Garth Brooks new certifications in US

Renan90

is it ever THAT serious to certify something 23x platinum 

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, houdini said:

He is getting nervous because Taylor is closing in on him. 

1 hour ago, houdini said:

if you have it why not? certs are just  peacocking anyways :suburban:

Just now, Ms. Togekiss said:

He really took advantage of the double album rule 

Yeah his sales are so fraudulent due to all his double albums (which most are just the same recycled live songs) and all of his Walmart box sets. It's incredible that that Triple Live album is 7x platinum, when it peaked at #113 on the Billboard 200 in 2019. It probably hasn't even sold 200,000 pure copies and his music isn't even available on Apple Music or Spotify, just his own streaming company called "Ghost", which is probably extremely fraudulent. At most due to the RIAA double album rule, it should be at like Gold. Not 7x platinum :rip:

• Thanks 2

gun to my head i could not name a single Garth Brooks song :rip: is he a big country star in the US or something?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, R.E.M. said:

gun to my head i could not name a single Garth Brooks song :rip: is he a big country star in the US or something?

He has 9 diamond albums (more than anyone else ever) so yeah....He's a huge country star. Especially in the 90's. Apparently some of those sales are kinda fraudulent though (idk the circumstances)....

I only know like one song, but I don't listen to country music so yuh

Edited by blackoutbaby

1 hour ago, R.E.M. said:

He’s one of the best selling artists in US history. And even though he does country he’s rather progressive politically. He was a big support of gay rights back in the 90s. 

• Like 1

Double album literally means you’re buying double the product. It’s two albums in one. It’s two albums. There are two discs.

5 hours ago, UseYourIllusion2002 said:

Yeah his sales are so fraudulent due to all his double albums (which most are just the same recycled live songs) and all of his Walmart box sets. It's incredible that that Triple Live album is 7x platinum, when it peaked at #113 on the Billboard 200 in 2019. It probably hasn't even sold 200,000 pure copies and his music isn't even available on Apple Music or Spotify, just his own streaming company called "Ghost", which is probably extremely fraudulent. At most due to the RIAA double album rule, it should be at like Gold. Not 7x platinum :rip:

I just realised Taylor haters write just like this.

I just discovered Garth Brooks and Tim Macgrow are not the same person. :deadbanana:

2 hours ago, Alexz said:

I just realised Taylor haters write just like this.

The only difference is Taylor is dominating all metrics and deserves her flowers. Garth Brooks can't even make it into the top 100 anymore, yet his album is certified 7x platinum. 

7xPlatinum? Literally how? The biggest fraud since FEFE :deadbanana4:

His 90s/00s certifications are fine because everything sold like crazy during those days (after all he's still the best selling album artist of the Soundscan era)

But I don't get Triple Live's 7x Platinum certification (an album released in 2018). Even if it was counted as a double album I really doubt he sold 3.5 million pure album sales in 2018  :rip: 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.