do you like being gay? would you change it?

cyberpunkgoth

do you like being gay? would you change it?  

80 members have voted

1. 1. .

• i like being gay
    • i don't like it and i would change it if i could

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• John Slayne

• Raphy23

• Solaria

• CokeDestroyer

Top Posters In This Topic

Love it, I’m way more artistic, nuanced, and empathetic towards others than I would be if I were a heterosexual man

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

I love who I am and I wouldn't change it for the world.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I like being gay because of the hobbies and media aspect of it cause I wouldnt wanna trade being a Real Housewives Pawp Music Gaymer etc etc for like… sports or whatever it is straight guys love, but I absolutely hate the dating aspect of it and the fact that as gay men we develop much later when it comes to romantic relationships due to either insecurity or lack of (healthy) options

• Like 2

I wish I could change people's opinion about my sexuality, but otherwise I love being gay! Gay sex knocks straight sex out of the f*cking park :giraffe:

• Like 3

As I get older, I love being gay even more.

• Like 1

Yes and no.

No. Tbh, I always say I’m not afraid growing old alone but it would have been easier to have your own family if only you’re straight. Looking for love would be easier and living in general would be easier. Especially where I live right now where homosexuality is illegal. 

• Like 1

I love how me and my best guy friend met because of music and now we can hold each others lightsabers

Hes still straight tho 

• Haha 1

yes, i love being gay because it forced me to be empathetic to others in situations i may not fully understand. also, straight people are boring 

• Like 3

I’m bi, for most people irl Im still straight 

Honestly both sides have their own share of pros and cons

When you are a “straight” male it has a lot of privileges but there’s an insane amount of pressure most people don’t address most of time, especially if you have a family, everything could fall into you.

Honestly for me imo is  an equal experience.

Just now, CokeDestroyer said:

I love how me and my best guy friend met because of music and now we can hold each others lightsabers

Hes still straight tho 

please stay on topic, hole 

• Thanks 2

Im trying to explain why i love being gay

2 minutes ago, jediah556 said:

please stay on topic, hole 

I don't love it, I don't hate it. It's just like my skin color. What I hate is the politics around it. The homophobia, homosexuality constantly being politicized especially by the right etc. I would like to be asexual and aromantic tho because I waste too much time thinking about love, feeling lonely etc.

• Like 3

I’m gay/asexual, which I like, but it does make it hard to relate to how sexualized gay culture / gay men tend to be. :katie:

If we had a bigger dating pool and gay population, I wouldn't mind being gay. But the options are super limited for us

So yes, I would change it if I could.

Edited by Taeyong

When I was younger, I wanted nothing more to change it. Now, I never would. It’s taught me so much about myself and I’m a better person because of it. I feel so lucky, honestly.

It is important to bear note, I am speaking from a place of privilege, and very fortunate to live in a country that is mostly accepting of LGBT people and I can only hope those, including those in the forum, who may question their existence, or wish to change who they are, that their mindset may change along with the countries they may live in where it can be so difficult to just be their true authentic selves. 

Edited by teenager
  • Like 5

I would not change it for all the money in the world. Outside social stigma I see nothing but benefits. Being gay is amazing.

• Like 2

I‘m fine but would have probably changed it, had I had the chance to. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.