1st Nonbinary Mexican Judicial Officer found dead

Sergi91

spacer.png

The authorities in Mexico confirmed this Monday the discovery of the bodies of Jesús Ociel Baena Saucedo, the first person in that country to obtain a passport without binary gender, and their romantic partner, Dorian Daniel Herrera.

Baena was an activist in the LGBT community who identified as a non-binary person.
Last May, they received the first passport issued without the male/female gender specification. They was currently serving as a magistrate of the Electoral Court of the state of Aguascalientes, being the first non-binary person to hold a position in the Judiciary.
The State Attorney General's Office (FGJE) confirmed to BBC Mundo the discovery of the bodies inside the couple's home. The first indications, according to authorities, indicate that they may have inflicted the injuries that led to their death.

Baena received police protection during the day due to the threats they constantly received for their activism.
According to the Prosecutor's Office, the agents had arrived at their home on Monday morning once the bodies were found by the domestic employee.
In the past, Baena had reported the frequent threats he received online.
"This network full of hate speech is a sign of the rotten intolerance towards us," they wrote on their  X (Twitter) account after the murder last July of local activist Ulisas Nava.

Source: BBC MUNDO (Spanish)

• Like 1

Just saw this news and i was really surprised, they quickly became in my opinion an icon of the LGBT community in Latinamerica. Truly sad news, hope one day queer people can live safe and normal lives in mexico and rest of latinamerica without being judge or killed. 

I went on titkok to see what they were saying and some ignorant people were "happy" about it, like the hate and discrimination its disgusting, religion is truly the rot of society.

• Like 10

Oh no... I remember hearing about them when they received Mexico's first non-binary passport. May they rest in peace.

• Like 1

Tolerant right-wingers strike again

RIP to these two poor souls

• Like 2

This is too much. I'm for peace but **** the bigots and death to those pieces of shits. 

• Like 1

I read it this morning, all the comments are mocking, writing in pronoun mode. For example, the pronouns they use are: MagistradE instead of magistradO, and they all wrote En PEz DesQuense. Instead of En paz descanse. 

Mexico is deeply religious and full of losers, not shocked at all. 

1 hour ago, Alongoria13 said:

Mexico is deeply religious and full of losers, not shocked at all. 

Exactamente . Que en paz descansx

Edited by Raver
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

This is incredibly sad. :cries:

I'm confused by the article tho? It makes it seem like the authorities believe it was suicide? 

4 hours ago, modeblock said:

This is incredibly sad. :cries:

I'm confused by the article tho? It makes it seem like the authorities believe it was suicide? 

That’s what the authorities are saying but people aren’t buyin it 

Just now, Sergi91 said:

That’s what the authorities are saying but people aren’t buyin it 

So ****** up :biblio:

21 hours ago, Raver said:

Exactamente . Que en paz descansx

(unt.

Edited by WokeEqualist

da authorities closing da case saying it was a murder suicide ain't it

they deserve justice

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.