Ellie Goulding celebrates 8 years of 'Delirium'

Delirious

3 hours ago, Sawk said:

Gworl, it’s a bop, trust me it hits when u get into it :WAP:

I think someone died on the inside when you said this statement but I agree but top 5? Honey no. More like bottom 5 :celestial3::turkey:

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Delirious

• Joesuxx

• teenagecraze

• WyldChyld

THIS is a perfect pop album.  This should've been her Teenage Dream, her 1989, her Dangerous Woman.  Yes Lights and Halcyon are objectively better pieces of art, but this is how you do POP.  Every single song is quality, and Army, Codes, Scream It Out, Devotion, Aftertaste, Keep On Dancin, Don't Need Nobody, and Holding On For Life are career highlights.  

Also I'm just learning that there's no deluxe version on Spotify (Canada), and some of the deluxe songs aren't on Spotify at all?? :deadbanana2: Elena what are you doing!?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Lost & Found, Holding on for Life and Let It Die are top 3 and three of her best songs ever. 

Edited by thatsmydemi
  • Like 1

Damn, I noticed that I can't choose a Top 5 because there's some competition, actually a very very solid pop album, almost flawless. Not my favorite by her, but it has some stellar tracks.

I'd say (no order):

- Something in the Way You Move (heavy electropop perfection)

- Devotion (perhaps one of her most interesting songs)

- Holding on For Life

- Don't Panic

- On My Mind

• Like 1

12 hours ago, every1blinks said:

Holding On for Life’s chokehold on me. The run of Don’t Need Nobody, Don’t Panic, and We Can’t Move to This changing my LIFE. Paradise making me feel like I’m in a music video sad in Miami. WHEW :WAP:

A

POP

ALBUM

:clap3:

We can't move to this verses, bridge and prechorus are stellar

It's unfortunate the chorus is too repetitive and grating

52 minutes ago, Delirious said:

We can't move to this verses, bridge and prechorus are stellar

It's unfortunate the chorus is too repetitive and grating

spacer.png

henny I break my BACK to the chorus

• Haha 1

i havent wrote my top 5 yet but mine are obviously:

1. on my mind (immaculate)

2. something in the way you move

3. love me like you do (kinda aged tho)

4. codes

5. army

15 hours ago, thatsmydemi said:

Lost & Found, Holding on for Life and Let It Die are top 3 and three of her best songs ever. 

Let it die? The target bonus edition track ? 

6 hours ago, Delirious said:

Let it die? The target bonus edition track ? 

YES! 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, thatsmydemi said:

YES! 

Oh. Well that target bonus edition track is probably the worst song on the album for me. Even worse than I do what I love...:turkey:

At least someone likes it. We love it!! :clownny: :clap3:

12 hours ago, Delirious said:

Oh. Well that target bonus edition track is probably the worst song on the album for me. Even worse than I do what I love...:turkey:

At least someone likes it. We love it!! :clownny: :clap3:

Ew, not this take when two years ago exists. 

Can’t believe the Paradise disrespect, literally the most personal song on the record. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Joesuxx said:

Ew, not this take when two years ago exists. 

Can’t believe the Paradise disrespect, literally the most personal song on the record. 

Two years ago is AMAZING. the final chorus levitates me tbh.

And yes paradise is amazing too.

Every song on album is a 10/10 imo except I do what I love (7/10), let it die (6/10), we can't move to this (9/10), around U (9/10) and winner (9/10)

1 hour ago, Delirious said:

Two years ago is AMAZING. the final chorus levitates me tbh.

And yes paradise is amazing too.

Every song on album is a 10/10 imo except I do what I love (7/10), let it die (6/10), we can't move to this (9/10), around U (9/10) and winner (9/10)

We’re surely not putting IDWIL over Let it Die. Agree with Around U tho. 

• Haha 1

We Can't Move To This (the only song to truly deliver on her description of the album beforehand and one of her best tracks, everybody seems to hate it which just means it's ahead of the curve etc)

Don't need nobody 

Around U

Paradise

Lost & Found/Holding on for Life/Don't Panic

Ellie does not have a single bad album. I don't think she has really delivered on the promise she showed with her first two, but she has one of the most solid pop discographies around tbh. Too bad her career is tarnished by bad single choices, awful features and her worst songs (sans the divine Lights) being her best charting ones. 

The little tour she just did has shown she has a sizeable enough following to continue to make bank, so I hope she gives up on chart succes and just does whatever the hell she wants now.

• Like 1

I love this album, but I think it should've been released in two parts or with a Side B.. my tracklist has 30 tracks lol

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Joesuxx said:

We’re surely not putting IDWIL over Let it Die. Agree with Around U tho. 

IDWIL is a bop when you're in the mood for it. Let it die is kinda bore but I can see it's appeal since it's reminiscent of lights era.

4 hours ago, Haze said:

We Can't Move To This (the only song to truly deliver on her description of the album beforehand and one of her best tracks, everybody seems to hate it which just means it's ahead of the curve etc)

Don't need nobody 

Around U

Paradise

Lost & Found/Holding on for Life/Don't Panic

Ellie does not have a single bad album. I don't think she has really delivered on the promise she showed with her first two, but she has one of the most solid pop discographies around tbh. Too bad her career is tarnished by bad single choices, awful features and her worst songs (sans the divine Lights) being her best charting ones. 

The little tour she just did has shown she has a sizeable enough following to continue to make bank, so I hope she gives up on chart succes and just does whatever the hell she wants now.

Yea I realised people really do hate we can't move to this. I play it solely on the extremely repetitive and noisy chorus. It's grating at times

Also apparently Ellie's working Savan Kotecha, max Martin etc so she's aiming for mainstream success again maybe

3 hours ago, teenagecraze said:

I love this album, but I think it should've been released in two parts or with a Side B.. my tracklist has 30 tracks lol

30 tracks? 25 tracks = powerful + two years ago + let it die

What are the other 5 tracks?

I absolutely agree with your strategy though. She should have rereleased delirium and extended the era with still falling for you, keep on dancin, codeso, dn't need nobody

I remember I'm being one of few defenders for this album at that time :biblio: what happened?!

Anyway such a great album! let me say this the original font was perfect

77627082.jpg

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Delirious said:

?:bloo:

I initially said that this album ended Selena Gomez's music career, but then I forgot that she released Rare lol.

Edited by cml
  • Haha 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.