Democrats in Congress stunned by amount of constituents demands for a ceasefire

Bears01

2 minutes ago, Sazare said:

it is pretty shocking how quickly the American public has turned against Israel, especially given the PR chokehold Israel and its advocates have had for decades over policy, politicians, and even what’s considered acceptable discourse.

This has definitely been a long time coming but I do think Sheikh Jarrah marked a real turning point.

The American public hasn’t turned against Israel. It’s the young Gen Z crowd getting their information from tik tok. Older millennials and up support israel. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 8

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Minogue

• Virgos Groove

• State of Grace.

• Bears01

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Minogue said:

The IDF has intelligence where the hostages are held at this point which is why they managed to rescue one last week. 

Why would Israel bomb its own civilians?? They don’t use them as human shields like the other side :rip:

Considering at least 9 have died in the bombings, I'd say it's because they prioritize their genocidal campaign of Palestinians over the lives of their own civilians.

4 minutes ago, Minogue said:

They don’t use them as human shields like the other side :rip:

What are West Bank settlements if not an advanced human shield? :rip:

Just now, Minogue said:

The American public hasn’t turned against Israel. It’s the young Gen Z crowd getting their information from tik tok. Older millennials and up support israel. 

If you’re really going to blame social media for this sea-change in public opinion, you're pointing fingers at the wrong place. This has been gestating for far too long for it to be TikTok. Honestly I think Tumblr is where most of this has trickled down from.

Anyway, most older millennials and up get their information from Instagram and Facebook, which haven’t exactly proven themselves immune to peddling disinformation.

4 minutes ago, Minogue said:

As opposed to Israel supporters who get their info from... the official Israeli Twitter account's Harry Potter edits? :rip::rip::rip:

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Virgos Groove said:

Considering at least 9 have died in the bombings, I'd say it's because they prioritize their genocidal campaign of Palestinians over the lives of their own civilians.

What are West Bank settlements if not an advanced human shield? :rip:

HAMAS is your source baby? :bibliahh:

• Thumbs Down 4

1 minute ago, Sazare said:

If you’re really going to blame social media for this sea-change in public opinion, you're pointing fingers at the wrong place. This has been gestating for far too long for it to be TikTok. Honestly I think Tumblr is where most of this has trickled down from.

Anyway, most older millennials and up get their information from Instagram and Facebook, which haven’t exactly proven themselves immune to peddling disinformation.

Just now, Virgos Groove said:

As opposed to Israel supporters who get their info from... the official Israeli Twitter account's Harry Potter edits? :rip::rip::rip:

It was a neutral statement 

https://www.npr.org/2023/10/13/1205627092/american-support-israel-biden-middle-east-hamas-poll

• Thumbs Down 2

Are they really surprised? This happens when anything big happens. 😂 the activists start bombarding their phones and emails.  

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 8

Just now, Minogue said:

This was published on October 13th, practically in the immediate aftermath of the Hamas attack. Subsequent polling has found a pretty stark reversal in support for Israel among most age groups, not just younger millennials and gen z

• Like 2

Just now, Minogue said:

Your statement: young people only support Palestine because of TikTok

Yet if we ctrf+F the link you posted:

• TikTok: 0 times
  • social media: 0 times
  • internet: 0 times

The math isn't mathing.

4 minutes ago, Virgos Groove said:

Your statement: young people only support Palestine because of TikTok

Yet if we ctrf+F the link you posted:

• TikTok: 0 times
  • social media: 0 times
  • internet: 0 times

The math isn't mathing.

The article was meant to demonstrate that Gen Z is much more likely to criticise Israel and be pro Palestine than other generations. Not to demonstrate that it gets their information from tik tok (which should is common sense for years now).

Why do you think Gen Z is much more favourable of Palestine, Virgos Groove?

• Thumbs Down 3

1 minute ago, Sazare said:

it is pretty shocking how quickly the American public has turned against Israel, especially given the PR chokehold Israel and its advocates have over policy, politicians, and even what’s considered acceptable discourse.

This has definitely been a long time coming but I do think Sheikh Jarrah marked a real turning point.

Absolutely. May 2021 was the first time we have ever seen such widescale support for Palestine on social media. That's also when platforms started heavily censoring journalists/accounts posting pro-Palestine content and shutting down their accounts. Then there's the assassination of Palestinian-American journalist Shireen Abu Akleh last year.

It's kind of insane that it took that many years though but yeah..

• Thumbs Down 2

24 minutes ago, Minogue said:

The IDF has intelligence where the hostages are held at this point 

Is that why dozens of hostages have died in recent bombings? So you're saying the IDF KILLED them intentionally? :deadbanana4:

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

3 hours ago, Bears01 said:

To be fair, they always are and have been. 

I have faith in a lot of the American people though (not all, but quite a lot) :clap3:a lot has changed in the last 20 years 

I agree. Even though it isn't as fast as I would like, politics in America rarely has ever been fast. People at least prove to me at the very least when things get truly messed up they will step up and FINALLY do something right. I know injustice and equality will never be fully right but it has made a lot of progress and continues to do so. Unfortunately, I will not experience every benefit we should be receiving in my life, but I suppose tis life. There is a lot to be negative about in the world I agree. But I find personally a lot of people fail to appreciate the good and/or the progress made. Like keep fighting for better but always ruminating in the negative is such a sad outlook on life

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Minogue said:

Why do you think Gen Z is much more favourable of Palestine, Virgos Groove?

Because, unlike Boomers and Gen X, we didn't catch Israel's propaganda extravanganza in the 90s and 2000s. Instead, we came of age during Israel's turn to the far-right, successive bombings of Gaza, as well as the condemnation of Israel as an apartheid state by the UN. Palestine doesn't have a state or an army, let alone a propaganda machine or even proper media coverage in Western channels.

If the Palestinian cause is so popular with gen Z, it's because Israel's crimes are that that laid bare.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Communion said:

Is that why dozens of hostages have died in recent bombings? So you're saying the IDF KILLED them intentionally? :deadbanana4:

It makes zero sense to kill hostages both from the Israeli side AND Hamas’ side be real and objective for one second :rip:

• Thumbs Down 1

24 minutes ago, Minogue said:

This. While support of Israel has dropped for sure (and rightfully so) the numbers consistently do not lie. The vast majority of Americans are supporters of Israel. I do think there is probably more support for Palestine than there has ever been in the US, especially online, but people that spend a lot of time online do need to be cognizant that online is not the same as reality. Even if you know millions who are in support that is still a very small portion of just America alone. Just because your corner of the internet is all pro-palestine does not mean the entire country of around 332 million people are. I know we want to believe the US is suddenly majority pro-Palestine and to end what is going on, but that is just simply not the case at least based on available data. I think there is also a difference between being in support of Israel or Palestine and being in support or not of conflict between them

Just now, Virgos Groove said:

Because, unlike Boomers and Gen X, we didn't catch Israel's propaganda extravanganza in the 90s and 2000s. Instead, we came of age during Israel's turn to the far-right, successive bombings of Gaza, as well as the condemnation of Israel as an apartheid state by the UN. Palestine doesn't have a state or an army, let alone a propaganda machine or even proper media coverage in Western channels.

If the Palestinian cause is so popular with gen Z, it's because Israel's crimes are that that laid bare.

UN :heart:

https://www.europarl.europa.eu/doceo/document/E-9-2023-001936_EN.html

Israeli Arabs enjoy 100% equal rights in Israel. Ask my millionaire Arab CEO lol.

The West Bank maybe should’ve agreed to a 2 state solution offered by different parties the last one being as recent as 08 :coffee2: but instead of agreeing and providing the Palestinians the lives they deserve they are committed to the River to the Sea part even if it means the death of their innocent children. Sad to be honest. 

the only true apartheid states are the Arab countries that hosted millions of Jews before 48. Now there’s less than a 1000 in all of them. Wonder why.

• Thumbs Down 5

@State of Grace. do you have anything to add to the conversation? The notifications from your reaction are making a mess out of my notifications bar at least Virgos Groove is actually posting something of value I can comment to :rip:

• Thumbs Down 4

Just now, Minogue said:

Israeli Arabs enjoy 100% equal rights in Israel.

CTFU 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

You can tell these blatant lies and pass them as facts to McKenzie (58) and Kayleigh (53) from Florida or something, not to us 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

12 minutes ago, If U Seek Amy said:

I agree. Even though it isn't as fast as I would like, politics in America rarely has ever been fast. People at least prove to me at the very least when things get truly messed up they will step up and FINALLY do something right. I know injustice and equality will never be fully right but it has made a lot of progress and continues to do so. Unfortunately, I will not experience every benefit we should be receiving in my life, but I suppose tis life. There is a lot to be negative about in the world I agree. But I find personally a lot of people fail to appreciate the good and/or the progress made. Like keep fighting for better but always ruminating in the negative is such a sad outlook on life

Yeah, what happened in your state on Tuesday night is a perfect example. For the first time in my life, people are going all out to defend a woman’s right to choose, and the U.S. is actually ahead (in a good way at that) of most of the developed world when it comes to a certain issue: marijuana legalization :clap3: Ohio and Missouri is about to have legal weed while countries like Sweden and Denmark do not…crazy! 

10 minutes ago, Minogue said:

The West Bank maybe should’ve agreed to a 2 state solution offered by different parties the last one being as recent as 08 :coffee2:

Mhm... they did. The PLO recognized Israel's "right to exist" and abandoned armed fighting. Israel kept buildings settlements in the West Bank, despite repeated condemnations from the international community (and had Arafat sieged multiple times).

Edited by Virgos Groove

1 minute ago, State of Grace. said:

CTFU 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

You can tell these blatant lies and pass them as facts to McKenzie (58) and Kayleigh (53) from Florida or something, not to us 

Don’t take it from me. Take it from this Israel Arab:

(he’s so hot :wanda:)

• Thumbs Down 1

• ATRL Moderator

Imagined being shocked because people don't like funding the slaughter of civilians.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.