is GOD a part of your life?

tili33

is GOD a part of your life?  

134 members have voted

1. 1. is GOD a part of your life?

im a part of a few twelve step programs and my higher power is the reason I am still alive. 

God is personal to everyone even if they belong to an organized religion.

My sponsor once told me in my first few weeks of sobriety if I was having a difficult time go out and find the smallest living creature I could find, and tell it my troubles out loud, and that was my higher power for the day. Other people see the collective as their higher power.

Idk to me the absence of god is a hypothetical, the same as the presence of god. its all the same.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Queen.

• smoore95GAGA

• s-60staliniec

• Peroxide

no x

No and it makes dating difficult and my relationship with my mother slightly more strained 

On 11/9/2023 at 4:02 PM, Queen. said:

Because there's creation and when there is creation there is a creator :isudumblmao:

And you know that creator is god because… :isudumblmao:

On 11/9/2023 at 4:07 PM, Queen. said:

A day is coming, and I hope you are ready. 

Good old theists. When you can’t prove your god’s existence, just resort to threats! :cm:

On 11/9/2023 at 7:40 PM, Queen. said:

No one, that what makes him God.

Girl. You literally said that the universe exists and is a creation and therefore needs a creator. Does god not exist? Is he/she/whatever not a creation? If he/she/whatever isn’t a creation, then how did it come into being?

20 minutes ago, smoore95GAGA said:

Girl. You literally said that the universe exists and is a creation and therefore needs a creator. Does god not exist? Is he/she/whatever not a creation? If he/she/whatever isn’t a creation, then how did it come into being?

No one created God So how can a creator have a creator????? 

In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. I believe that God ALWAYS existed. He is the creator of everything.

• Haha 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

24 minutes ago, smoore95GAGA said:

Good old theists. When you can’t prove your god’s existence, just resort to threats! :cm:

It’s not a threat it’s a facts. 

27 minutes ago, smoore95GAGA said:

And you know that creator is god because… :isudumblmao:

Because of his word and I believe everything in it. Yes I do

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Queen. said:

No one created God So how can a creator have a creator????? 

In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. I believe that God ALWAYS existed. He is the creator of everything.

Ok so why can’t you believe that the universe always existed? 

13 minutes ago, Queen. said:

Because of his word and I believe everything in it. Yes I do

So the good old “I believe because I believe.” Brilliant line of reasoning!

12 minutes ago, smoore95GAGA said:

Ok so why can’t you believe that the universe always existed? 

Does that say that in the bible????

It said God CREATED the heavens and the earth. Implying that God was here BEFORE creation ever existed.

26 minutes ago, Queen. said:

It’s not a threat it’s a facts. 

How so? All you said was “a day is coming and I hope you are ready.” I assume you’re referring to judgement day? How can you prove that judgement day is coming? Or is that also just a belief you have? Because if it’s just a belief, you don’t get to say it’s a fact. For instance, I personally believe in reincarnation, but since it hasn’t been proven to be true, I don’t get to go around asserting that it’s a fact.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Queen. said:

Does that say that in the bible????

It said God CREATED the heavens and the earth. Implying that God was here BEFORE creation ever existed.

Wait a minute, so if something isn’t in the Bible, then it’s not true? Does it say that 1+1=2 in the Bible? 

Also, where is your evidence that what’s in the Bible is true? The Harry Potter books talk about Voldemort. Does that prove Voldemort exists in our reality?

It’s also always hilarious to me when theists try to use the Bible to prove god, because it was written by believers. It’s literally comparable to a child saying they can know Santa exists, and when someone asks how they know, they say “Because my parents told me he exists.” :priceless:

Edited by smoore95GAGA

Yes. Came to me one evening in 1998 and whispered in my ear, “boy I know you want me, I can see it in your eyes.”

10 minutes ago, smoore95GAGA said:

How so? All you said was “a day is coming and I hope you are ready.” I assume you’re referring to judgement day? How can you prove that judgement day is coming? Or is that also just a belief you have? Because if it’s just a belief, you don’t get to say it’s a fact. For instance, I personally believe in reincarnation, but since it hasn’t been proven to be true, I don’t get to go around asserting that it’s a fact.

Yes judgement is coming and I fully believe it. Reincarnation is false because heaven and hell is real. How are you believe in something that doesn't have any proof? 

Once you die the way you choose to live your life will determine your eternal destination. 

• Thumbs Down 1

3 minutes ago, Queen. said:

How are you believe in something that doesn't have any proof? 

That’s extremely rich coming from you. Where’s your proof of god? The Bible? You mean a book written by humans? The fact that the universe exists? All that proves is the universe exists. You can believe in god all you want, but theists are the last people who have the right to ask anyone how they can believe in something with no proof :cm:

Also, first you said that judgement day coming was a fact. Now you say it’s a belief. I don’t think you understand that beliefs =/= facts.

Edited by smoore95GAGA

13 minutes ago, smoore95GAGA said:

Wait a minute, so if something isn’t in the Bible, then it’s not true? Does it say that 1+1=2 in the Bible? 

Also, where is your evidence that what’s in the Bible is true? The Harry Potter books talk about Voldemort. Does that prove Voldemort exists in our reality?

It’s also always hilarious to me when theists try to use the Bible to prove god, because it was written by believers. It’s literally comparable to a child saying they can know Santa exists, and when someone asks how they know, they say “Because my parents told me he exists.” :priceless:

Let not be a smart smart aleck. 

The bible is true because Jesus died on the cross for you and I. The bible is true because the events that are happening was written 2000 years ago. The bible is true because when you look at inside of his tomb it's empty but when you look at the other false Gods (buddha and other) tombs they are occupied. 

https://abcnews.go.com/Technology/story?id=99580&page=1

Harry Potter is a fairytale and full of witchcraft. 

For one I can truth you that the bible is real because everyone is trying to rip pages out of the bible, burn the bible, and trying to get rid of it... so that should tell you something there is truth in it. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Queen. said:

Let not be a smart smart aleck. 

The bible is true because Jesus died on the cross for you and I. The bible is true because the events that are happening was written 2000 years ago. The bible is true because when you look at inside of his tomb it's empty but when you look at the other false Gods (buddha and other) tombs they are occupied. 

https://abcnews.go.com/Technology/story?id=99580&page=1

Harry Potter is a fairytale and full of witchcraft. 

For one I can truth you that the bible is real because everyone is trying to rip pages out of the bible, burn the bible, and trying to get rid of it... so that should tell you something there is truth in it. 

And you know which tomb is your god’s tomb because…?

Imma guess it’ll have something to do with “ma Bible” :isudumblmao:

Edited by smoore95GAGA
  • Thumbs Down 1

2 minutes ago, smoore95GAGA said:

That’s extremely rich coming from you. Where’s your proof of god? The Bible? You mean a book written by humans? The fact that the universe exists? All that proves is the universe exists. You can believe in god all you want, but theists are the last people who have the right to ask anyone how they can believe in something with no proof :cm:

Also, first you said that judgement day coming was a fact. Now you say it’s a belief. I don’t think you understand that beliefs =/= facts.

It was HOLY men of God that God used to write his word. It wasn't a random person off the street. 

I believe in the word of God and I refuse to go by anything else that is contrary to it

• Haha 1

Just now, smoore95GAGA said:

And you know which tomb is your god’s tomb because… :isudumblmao:

You have yet to pull out anything regarding to reincarnation. 

4 minutes ago, Queen. said:

It was HOLY men of God that God used to write his word. It wasn't a random person off the street. 

And you know this because…

Come up with an answer that doesn’t involve the Bible, I dare you.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.