Jump to content

Green bubble emergency: Apple to support RCS messaging next year


Crashed

Recommended Posts

https://www.theverge.com/2023/11/16/23964171/apple-iphone-rcs-support

 

Quote

The blue versus green bubble debate may finally be winding down. Apple says the iPhone will add support for RCS messaging, the messaging standard used by most Android phones, in 2024, according to a report from 9to5Mac.

 

“Later next year, we will be adding support for RCS Universal Profile, the standard as currently published by the GSM Association,” an Apple spokesperson tells 9to5Mac. “We believe RCS Universal Profile will offer a better interoperability experience when compared to SMS or MMS. This will work alongside iMessage, which will continue to be the best and most secure messaging experience for Apple users.”

Thank you, European Union :foxaylove2:

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Kayseri Mantisi

    5

  • Tropez

    3

  • BLΔCKP!NK

    3

  • WokeEqualist

    3

Top Posters In This Topic

They should lower the cost of iPhone then because we pay for blue message status symbol.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 7
  • Confused 2
  • Thumbs Down 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

That "blue bubble status" bull is only valid in the US:rip: most of the world uses third-party texting apps like Whatsapp, Telegram, Messenger, etc.

  • Like 7
  • Thanks 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Finally Americans can stop being embarrassing and buy beauties such as Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra / Google Pixel 8 Pro to get a REAL taste of latest powerful technology with the best cameras. :heart:

 

I knew so many people that didn't switch to Android just because of “green bubbles”. (They were all Americans).

 

I hope this damages iPhone sales in USA somehow. :clap3:

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 3
  • Thumbs Down 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Kayseri Mantisi said:

Finally Americans can stop being embarrassing and buy beauties such as Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra / Google Pixel 8 Pro to get a REAL taste of latest powerful technology with the best cameras.

Personally, the lack of app optimisation, bad selfie cameras and hideous emojis is what keeps me from buying an Android :skull: even if on paper an Android has like a 200 MP camera it still looks worse than an iPhone pic when posted on social media

  • Like 13
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Walk_Away21 said:

Thank god group chats with an Android user will be less of a mess :jonny4:

I hope so :rip: My job has us managers in a group chat all together and there’s like two that have androids and it’s hell :rip: Even after I stepped down I can’t even leave the chat and they refuse to make another :deadbanana2: i mean i’m still getting the tea but still  :dies:

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Kayseri Mantisi said:

Finally Americans can stop being embarrassing and buy beauties such as Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra / Google Pixel 8 Pro to get a REAL taste of latest powerful technology with the best cameras. :heart:

 

I knew so many people that didn't switch to Android just because of “green bubbles”. (They were all Americans).

 

I hope this damages iPhone sales in USA somehow. :clap3:

This won’t. Just look at Japan. Nearly everyone has an iPhone. Same in other countries. iPhones are becoming the default as younger people want prefer iPhones. 
 

I just find it funny as all these companies. Apple, Google and Meta are American tech monopolies. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The way the EU is cracking that whip on apple is so humiliating :bibliahh:

 

First USB type C,Now Messaging and up next they'll be forced to have replaceable batteries :ahh:

  • Like 5
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, WokeEqualist said:

Personally, the lack of app optimisation, bad selfie cameras and hideous emojis is what keeps me from buying an Android :skull: even if on paper an Android has like a 200 MP camera it still looks worse than an iPhone pic when posted on social media

Hopefully this gets fixed too. The base camera on android is just as good if not better than iPhone, but it’s literally the lack of optimization that shoots itself in the foot. I’ve had Samsung for 10 years and enjoyed every bit of it, but **** like that is what I do NOT MISS. 

  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, WokeEqualist said:

Personally, the lack of app optimisation, bad selfie cameras and hideous emojis is what keeps me from buying an Android :skull: even if on paper an Android has like a 200 MP camera it still looks worse than an iPhone pic when posted on social media

This is wrong and old. 

 

Samsung partnered with Meta, Snapchat & TikTok and ever since S22 (and all of their upcoming flagships) - all social media apps use the full potential of the cameras.

 

The camera app takes WAY better pics than iPhone, but it's the same on social media too.

 

This partnership only applies for their flagship devices of course, so don't compare cheap Android phones with iPhones.

 

Samsung emojis got updated with One UI 6, and they all look good right now + they get new emojis earlier than Apple.

You can see the new emojis here: https://emojipedia.org/samsung

  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Kayseri Mantisi said:

This is wrong and old. 

 

Samsung partnered with Meta, Snapchat & TikTok and ever since S22 (and all of their upcoming flagships) - all social media apps use the full potential of the cameras.

 

The camera app takes WAY better pics than iPhone, but it's the same on social media too.

 

This partnership only applies for their flagship devices of course, so don't compare cheap Android phones with iPhones.

 

Samsung emojis got updated with One UI 6, and they all look good right now + they get new emojis earlier than Apple.

You can see the new emojis here: https://emojipedia.org/samsung

I've seen the flagship phones at Samsung stores, literally like +$1500 phones, and I'm always surprised at how bad the selfie cameras look. Maybe I'm used to the iPhone ones?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, WokeEqualist said:

I've seen the flagship phones at Samsung stores, literally like +$1500 phones, and I'm always surprised at how bad the selfie cameras look. Maybe I'm used to the iPhone ones?

Well their selfie cameras are better than iPhones too. Especially with better AI & HDR, they don't have crushed blacks or overexposed areas. Miles better at night pics too. They're also better with different skin tones. As you say it's probably because you're used to iPhone's bad style. by $1500+ do you mean Flip or Fold series? because those don't have the best cameras, S Ultra's do.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don’t hate Samsungs, I just don’t like the look of the software and like the settings menus are a mess, it’s hard to find stuff without googling it when I had a Galaxy tablet. I don’t know it just doesn’t look as refined as iOS and they seem a bit choppy on swiping. My friend tried his best to get me to change to an S22 and it’s a hard no for me. If android is your preference no hate, it’s just not for me. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Instead of being a brainless stan on either side making inflammatory comments, I'm going to take the mature approach and acknowledge how much of a win this is for all consumers. 

 

Better, more efficient connectivity between friends and family is always good :clap3:

  • Like 7
  • Thumbs Down 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Truly what the android girls been waiting for

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I use android and i dont know what green bubble means cause the message apps here is blue and we really use whatsapp

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, KingWitch said:

The way the EU is cracking that whip on apple is so humiliating :bibliahh:

 

First USB type C,Now Messaging and up next they'll be forced to have replaceable batteries :ahh:

What? All phones have replaceable batteries. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, woohoo said:

I don’t hate Samsungs, I just don’t like the look of the software and like the settings menus are a mess, it’s hard to find stuff without googling it when I had a Galaxy tablet. I don’t know it just doesn’t look as refined as iOS and they seem a bit choppy on swiping. My friend tried his best to get me to change to an S22 and it’s a hard no for me. If android is your preference no hate, it’s just not for me. 

For people in the US u can by an Iphone for a reasonable price that u guys think is expensive. In Brazil the latest Phone costs like 15x minimum wage.

 

So, no im not paying it for status when Samsung offers currently a superior products (look it up).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.