Rachel McAdams vs. Amanda Seyfried: who's doing better?

Riot

Since the Walmart ad featuring the OG cast of Mean Girls came out people have started speculating on why Rachel McAdams was the only one missing and many said that she was simply above it and she's currently doing better than her former co-stars.

However, I'm kinda confused about this statement, because imho Amanda Seyfried is the one who's really doing the best among them. She's always booked and busy and is the only one who has won major accolades.

Rachel may be an Oscar nominee and part of the MCU (even though her character is kinda useless), but Amanda is both an Oscar nominee and an Emmy and Golden Globe WINNER. Also, has Rachel had a successful role since Spotlight? Share your thoughts!

spacer.png

Edited by Riot

I think Amanda is doing better tbh... Rachel had some big roles in the 00s, but Amanda rly took off in 10s.

Amanda left her in the dust years ago but never forgot where she came from unlike some girls 

• Like 10

i'm inclined to say amanda as i hear more about her. tbh i can't name anything rachel has been in since mean girls.

Amanda but i think it's because Rachel has purposely stayed out of the spotlight and doesn't really care for fame. she has turned down a lot of high profile roles including the Goop lady's role in the Iron Man movies and Anne Hathaway's role in The Devil Wears Prada. she's only been recently playing catch up by being in the Doctor Strange movies

• Like 5

I feel like Rachel is a bigger name but Amanda has bigger/better roles.

Amanda. She is getting critical acclaim and better roles. Rachel hasn't been doing much.

Amanda Seyfried is for sure bigger than Rachel McAdams. Rachel's career is cute too tho. 

44 minutes ago, John Slayne said:

i'm inclined to say amanda as i hear more about her. tbh i can't name anything rachel has been in since mean girls.

You don't know about The Notebook???????????????

This movie single-handedly defined my views on romance and relationships

9780446676090.jpg

Rachel doesn't want this fame

She was excellent in Game Nights too

Rachel rejects like countless offers

Rachel has actively turned down major roles and is balancing acting with her home life in Canada which is also why we probably didn’t see her turn up for that useless Walmart ad.

I don’t really see why it’s worth pitting them against each other when they both have had great careers and are likeable people. BUT I do think Rachel is the better actress and hasn’t been in nearly as many stinkers; selective Queen :clap3:

Edited by Jessie
  • Like 2

Cameltoe Chariot

Amanda Seyfried is one of the best actors of her generation and has an INSANE resume of projects that show incredible range.

She's gone from Mean Girls, to Mamma Mia, to f*cking Twin Peaks with David Lynch. That range alone is insane.

Rachel is also incredibly talented and I don't want to pit them against each other, but if we're measuring career success I'd say Amanda secured the bag ages ago :siptea:

as of right now Amanda is bigger because she is constantly workingp

2 hours ago, PillowCase said:

You don't know about The Notebook???????????????

This movie single-handedly defined my views on romance and relationships

9780446676090.jpg

never saw it. i vaguely know it exists and she's in it, but it came out the same year as mean girls. i looked up her filmography a recognised a few titles, i wasn't trying to shade rachel's career but amanda's is bigger imo.

• Like 1

• ATRL Moderator
3 hours ago, John Slayne said:

Wow, you’ve never heard of The Notebook?

• ATRL Moderator

Rachel is doing just fine. In the last five years, she’s had comedy hits like Game Night and Eurovision Song Contest, plus critical raves this year for Are You There, God? It’s Me, Margaret. (Don’t be surprised to see her on the periphery of the Oscar race again.) It’s wonderful to see Amanda hitting her stride recently, but it doesn’t diminish anything about Rachel’s career.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, John Slayne said:

never saw it. i vaguely know it exists and she's in it, but it came out the same year as mean girls. i looked up her filmography a recognised a few titles, i wasn't trying to shade rachel's career but amanda's is bigger imo.

5 minutes ago, supaspaz said:

Wow, you’ve never heard of The Notebook?

see above. it came out the same year as Mean Girls 

Amanda of course, but we love Rachel too, she just makes weird choices.

Rachel's first movie as a lead in ages this year made no noise commercially, she's not a box office draw but that's probably her fault too for not investing in her profile more. She's clearly no Meryl Streep as a lot of people try to make it seem with the way they speak about her career :toofunny3: I mean some were saying she's above being in an ad by the biggest US retailer honoring what is arguably still her most iconic movie but she was fine being in Lil Dicky's show this year alongside this crew so make it make sense

RD7sNpX.jpg

Edited by okgo

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.