Better self-titled debut: Madonna vs. Taylor Swift

Wonderland

Better self-titled debut album?  

91 members have voted

1. 1. Better self-titled debut album?

2 of the most powerful women in pop music, who each had groundbreaking self-titled debut albums.

But which in your opinion has the edge?

Madonna,_debut_album_cover.pngTaylor_Swift_-_Taylor_Swift.png

Edited by Wonderland

Jesus Christ y'all are going insane with this. And I say that as a massive stan of both and have been for years each.

Y'all are gonna beat this Madonna vs. Taylor **** to death when it truly is one of the most asinine comparisons that one could make. Just because the two of them are peers sales wise doesn't mean that there's anything to be comparing here really. They are two fundamentally different artists who occupy to fundamentally different spaces within the pop world and it really does a huge disservice to the both of them to constantly attempt to compare the two of them simply because of record sales. 

They've both forged massive legacies for themselves and they seem quite happy to coexist with their massive legacies without holding themselves and what they've achieved side by side with each other. Stans need to start taking that lead. 

Edited by Mr. Mendes
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

Only one has the iconic line "Go and tell your friends that I'm obsessive and crazy, that's fine I'll tell mine you're gay"

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Mr. Mendes said:

Jesus Christ y'all are going insane with this. And I say that as a massive stan of both and have been for years each.

Y'all are gonna beat this Madonna vs. Taylor **** to death when it truly is one of the most asinine comparisons that one could make. Just because the two of them are peers sales wise doesn't mean that there's anything to be comparing here really. They are two fundamentally different artists who occupy to fundamentally different spaces within the pop world and it really does a huge disservice to the both of them to constantly attempt to compare the two of them simply because of record sales. 

They've both forged massive legacies for themselves and they seem quite happy to coexist with their massive legacies without holding themselves and what they've achieved side by side with each other. Stans need to start taking that lead. 

So madonna or taylor?

• Haha 4

They both are generally subpar albums, though I hope the TS TV improves on that. Her vocals are the weak point for me; songwriting is obviously better than Madonna's, but Madonna's album as a whole I would say edges over it.

Edited by Gladiator

"Following the release of the album, Madonna was dismissed by some critics. They called her voice sounding as "Minnie Mouse on helium", while the other detractors suggested that she was "almost entirely helium, a gas-filled, lighter-than-air creation of MTV and other sinister media packagers."[119] Madonna said: "From the very beginning of my career, people have been writing **** about me and saying, 'She's a one-hit wonder, she'll disappear after a year'."[120]

She responded to the comment "Minnie Mouse on helium" by doing a photoshoot with Alberto Tolot, where she flirted with a giant Mickey Mouse toy, putting its hand inside her dress and looking at it with an admonishing glare. Author Debbi Voller noted that "such provocative imagery at a young age of her career, could have hurt her too much. But it went on to shut those twerps who dared to take a swag at her voice again."[121] "

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Swifties have nothing to do all day??? much bored?

Stop bringing madonna to make your idol look good.

It won't get you there. Period. 

What has madonna done wrong to you Or your idol anyway? 

Paving the way and innovating the industry for your idol?

Edited by thequeenofpopmadonna

Why the Madonna v Taylor thing? They are completely different, from different eras and aren't peers in any sense of the word other than being female. Madonna is 30 years older, Taylor is music for high school girls and newly separated single mothers who like white wine on a Sunday, I don't know a lot of her material? Madonna ruled the physical era, Taylor rules the streaming era, so that's not even a comparison. 

Pit Taylor against Shania Twain or Faith Hill?, that would at least make some sense.

In saying that, the album that has Think of Me on it wins.

• Thanks 1

Teardrops on my guitar is alone better than that album. Tv will promote this album to global audience which it always deserved

• Thumbs Down 6

This is getting weird but clearly  Madonna that album has ICONIC HITS 

• Thanks 2

I respect Madonna, but Taylor Swift (the album) made me discover a lot of hidden gems in the country genre as a teen, so my vote goes to Taylor.

Madonna (self titled) is legendary tho.

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

5 hours ago, Mr. Mendes said:

Gaga was compared to Madonna for years on here and no one said it was unfair. If TS fans want to say she's a legend then compare her to legends.

• Like 3

The one with memorable songs (and song titles)

Holiday

Borderline

Lucky Star

Burning Up

Everybody

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Wonderland said:

Madonna,_debut_album_cover.pngTaylor_Swift_-_Taylor_Swift.png

Madonna having better cover without photoshop existence in 1983 :rip:

Edited by Raptus
  • Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.