The Curse | A24 Dark Comedy | Emma Stone & Nathan Fielder

ChapelHooker

MV5BNWYxM2YzYjktYmRjZS00NzE1LWI0OGMtZDNm

The Curse centers on Whitney and Asher Siegel, a newlywed couple struggling to bring their vision for eco-conscious housing to the small community of Española, New Mexico. Their efforts are complicated when an eccentrically flawed reality TV producer, Dougie, sees opportunity in their story. As the series unfolds, the couple find themselves caught in a mysterious web of ethical and moral gray zones - all while trying to keep their relationship afloat. 

85% Rotten Tomatoes | 75 Metacritic

this is WEIRD. really dark, cringe comedy. the performances are amazing, and I love the music and cinematography. I am not sure how this is going to hold up over 10 episodes, but it is intriguing for sure.

this is not something I would watch with someone else lmfao 

we're seated 

hq2.jpg?sqp=-oaymwEoCOADEOgC8quKqQMcGADw

The best Emma around gracing us with another indie project. She better serve us excellence like MANIAC.

From the clips I’ve seen on Twitter, Nathan’s acting looks absolutely TERRIBLE. I feel like I’m sitting in on a script reading watching him try to be a “serious” actor…

• 1 month later...

Finale next week. It was a slow burn but the last two episodes have been amazing. :jonny5:

It´s totally weird but I like it.

Not the main full frontal nudity on the first episode. 

I'm so sad to say this has been such a disappointment :weeps: it has some of the classic Nathan comedy that I love but it had no business being almost an hour per episode. It drags waaaay too much.

This gotta be the dumbest weirdest TV show that I've ever watched. What in the world was that season finale? :biblio:

what a finale :jonny: excellently bonkers tv. agree the show was slow at times, lots of long dialogue scenes but the characters have so much DEPTH and the way it makes you so uncomfortable was so well done. Emi Li is giving one of her best performances too

• Like 1

didn't know there was a thread, but this series is WILD 

Spoiler

the batshit crazy finale had me screaming :bibliahh:

his ass flying up to space :dies:

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

OMFG that was the most hilarious finale ever. The way I cackled, guffawed, and DIED at what happened to the husband. LMFAO! Every time I think about it, I giggle like a school girl. 🤭 

Totally loved the entire series. Weird, yes, but still very watchable. Subtly hilarious. Emma Stone is always just so engaging to watch. The husband is also very attractive! 

The finale was amazing, one of the best finales I've ever seen.

This was the best show of 2023 along with Beef tbh. A24 never disappoints. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.