• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Raphy23

• orange22

• TalkThatRihanna

• Nashe

10 minutes ago, BuzzCharts said:

I remember when her threads would just be one page and it was me and three other posters.  Glad some of you all decided to wake up.  

I don't think anyone woke up, she's just more interesting this time around so people aren't ignoring her as much.

Ot I like the song, but she needs way better vocal production, and production in general. Greedy nor Ex's sound like timeless bops, her voice keeps getting lost. They can do better for her. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Nefertiti0 said:

Spotify
#20 Global — 2,903,895    
#13 US — 1,108,256
#13 UK — 236,843

Yesss omg :jonny: She CLEARED 2M, almost made it to 3M whew. So happy for her.

20 minutes ago, Blue Monday said:

because faceless artists have never been successful before :rip:

Please it’s the same forum which calls dua lipa faceless all the time :rip: Tate has a huge following on TikTok and it translates to her songs debuting high on Spotify. 

• Like 1

Hmm so I saw a clip of this song/video on twitter and thought it was very tikpop... but then I gave it a stream and now I'm addicted?! Love the cackles in the chorus

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Nefertiti0 said:

Spotify
#20 Global — 2,903,895    
#13 US — 1,108,256
#13 UK — 236,843

these numbers are INSANE for her rn. Glad I snatched my concert tix before she really blows up

I think it's rude to call all these new girls "faceless." Most of our faves are at least 30 by now, so it's only natural that the industry focus is shifting towards the next generation.

• Like 2

Not even top 10 debut on Spotify US :biblio:

ugh she’s so underrated 

Ngl, I thought this was gonna struggle to pull 2 milli so I'm pleasantly surprised :clap3: 

hmmm maybe it’s a grower but this is nowhere near at the level of greedy for me - a lil too repetitive which makes it boring

39 minutes ago, Raphy23 said:

ugh she’s so underrated 

It would've been top10 without the Drake album bomb I'm guessing 

• Like 2

I don't think this is as good as Greedy or will blow up... having said that she has massive industry and Tiktok support right now

• Thumbs Down 1

2 hours ago, Dialamba said:

Please it’s the same forum which calls dua lipa faceless all the time :rip: Tate has a huge following on TikTok and it translates to her songs debuting high on Spotify. 

Great. Doesn’t really change the fact that she’s faceless 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

The faceless thing is so dumb. When Rihanna came out with Pon De Replay did any of us know who the hell she was or what a force she would be in the industry? I remember thinking she was cute but that the kind of music she was making wouldn’t be sustainable. 

it’s hard as hell to break out and have a lasting impact these days. Everyone says they miss pop stars but when one comes and serves it’s always “faceless” “WHO?!” 

Dua, Tate, Ava..list goes on

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

that ominous laugh flourish is the only slightly interesting in this song for me (houdini does that too, right?)

very drab song for a video like that. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

48 minutes ago, Raphy23 said:

ugh she’s so underrated 

9 minutes ago, Billionaire said:

It would've been top10 without the Drake album bomb I'm guessing 

#9 US and #7 Canada without Drake :clap3:

• Like 1

the numbers... she's slaying :jonny5:

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, ParisxHilton said:

The faceless thing is so dumb. When Rihanna came out with Pon De Replay did any of us know who the hell she was or what a force she would be in the industry? I remember thinking she was cute but that the kind of music she was making wouldn’t be sustainable. 

it’s hard as hell to break out and have a lasting impact these days. Everyone says they miss pop stars but when one comes and serves it’s always “faceless” “WHO?!” 

Dua, Tate, Ava..list goes on

People here don’t want to give time for artists to settle and build themselves. But then when an artist has a huge debut they eagerly wait for a downfall with their sophomore, as both Billie’s and Olivia’s has shown us. 

Tate’s 20. It took an album and a couple of EPs for her to break beyond her core gen z listening bubble and crossover to all audiences with Greedy. She has a familiar brand for her young fans since You Broke Me First, when older ATRLers were calling it pure payola. We all knew she could dance good af back then too. An almost 3M debut for a second song while a lead is still smashing and growing is GREAT. How can people possibly feel underwhelmed by that? Her biggest difficulty was always following up her big songs and she’s doing her best numbers ever now. 

People here can be so delusional, but we can tell they are new on board and just recently caught interest on her. The fact they are already setting Tate up for stupid stan wars against veteran (in comparison) Dua and her literal roommate and best friends Olivia (when Tate was literally in the bad idea right video) tells us how out of the loop they are 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, Dialamba said:

Tate has a huge following on TikTok and it translates to her songs debuting high on Spotify. 

TikTok in combination with immediate TTH playlisting also helps. Emphasis on the latter.

• Like 1

Who even is the standard for someone who’s considered not faceless and impactful? All of our pop girls of the last decade are beauty gurus now, it’s time to embrace modernity lol. Tate is quickly joining the ranks of successful Gen Z pop girls with Billie and Olivia. When I think of faceless I think Gayle who had one fluke hit but isn’t even talked about anymore barely two years later. Tate has multiple streaming hits and two hot singles right now with an album on the way that will certainly outperform her first. Anybody not recognizing the consistent growth and persistence is just not paying attention to her. The SNL performance tonight is certainly going viral, she IS the new it girl after all.

• Like 4

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.