Tyla f/ Travis Scott - "Water (Remix)"

Alex

1 hour ago, Crank_It_Up said:

Ew not Travis Scott. What a waste. 

They should’ve gone with Rihanna or Doja Cat. 

Doja is currently on tour and Rih is pretty much retired. Tems would've been cute or maybe even SZA 

Edited by GeminiCat

2 hours ago, Alex said:

like that moment when a mashup is better than the actual remix

wait this is amazing

Oh yikes. How u gon feature someone who looks like they are constantly in need of moisturizer on a song called water :doc:

• Haha 4

I'm just gonna bookmark this thread in case this jumps to top 3 cuz of the collab. 

Look as much as I don't stand Travis these days, this literally is her best option outside of Drake ( who is wayyy overexposed and getting clowned for his raps lately) in the US. TRAVIS is def popular enough to get her a chart hit and the song is doing good enough on its own rn to be a hit anyway. This just brings more exposure to US people ala Dua with Levitating. 

1 hour ago, GeminiCat said:

Doja is currently on tour and Rih is pretty much retired. Tems would've been cute or maybe even SZA 

Tbh SZA did nothing for the Remix of Doechii's Persuasive song when it was going viral. She didn't help the solo version nor the remix chart in Bubbling Under at the very least :rip:

And I feel like Africans would totally eat up a Tems collaboration but it wouldn't do much for pushing it up the Hot 100 like her label wants.

4 hours ago, JBJT2786 said:

I'm just gonna bookmark this thread in case this jumps to top 3 cuz of the collab. 

Look as much as I don't stand Travis these days, this literally is her best option outside of Drake ( who is wayyy overexposed and getting clowned for his raps lately) in the US. TRAVIS is def popular enough to get her a chart hit and the song is doing good enough on its own rn to be a hit anyway. This just brings more exposure to US people ala Dua with Levitating. 

Being a big name isn't enough for a feat/remix. Travis is a big artist (albeit UTOPIA is a big underperformance) but he does not fair well in the rent-a-rapper domain. Comparing this to DaBaby on Levitating who objectively brought his own to that song (no matter how problematic he is) isn't a good comparison.

On 11/16/2023 at 8:00 PM, JBJT2786 said:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.