 1

I feel like people are just shocked that Bin Laden wasn't a cartoon villain like America tried to portray him as for decades, but there were reasons why 9/11 happened the way it did, which is imperialism

Unfortunately, there was also anti-semitism, homophobia, and other bullsh*t that had nothing to do with it

The whole thing is just to show how we must always engage with propaganda critically and not take it as a face value just because some of the message resonates with us

• Like 1

I mean, people on social media are failing to employ any kind of critical thinking while eating up Hamas propaganda, it shouldn't come as a surprise that they support the views of Osama Bin Laden himself (?) as well. I'm afraid that the targeted desinformation and propaganda coming from both sides in the current conflict is only the first step, and I'm seriously worried how platforms like Tiktok are going to influence democratic elections over the next decade. 

Edited by SlowGinFizzzz
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 2

On 11/20/2023 at 10:00 AM, Mr. Blue_Shirt said:

I feel like people are just shocked that Bin Laden wasn't a cartoon villain like America tried to portray him as for decades, but there were reasons why 9/11 happened the way it did, which is imperialism

Unfortunately, there was also anti-semitism, homophobia, and other bullsh*t that had nothing to do with it

The whole thing is just to show how we must always engage with propaganda critically and not take it as a face value just because some of the message resonates with us

:deadbanana: He was, though. Literally. He was a rich man who paraded around like he was anything but and took advantage of poor and disenfranchised people whom he made do his bidding. :rip:

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Sannie said:

:deadbanana: He was, though. Literally. He was a rich man who paraded around like he was anything but and took advantage of poor and disenfranchised people whom he made do his bidding. :rip:

My point was people, especially Americans, got told for years that their country was the "good guy" and someone like Bin Laden attacked them out of nowhere because he hates their fredoom. But the realization that both are bad was jarring for them, then it got WAAAY lost after that :skull:

I mean, Americans in general have no understanding of Saudi Arabia's relationship with Israel, Saudi Arabia's relationship with America and they go "wow that's crazy, he's fighting for Palestinian all this time"

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.