Netflix plans to make fewer films moving forward

okgo

Netflix is now shifting strategy again and opting to take fewer bets. Instead of making roughly 50 films annually, the goal is to back between 25 and 30. The result of this judiciousness is one of the company’s strongest fall film slates in recent memory, a compelling mixture of broadly appealing comedies, thrillers and sci-fi adventures, along with Oscar contenders from the likes of Bradley Cooper and the Obamas. 

Good, the vast majority of their films are garbage.  

Focus on creating quality TV like they did 5-10 years ago.

Does this mean they are focusing on improving the quality of what they produce to justify the price hikes? Doubtful.

Well they made lots of Non Films that should have just beeen bad ideas (right?)

if they make less films but the films they do make are better, it’s worth it.

so many random Netflix originals not many people are watching 

• Like 1

Personally, on Netflix, if I watch 1 or 2 movies a year, it's a lot. I always watch series  30 or 40 a year  on Netflix

Most of their movies are generic and popcorn that's why they don't catch my attention, they only hire blockbuster actors, they add explosions and that's it. ZzzzZz

As for their series, how I see 80% of Asian content, I'm not complaining since  Netflix Asia NO cancels series.:allears:

Idrc as long as they keep doing a bunch of new Kdramas there :gaycat2:

• Like 1

I don't watch their English/American stuff anyway. 

Anime, kdramas, Japanese series etc. Is where it's at :clap3:

They make 50 a year??? I only roughly remember like 2 of them making some noise this year :deadbanana2:

It's not the panni anymore. This makes sense. The reason for the increase before anyway was cuz more people were staying home at the time. It doesn't make sense now.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.