Russia to declare LGBTQ+ as "extremist movement"

bestfiction

can anyone answer me how did russia turn into such a conservative hellhole after the urss fell

0587052d3ae1399af4b1483803127e6a.thumb.g

I hope Putin daughters come out as gay. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Flomik said:

Yes and there's a huge number of theories in Russia about this but that's only conspiracy

Reveal hidden contents

public

617a1eadcdb3cc46b93d44b122243248.jpg

That's crazily creepy wtf

Surprised American white gays aren't calling for the country to be carpet bombed like they are for Palestine because it's not as LGBT friendly as they'd like.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

56 minutes ago, Karla Cabello said:

can anyone answer me how did russia turn into such a conservative hellhole after the urss fell

0587052d3ae1399af4b1483803127e6a.thumb.g

it has always been 

Well, this is what we’ll get under another Trump term, so brace yourself :gaycat2:

• Like 1

Extreme for sure 

Well they finally got something right :clap3:

Edited by Dula Peep

8 hours ago, ugo said:

it has always been 

It wasn’t.

check the 90’s in Russia and Russia’s gay acceptance polls before 2012. Nobody cared about gays before Putin made a conservative turn after 2011-2012 protests and pushed the anti LGBT agenda down people’s throats. Gays are a scapegoat to turn society’s attention away from country’s continuing economic degradation post 2012. And fun fact, that doesn’t work anymore.

• Like 1

But I thought free market capitalism only brought about good things! 

6 hours ago, Communion said:

But I thought free market capitalism only brought about good things! 

Well, homosexuality in Russia was decriminalized in 1993, after the Soviet Union collapse, so :michael:

10 hours ago, WhoWho said:

It wasn’t.

check the 90’s in Russia and Russia’s gay acceptance polls before 2012. Nobody cared about gays before Putin made a conservative turn after 2011-2012 protests and pushed the anti LGBT agenda down people’s throats. Gays are a scapegoat to turn society’s attention away from country’s continuing economic degradation post 2012. And fun fact, that doesn’t work anymore.

Actually they had anti gay laws before Putin. It just changed based on the leader. 

I would bet my life savings that Vladimir is a deep closet queen. She’s had more cosmetic work than Amanda Lepore.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, to no one's surprise... It happenned

https://www.rferl.org/a/russia-lgbt-supreme-court/32708163.html

Russia's Supreme Court has ruled that the LGBT movement is "extremist," a move that rights groups say will allow the country to clamp down even harder on gay and transgender people.

After a closed-door hearing, the court on November 30 said it had approved a Justice Ministry request to label the "international LGBT social movement" as extremist, which bans its activities in the country.

Russian human rights organizations had asked the Supreme Court to reject the ministry's request, saying that "it is impossible to call a group of people a 'social movement' simply because they belong to some social group, or because they are united by some personal characteristics."

The ruling is the latest in a series of blows to LGBT rights in Russia. President Vladimir Putin last year expanded the scope of a 2013 law banning the distribution of "gay propaganda" among children to include people of all ages.

"This shameful and absurd decision represents a new front in the Russian authorities' campaign against the LGBTI community," Marie Struthers, director for Eastern Europe and Central Asia at Amnesty International, said in a statement.

"The ruling risks resulting in a blanket ban on LGBTI organizations with far-reaching violations of the rights to freedom of association, expression and peaceful assembly, as well as the right to be free from discrimination. It will affect countless people, and its repercussions are poised to be nothing short of catastrophic," she added while calling on Russian authorities to reconsider the ruling.

In addition to potential threats to close LGBT organizations and arrest gay and transgender people, activists say they fear the ruling will mean internationally recognized LGBT symbols such as the rainbow will be considered "extremist."

Russian law forbids citizens and organizations from supporting or promoting an extremist organization, including displaying its symbol online or offline. Punishments range from fines and closures to jail time.

Experts say Putin is targeting LGBT and other minorities to appease his conservative base ahead of a presidential election in March.

I saw a video recently on socials of some gay twink boy walking around in booty shorts in Russia, I’m so worried for him I hope he’s alright

What a sick world. How inhuman can you be. There are right-wingers in the West who celebrate this. Our crime is that we love the same sex. Just crazy. I hope that people who are LGBT can leave Russia one day. It makes me so angry. And here in the West, even in our community, there are people whose biggest concern is "wokeness". Time to set the right priorities.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.