Trump planning mass deportations, and camps if he wins second term

DONTYELLATME

Former President Donald J. Trump is planning an extreme expansion of his first-term crackdown on immigration if he returns to power in 2025 — including preparing to round up undocumented people already in the United States on a vast scale and detain them in sprawling camps while they wait to be expelled.

The plans would sharply restrict both legal and illegal immigration in a multitude of ways.

Mr. Trump wants to revive his first-term border policies, including banning entry by people from certain Muslim-majority nations and reimposing a Covid 19-era policy of refusing asylum claims — though this time he would base that refusal on assertions that migrants carry other infectious diseases like tuberculosis.

He plans to scour the country for unauthorized immigrants and deport people by the millions per year.

To help speed mass deportations, Mr. Trump is preparing an enormous expansion of a form of removal that does not require due process hearings. To help Immigration and Customs Enforcement carry out sweeping raids, he plans to reassign other federal agents and deputize local police officers and National Guard soldiers voluntarily contributed by Republican-run states.

To ease the strain on ICE detention facilities, Mr. Trump wants to build huge camps to detain people while their cases are processed and they await deportation flights. And to get around any refusal by Congress to appropriate the necessary funds, Mr. Trump would redirect money in the military budget, as he did in his first term to spend more on a border wall than Congress had authorized.

In a public reference to his plans, Mr. Trump told a crowd in Iowa in September: “Following the Eisenhower model, we will carry out the largest domestic deportation operation in American history.” The reference was to a 1954 campaign to round up and expel Mexican immigrants that was named for an ethnic slur — “Operation *******.”

The constellation of Mr. Trump’s 2025 plans amounts to an assault on immigration on a scale unseen in modern American history. Millions of undocumented immigrants would be barred from the country or uprooted from it years or even decades after settling here.

Such a scale of planned removals would raise logistical, financial and diplomatic challenges and would be vigorously challenged in court. But there is no mistaking the breadth and ambition of the shift Mr. Trump is eyeing.

In a second Trump presidency, the visas of foreign students who participated in anti-Israel or pro-Palestinian protests would be canceled. U.S. consular officials abroad will be directed to expand ideological screening of visa applicants to block people the Trump administration considers to have undesirable attitudes. People who were granted temporary protected status because they are from certain countries deemed unsafe, allowing them to lawfully live and work in the United States, would have that status revoked.

Similarly, numerous people who have been allowed to live in the country temporarily for humanitarian reasons would also lose that status and be kicked out, including tens of thousands of the Afghans who were evacuated amid the 2021 Taliban takeover and allowed to enter the United States. Afghans holding special visas granted to people who helped U.S. forces would be revetted to see if they really did.

And Mr. Trump would try to end birthright citizenship for babies born in the United States to undocumented parents — by proclaiming that policy to be the new position of the government and by ordering agencies to cease issuing citizenship-affirming documents like Social Security cards and passports to them. That policy’s legal legitimacy, like nearly all of Mr. Trump’s plans, would be virtually certain to end up before the Supreme Court.

In interviews with The New York Times, several Trump advisers gave the most expansive and detailed description yet of Mr. Trump’s immigration agenda in a potential second term. In particular, Mr. Trump’s campaign referred questions for this article to Stephen Miller, an architect of Mr. Trump’s first-term immigration policies who remains close to him and is expected to serve in a senior role in a second administration.

All of the steps Trump advisers are preparing, Mr. Miller contended in a wide-ranging interview, rely on existing statutes; while the Trump team would likely seek a revamp of immigration laws, the plan was crafted to need no new substantive legislation. And while acknowledging that lawsuits would arise to challenge nearly every one of them, he portrayed the Trump team’s daunting array of tactics as a “blitz” designed to overwhelm immigrant-rights lawyers.

“Any activists who doubt President Trump’s resolve in the slightest are making a drastic error: Trump will unleash the vast arsenal of federal powers to implement the most spectacular migration crackdown,” Mr. Miller said, adding, “The immigration legal activists won’t know what’s happening.”

Todd Schulte, the president of FWD.us, an immigration and criminal justice advocacy group that repeatedly fought the Trump administration, said the Trump team’s plans relied on “xenophobic demagoguery” that appeals to his hardest-core political base.

“Americans should understand these policy proposals are an authoritarian, often illegal, agenda that would rip apart nearly every aspect of American life — tanking the economy, violating the basic civil rights of millions of immigrants and native-born Americans alike,” Mr. Schulte said.

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/11/11/us/politics/trump-2025-immigration-agenda.html

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Communion

• GhostBox

• anti-bitch

• AMIT

Top Posters In This Topic

And some of these people still want him back? F him, forever.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Mordecai said:

America PLEASE get rid of both this parasite and Joe Biden. No 80 year old has any business being in politics, go enjoy your final years and hang out with your grandkids

We literally can’t. The DNC won’t let us have another candidate. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Mordecai said:

America PLEASE get rid of both this parasite and Joe Biden. No 80 year old has any business being in politics, go enjoy your final years and hang out with your grandkids

we all would like that very much, but unless money is taken out of politics, that will never happen

E2uhsKq.gif

• Like 1

No shade but I dont think the guy is even capable of that. Its just a fake hate promisse at this point

• Like 5

Well I guess Americans have to settle for genocide Joe for the next 4 years if they wanna survive

Some deportations took over in his first term but let's not act like he is not all talk. In the first year of his election it looked like he was doing exactly what he claimed but  it fell flat after some time. 

The Muslim travel ban was limited only to some countries and the border wall is only 20-25% finished. There's probably much more that I am not aware of. 

Still, I am quite scared of certain policies he might take though. 

Edited by Aristotle
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, GraceRandolph said:

We literally can’t. The DNC won’t let us have another candidate. 

What is the DNC? Sorry I’m not well versed on American politics 

1 hour ago, Mordecai said:

You shouldn’t be allowed to run past 60 in my opinion. Like every other job. Go enjoy your pensions and let people who will actually be affected by your decisions after you croak run things.

I think it’s just classic boomer mentality. They own 53% of the US’ wealth and don’t want to give it up any time soon. Gen X owns 25% and millennials 5%. Sadly I don’t see things becoming equal very soon seeing as their generation still runs the country, making up most of the senate.

I guess best case scenario is if something happens to Biden and Kamala steps in (even though she’s just as pro Israel as him but probably not as pro genocide)

1 minute ago, baelani said:

What is the DNC? Sorry I’m not well versed on American politics 

You shouldn’t be allowed to run past 60 in my opinion. Like every other job. Go enjoy your pensions and let people who will actually be affected by your decisions after you croak run things.

I think it’s just classic boomer mentality. They own 53% of the US’ wealth and don’t want to give it up any time soon. Gen X owns 25% and millennials 5%. Sadly I don’t see things becoming equal very soon seeing as their generation still runs the country, making up most of the senate.

I guess best case scenario is if something happens to Biden and Kamala steps in (even though she’s just as pro Israel as him but probably not as pro genocide)

The Democratic National Committee. They pushed for Hillary in 2016, and Biden refuses to debate Marianne Williamson this time. 

1 hour ago, LittleStarmen said:

No shade but I dont think the guy is even capable of that. Its just a fake hate promisse at this point

With the help of the GOP he sure can.

• Like 1

I really don't think these culture wars are going to get him back in office when the time comes around ngl

• Like 1

This will fare just as "the wall" did. I think he just likes saying stuff that his followers eat up. 

There’s never been a 3rd option of candidate as much as now

One is backing up a massive genocide in Palestine and the other one well it needs no explanation 

Both are equally awful

Whatever the 3rd option could be, it might be better

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Trent W said:

One is backing up a massive genocide in Palestine and the other one well it needs no explanation 

Both are equally awful

It’s Biden or Trump. None of these third party candidates can win. Sorry it’s just the facts. 

wether ya like it or not that’s the two choices and only one of them two can win

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

2 minutes ago, Trent W said:

Both are equally awful

There is a 3rd option, he's a Kennedy and he's absolutely insane.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, GhostBox said:

It’s Biden or Trump. None of these third party candidates can win. Sorry it’s just the facts. 

wether ya like it or not that’s the two choices and only one of them two can win

It might be true but honestly Trump is like 2% less worse than Biden atm

If it comes to that, I think Trump is gonna win, especially since we now know that he talks too much and doesn’t follow, he just panders his followers that have no brain cells.

Biden’s presidency has been catastrophic, I still can’t believe he’s been doing even worse than Trump

Edited by Trent W
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 6

I truly wouldn't know what to do in 2024 if I were American. I'd never vote for Trump but I also wouldn't vote for Biden for how he's handled the genocide and ethnic cleansing of Palestinians.  

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Almighty Gaga said:

This will fare just as "the wall" did. I think he just likes saying stuff that his followers eat up. 

Actually the wall is far easier to finish than the mass deportations of millions and he did not do that.

31 minutes ago, Sombre said:

I truly wouldn't know what to do in 2024 if I were American. I'd never vote for Trump but I also wouldn't vote for Biden for how he's handled the genocide and ethnic cleansing of Palestinians.  

It’s an easy but forced choice, Trump and the GOP want a Christian, theocratic government, whose laws abide by the Bible. Biden is not progressive but I know I won’t end up in a concentration camp for being gay with him.

• Like 8

You have democratic mayors begging Biden for money to help aid the millions of migrants that crossed the border illegally and yet he won’t do anything. Some of those people need to be deported back to their home country. A lot of them are grown ass men causing havoc in these cities. 

• Thumbs Down 4

2 hours ago, LittleStarmen said:

It’s about more than him being capable or not. All this racist bs he’s spitting will only amp his supporters up even more. They don’t know he can’t do what he promises. All they see and hear is someone with a huge amount of power echoing their racist thoughts and beliefs, and that’s dangerous 

1 hour ago, Trent W said:

Biden’s presidency has been catastrophic, I still can’t believe he’s been doing even worse than Trump

didn’t one just recently have a direct role in attempting to start a coup & destroy democracy itself? 

• Like 3

QUICK. someone get Michelle Obama to run :gaycat7:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.