Gay man's corpse is dug up and set on fire while hundreds of people celebrate

Talento

1 hour ago, Itsaliability said:

Not me thinking the whole time you were having another point of view in contrary of those who were calling for the death of those who denounce islamophobia only for you to vomit hate.

Do you even hear yourself? Or read what you write? 

They're the hateful ones, killing gay people over some lines of an ancient book. It is not islamophobic to condemn the hatred in Islam, they're also misogynistic, like for example killing hundreds of people over dress code earlier this year in the Iran protests.

I think the solution for this is to people who practice islam kindly be reeducated in world human rights, sexual studies and morals because this is sick.

Edited by Mastamaind
  • Like 3

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Itsaliability

• Talento

• Communion

• Mastamaind

6 minutes ago, Itsaliability said:

So should we expect the same response to other hate crimes when done by people of other religions? Directly blame the crime on the religion? Or just exclude religion from the conversation and accept that their hate is the motiv?

No, I am not justifying anything or anyone.

Islam is the main reason why there is so much hate in those countries 

And pointing that out is not “islamophobic”

Islam is also by far the most homophobic religion in the world right now

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, -brian said:

Maybe your friend can help answer

Hey sis, I'm glad we agree religious extremism is bad - I hope to see you voice support for the Palestinian people against a different extremist religious movement - but can you explain what your friends mean with the below posts? I don't think i can see how any of the below leads to cultural and religious reformation within Senegal!

7 hours ago, truthteller said:

drop the N bomb now

5 hours ago, mellenthin said:

Can we just bomb them

5 hours ago, Take Me Apart said:

Coming soon(tm) to a European country near you 

:clack:

5 hours ago, Raptus said:

That's why Europe borders should be keept closed

Edited by Communion

2 hours ago, Communion said:

Do you think people who call for the bombing and revoking of migration rights to Europe of the Sengalese have the goal of making Senegal a more tolerant place in mind?

Some of yall wanted a conversation so let's have a conversation. :celestial5:

And when did I state that? I think reeducation for people who practice islam actively is the solution, in human rights, sexual studies, morals and civics. Helping migrants to adapt and drop that hateful religion at least enough to stop being homophobic and misogynistic would be good.

4 hours ago, Itsaliability said:

When you have people depraved from EDUCATION it is expected to deal with ignorance isn't it? Even more so when these people have to risk their lives for food and water.

My rebuttal to this is that the (overt) colonialism in Senegal ended over 60 years ago. Sure the French are known for Neo-colonialism and covert control (see the Franc CFA as an example), but is there something inherently ignorant about the people in Senegal that they don't possess the ability to develop an educational system for themselves? There are several other poor post-colonial countries that have managed to socially progress enough to realize that digging up a dead gay man's body and burning it is not the best use of their time (basically every Christian country in Africa except for Uganda, but especially places like Botswana and Gabon and Rwanda which have actually signed the UN Declaration in Support of LGBTQ+ rights). Surely you aren't arguing that there's just something about the people of Senegal that makes them incapable of progress, right? I think the broad (but not universal) theme we're seeing is that Christians and Christian countries are often homophobic, but that Islamic countries are nearly more universal in their greater degree of homophobia. Aside from Uganda, every country with a homosexual death penalty is Muslim majority, and that's not a coincidence. 

Plus, Senegal is actually one of the most food secure and water secure (especially with sanitation and water reuse) countries in Africa, so surely at least some of these people had food in their pantry and water in their pipes while they went out to celebrate the desecration of a gay man's body. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mastamaind said:

They're they hateful ones, killing gay people over some lines of an ancient book. It is not islamophobic to condemn the hatred in Islam, they're also misogynistic, like for example killing hundreds of people over dress code earlier this year in the Iran protests.

I think the solution for this is to people who practice islam kindly be reeducated in world human rights, sexual studies and morals because this is sick.

It's Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve, this exact rhetoric has been used to incite hate crimes in majority christian countries, thinking they were honoring some other ancient book. 

Misogynistic as in France making it a law to prohibit women from wearing the hijab? But disguised differently. Or misogynistic as in christian rapists citing the victims clothing as provocation? 

The solution is for everyone to have access to information (which I said earlier people in these countries are limited in) and for everyone to mind their fu*king business without a worry as to who sleeps with who.

11 minutes ago, Mastamaind said:

And when did I state that? I think reeducation for people who practice islam actively is the solution, in human rights, sexual studies, morals and civics. Helping migrants to adapt and drop that hateful religion at least enough to stop being homophobic and misogynistic would be good.

I mean, the user you decided to quote was literally responding to people suggesting the reasonable solution to religious conservatism was mass collective punishment.

If you find that collective calls for mass punishment and violence towards Muslims is an inappropriate answer to homophobia, I'm not sure why then you decided to quote that user and essentially do what comes off as scolding them for being upset over the way certain users joking about bombing and killing people.

I mean, they literally say this in in their post you decided to quote:

What I was trying to do, was point out the rampant islamophobia running around here at the first chance.

I mean, the user who was literally antagonizing them @Talento literally was previously defending the Israel government trying to force 2M Gazans into the Sinai desert. Surely you understand why people are then skeptical of the motives of certain users on ATRL who claims to be against "religious extremism" yet conveniently support the killing of thousands by a theocratic settler colonial state?

When you quote users, do you simply not read the posts *they''re* quoting and responding to to understand context? 

Edited by Communion
  • Thumbs Down 1

13 minutes ago, Trent W said:

Islam is the main reason why there is so much hate in those countries 

And pointing that out is not “islamophobic”

Islam is also by far the most homophobic religion in the world right now

Religion* is the main reason why there is so much hate in a worldwide scale.

But also stating some facts as to why these places are still stuck in time with their mentality, religion and education does not set a precedent of me trying to justify the act referred in the OP. 

21 minutes ago, Communion said:

the user who was literally antagonizing them @Talento literally was previously defending the Israel government trying to force 2M Gazans into the Sinai desert. Surely you understand why people are then skeptical of the motives of certain users on ATRL who claims to be against "religious extremism" yet conveniently support the killing of thousands by a theocratic settler colonial state?

You really just make **** up and run with it :rip: Where does that post of mine you're quoting translates into me "defending the Israel government trying to force 2M Gazans into the Sinai desert" and "supporting the killing of thousands by a theocratic settler colonial state?" :ahh: 

Like, you directly quoted my post which everyone can see that's not at all what I said or even implied. You look foolish and deranged!

• Like 5

Just now, Talento said:

You really just make **** up and run with it :rip: Where does that post of mine you're quoting translates into me "defending the Israel government trying to force 2M Gazans into the Sinai desert" and "supporting the killing of thousands by a theocratic settler colonial state?" :ahh: 

Like, you directly quoted my post which everyone can see that's not at all what I said or even implied. You look foolish and deranged!

"By arguing that Palestinians SHOULD just leave Gaza and go to Egypt, I was NOT supporting Israel! Don't put words into my mouth!!"

Also you:

Why does homophobia in the name of religious extremism anger you but not ethnic cleansing in the name of religious extremism?

• Thanks 3
  • Thumbs Down 3

18 minutes ago, wastedpotential said:

My rebuttal to this is that the (overt) colonialism in Senegal ended over 60 years ago. Sure the French are known for Neo-colonialism and covert control (see the Franc CFA as an example), but is there something inherently ignorant about the people in Senegal that they don't possess the ability to develop an educational system for themselves? There are several other poor post-colonial countries that have managed to socially progress enough to realize that digging up a dead gay man's body and burning it is not the best use of their time (basically every Christian country in Africa except for Uganda, but especially places like Botswana and Gabon and Rwanda which have actually signed the UN Declaration in Support of LGBTQ+ rights). Surely you aren't arguing that there's just something about the people of Senegal that makes them incapable of progress, right? I think the broad (but not universal) theme we're seeing is that Christians and Christian countries are often homophobic, but that Islamic countries are nearly more universal in their greater degree of homophobia. Aside from Uganda, every country with a homosexual death penalty is Muslim majority, and that's not a coincidence. 

Plus, Senegal is actually one of the most food secure and water secure (especially with sanitation and water reuse) countries in Africa, so surely at least some of these people had food in their pantry and water in their pipes while they went out to celebrate the desecration of a gay man's body. 

Even though one of the most stable African countries, out of 15,8 million habitants more than half of them still live below the poverty line. 

Albania another majority muslim country gained independence in 1912 but shortly after was under communism until 30 years ago.

But some stats are interesting:

Literacy rate for 2021- Albania 98.45% vs Senegal 56.30% (a much better improvement than 2017)

Internet access for 2022- Albania 81% vs Senegal 46% 

Homphobia also exist in Albania, ofc not to these extents as the case in the OP. But it does look like education and internet access have a role into educating people and in this case Senegal still has way to go before we can call it a well educated country on at least on an academic level and even less on such social topics.

And let's not forget, LGBTQ+ rights weren't achieved in the blink of an eye in the west either.

8 hours ago, dumbsparce said:

Would love to see Islam apologists blaming this on colonialism but I guess this thread will somehow escape their radar.

I refuse to refer to these beings as people. No amount of underprivileges justifies these monstrosities.

Like clockwork that's what they're doing :ahh: 

ISLAM is EVIL as are many other religions that preach of an all powerful god you must "fear" but the radicalism in Islam is nothing like any other major religion in our current world

Edited by Gaia
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Communion said:

"By arguing that Palestinians SHOULD just leave Gaza and go to Egypt, I was NOT supporting Israel! Don't put words into my mouth!!"

Also you:

You really think you're doing something by creating these quotes you make up inside your creative little brain? My post explicitly says "if they WANT to leave".

It's not like it's an option since Egypt didn't give them that choice anyway and all the western liberals applauded from the comfort of their first world countries saying the Palestinians wanting to leave should stay there getting bombed instead.

And yes, legendary actor Mark Hamill a indeed a king :clap3:

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Talento said:

Girl don't bother. That and a few other Hamas/terrorist loving Islam apologists will turn "I just ate cereal" into "I am a zionist who wants to slaughter palestinians!" with their lack of receipts claiming you *did* or *said* something :rip:

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Gaia said:

Girl don't bother. That and a few other Hamas/terrorist loving Islam apologists will turn "I just ate cereal" into "I am a zionist who wants to slaughter palestinians!" with their lack of receipts claiming you *did* or *said* something :rip:

Like... :skull: It's CRAZY to claim I'm saying something and then directly quote the post which shows it's not what was said at all :skull::skull::skull:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Talento said:

You really think you're doing something by creating these quotes you make up inside your creative little brain? My post explicitly says "if they WANT to leave".

And they couldn't leave because Israel was and continues to bomb them. A country who you continue to show support for, no matter if you hope to only be ironically "edgy".

Are posts like this meant to be edgy? Ironic? Funny? 

Why would anyone think your concerns with "religious extremism" are not disingenuous?

It’s crazy to me that this is how humans behave. 

I don’t think there is helping some people or those obsessed with religion. 

57 minutes ago, Communion said:

Hey sis, I'm glad we agree religious extremism is bad - I hope to see you voice support for the Palestinian people against a different extremist religious movement - but can you explain what your friends mean with the below posts? I don't think i can see how any of the below leads to cultural and religious reformation within Senegal!

Hi! I don’t know those people. How the hell would I be able to explain their post? And what do they have to do with what I said? 

Yep, I support Palestinian liberation. I hope you use your knowledge of others oppression for more than whataboutisms and gotchas online

You have such a hard time staying on topic, Communion. @Itsaliability asked what this act has to do with Islam. You said this was Islamic extremism, can you explain how to them?

30 minutes ago, Talento said:

Like... :skull: It's CRAZY to claim I'm saying something and then directly quote the post which shows it's not what was said at all :skull::skull::skull:

They've done that to me and I CACKLED. It's always some completely off-base "interpretation" of what you said and not what you actually said :ahh: 

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Communion said:

And they couldn't leave because Israel was and continues to bomb them. A country who you continue to show support for, no matter if you hope to only be ironically "edgy".

Are posts like this meant to be edgy? Ironic? Funny? 

Why would anyone think your concerns with "religious extremism" are not disingenuous?

A post from four months ago :skull: Before the current crises while the terrible crime he was committing in that thread was... *gasp* deleting Instagram comments from pictures where he was vacationing in Isarel. How awful of me. :priceless:

You thought you did something there.

12 minutes ago, Talento said:

A post from four months ago :skull:

You literally have spent the last month downvoting posts that condemn the IDF and reference how the number of Palestinians killed by Israel outnumber those by Hamas.

You literally did it in the thread linked above.

Fti93yd.png

Why would someone downvote a post calling for sympathy for 6,000 dead Palestinians? :redface:

JyW2frp.png

You have such a reactionary view of Islam that you literally vocalize support for Israel simply because - by the numerous posts you liked - you champion that idea of Palestinians and Palestine as "just a terrorist state":

GMhqZaB.png

So why wouldn't anyone be skeptical by what your feelings towards (yes, harmful) forms of Islamic conservatism are fueled by, especially when you use such conservatism to make wide generalizations that will ultimately hurt *all* Muslims? 

• Thanks 2

35 minutes ago, -brian said:

Hi! I don’t know those people.

Then... why would you assume I know the person you quoted? Don't be weird, sis!

Hopefully if you find those posts wrong, you can then explain to those users why such jokes are harmful instead of scolding other users for being offended over jokes about bombing people. 

35 minutes ago, -brian said:

And what do they have to do with what I said? 

Yep, I support Palestinian liberation. I hope you use your knowledge of others oppression for more than whataboutisms and gotchas online

Demanding people hold moral consistency is not whataboutism, nor is it off topic when the very people now upset over being interrogated for being inconsistent were the ones going "HMMM I WONDER WHAT PEOPLE WHO [FIND POSTS ABOUT BOMBING PEOPLE OFFENSIVE] HAVE TO SAY ABOUT THIS?? KEEP EUROPE FOR THE EUROPEANS!!!". :cm:

Imagine how cruel those users have to be to see the suffering of gay Senegalese to homophobic violence and decide to make the thread off topic by joking about drone strikes and arguing that white people should be afraid of letting *ANY* people fro, Senegal (I guess even the LGBT ones too??) into Europe. :redface:

The people in the video hold such a horrific hatred and cruelty to their violence that they should be forever shamed of. Unfortunately, these people probably get a chip on their shoulder when the criticisms over their homophobia get muddied by rabid xenophobia and white supremacy. 

Edited by Communion

3 minutes ago, Communion said:

You literally have spent the last month downvoting posts that condemn the IDF and reference how the number of Palestinians killed by Israel outnumber those by Hamas.

Fti93yd.png

Why would someone downvote a post calling for sympathy for 6,000 dead Palestinians? :redface:

JyW2frp.png

You have such a reactionary view of Islam that you literally vocalize support for Israel simply because - by the numerous posts you liked - you champion that idea of Palestinians and Palestine as "just a terrorist state":

GMhqZaB.png

So why wouldn't anyone be skeptical by what your feelings towards (yes, harmful) forms of Islamic conservatism are fueled by, especially when you use such conservatism to make wide generalizations that will ultimately hurt *all* Muslims? 

This is getting scary. Are you gonna request the mods give you my IP like you did to a Muslim member denouncing his own experience with homophobia next? :biblionny: 

I downvoted theses posts because they're simply not true whataboutisms, people call out Israel for their crimes all the time.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Talento said:

Literally it’s all they do. 💀😂

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Communion said:

Also you:

Why does homophobia in the name of religious extremism anger you but not ethnic cleansing in the name of religious extremism?

42 minutes ago, Communion said:

Fti93yd.png

JyW2frp.png

GMhqZaB.png

damn this exposé...quelle surprise!

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.