FDA approves weight loss drug that helped people lose up to 52 lbs

Sergi91

The Food and Drug Administration on Wednesdayapproved Zepbound, a new weight loss drug from drugmaker Eli Lilly that was shown in clinical trials to help people lose up to 52 pounds in 16 months.

Zepbound is the latest entrant into the field of powerful new drugs that already includes Novo Nordisk's Ozempic and Wegovy and Lilly's Mounjaro.

The FDA approved the drug for adults with obesity or who are overweight with at least one weight-related condition.

In a release, Lilly said Zepbound should be available in the U.S. by the end of the year. It will carry a list price of about $1,060 for a month's supply.

In a phase 3 clinical trial, Zepbound led to an average weight loss of 22.5% body weight, or about 52 pounds, surpassing all currently available weight loss medications on the market. The participants in the study had obesity or were overweight with at least one weight-related condition.

Source

• Thumbs Down 1

13 minutes ago, punisher said:

just go for a run…

For some people, exercise physically hurts them or makes pain worse. It's also hard to be mobile if you are already so obese or overweight. I agree that people should first find drug-free ways to lose weight, but for some people, exercising (or at least exercising where they're over-exerting themselves to lose weight) is not an option, or exercise alone might not be enough to lose excess weight. 

• Like 14

2 minutes ago, zasderfght said:

For some people, exercise physically hurts them or makes pain worse. It's also hard to be mobile if you are already so obese or overweight. I agree that people should first find drug-free ways to lose weight, but for some people, exercising (or at least exercising where they're over-exerting themselves to lose weight) is not an option, or exercise alone might not be enough to lose excess weight. 

i do understand for people that can’t physically exercise, but there are a lot of people that take advantage of medications like this, and those were the ones i was mainly talking about

Edited by punisher
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 2

18 minutes ago, punisher said:

just go for a run…

Lol there are several reasons people would use Zepbound that running can't fix.

Do you even exercise? Or do you only run your wind machine shaped self in threads just to say dumb sh*t? Bet you'd love to punish a double oxtail and curry platter right about now.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
  • Thumbs Down 1

7 minutes ago, punisher said:

i do understand for people that can’t physically exercise, but there are a lot of people that take advantage of medications like this, and those were the ones i was mainly talking about

Yes, people can abuse medications, but that's for a lot of other different meds as well-- especially the controlled ones like opioids, benzos, and stimulants. 

7 minutes ago, punisher said:

and...? why do you care, hall monitor? 

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, SMELLY said:

Do you even exercise? Or do you only run your wind machine shaped self in threads just to say dumb sh*t? Bet you'd love to punish a double oxtail and curry platter right about now.

Actually I just came back from the gym!

13 minutes ago, punisher said:

And I’m one of them. Just got a prescription for one of these. I workout a lot but about to cut. The good thing is because I have so much muscle it puts me over the limit for it. I can get it to lose a quick 25 to 30  pounds to help with crossfit

• Like 3

$1060 for a month’s supply? not you losing weight simply because you can’t afford food at that point :toofunny2:

• Haha 10

9 minutes ago, punisher said:

Actually I just came back from the gym!

You better work off that roti weight! What was for lunch?

I had 3 cheese doodles and a salad. Ki @ my size 28 waist, 5'8 stature and 10.5 shoe. All coming to a total of a mere 128 pounds. You could never.

Just wait til my ozempic comes in. It'll truly be OVER for y'all ******* :party:

Edited by SMELLY

This is cool I guess. Losing weight is hard, so more power to those that need it!

• Like 2

Weight loss is not only about CICO. Sometimes there are other factors that affect weight, such as PCOS, insulin resistance, hormone issues and gland issues.

Yikes @ $1000 for a month's supply. :toofunny2: The state of big pharma companies today is just abysmal.

They need to mass produce this **** asap 

it’ll help so many people. It’s not only about weight loss but impulse + addiction control 

:jonny5:

21 minutes ago, SMELLY said:

You better work off that roti weight! What was for lunch?

I had 3 cheese doodles and a salad. Ki @ my size 28 waist, 5'8 stature and 10.5 shoe. All coming to a total of a mere 128 pounds. You could never.

Just wait til my ozempic comes in. It'll truly be OVER for y'all ******* :party:

are you a man? 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.