Tate McRae - 'THINK LATER'

kyliefever2002

She’s “faceless” because Greedy is literally her first hit :deadbanana2: she’s still making a name for herself

• Thumbs Down 1

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kellebrity98

• Raphy23

• kyliefever2002

• Credit

4 minutes ago, Rigalo said:

She’s “faceless” because Greedy is literally her first hit :deadbanana2: she’s still making a name for herself

the way people on here to rush to discredit talented, hard-working women

8mvDFno.thumb.gif.80bce18244410dc1090c99

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Joyride said:

I'll be getting the vinyl, will you?

I will be purchasing it. My Vinyl collection needs something other than Taylor and Carly :alexz2:

15 hours ago, Joyride said:

it's literally just the prominent nose

Spindle_Tate_McRae_1212190448-scaled.jpgTate-McRae.jpgtate-mcrae-2.jpg

Young Gaga: 

1_10PM-PIC-EXC-ONE-TIME-USE-WITH-SUNDAY-

14 hours ago, OBEY said:

she has a hit right now but she doesn't really have a fanbase

She has a fanbase from her youtube days.

• Like 2

Are people really enjoying this girl? Her baby voice is so annoying. Very much like Camilla. Would never in a million years listen to an entire album.

• Thumbs Down 3

kisses to my grammys being only the promo single… oh daughter tate

spacer.png

38 minutes ago, Rigalo said:

She already has a sizeable fanbase from her youtuber days. Greedy also isn't her first hit. You can really tell the new success stans from the og ones real quick in this thread

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, LanaXtinaFan said:

Are people really enjoying this girl? Her baby voice is so annoying. Very much like Camilla. Would never in a million years listen to an entire album.

Yes. Ppl complain about "cursive singing" but I've always enjoyed those type of voices and the rasp. And Tate's isnt as strong as others I've heard.

3 minutes ago, SchmoodRing said:

She already has a sizeable fanbase from her youtuber days. Greedy also isn't her first hit. You can really tell the new success stans from the og ones real quick in this thread

I definitely don’t stan her lol and a top 20 hit from three years ago doesn’t really mean jack **** for her today. Don’t worry, you’re the biggest fan of her on ATRL 

Edited by Rigalo

2 minutes ago, Rigalo said:

I definitely don’t stan her lol and a top 20 hit from three years ago doesn’t really mean jack **** for her today. Don’t worry, you’re the biggest fan of her on ATRL 

The song was slow burning, so the peak doesnt really represent it well. Streaming peak vs radio peak was like 1 year misaligned. She wasn't signed in the US when YBMF blowup, so it took time for her label to sign her and do some promo.

Honestly, I very much dislike a lot of cursive singing and the Camilla voice, but I really don’t hear it that bad on Tate… like it feels more like her actual voice to me so I guess I don’t mind it?

• Like 1

Just now, PotatoPancake420 said:

Honestly, I very much dislike a lot of cursive singing and the Camilla voice, but I really don’t hear it that bad on Tate… like it feels more like her actual voice to me so I guess I don’t mind it?

her speaking voice is really similar to the singing one, of course there is a modification of the use of her singing voice because that's what singers do, but this isn't some extreme case of masking.

She has a very basic girl face. She doesnt stand out looks wise to me but she is obviously standing out because theres not many white girls doing what shes doing in that choreo pop lane

13 minutes ago, PotatoPancake420 said:

Yea, other singers do weird movements with their mouths to sound like that. This is her actual voice.

1 hour ago, Rigalo said:

you broke me fist being the second biggest female song of 2020 on spotify with 1.2b

• Thanks 4

53 minutes ago, X~MoviePoP said:

She has a very basic girl face. She doesnt stand out looks wise to me but she is obviously standing out because theres not many white girls doing what shes doing in that choreo pop lane

shes not white shes canadian

• Like 3

out of touch people not realizing Ms. Tate has several streaming smashes because airplay fueled charts are their barometer of success

1 hour ago, kyliefever2002 said:

you broke me fist being the second biggest female song of 2020 on spotify with 1.2b

Y’all are actually just ruining my point in which I was trying to support her, she had that big of a hit and nobody knows her three years later?? I was trying to give her the benefit of the doubt but she is faceless :ahh: 

Edited by Rigalo

I believe YBMF had a different type of success...there's a lot of songs that reach billions but somehow aren't really popular outside a few bubbles (ex: Dusk Till Dawn).
Greedy is really a mainstream hit, people are talking about her, tweeting about her, hating on her lol

So yeah, this is the moment she gets A FACE for a lot of people.

• Thanks 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.