Tate McRae - "exes"

TalkThatRihanna

15 minutes ago, TalkThatRihanna said:

Spotify Update is looking like a 2.5-2.7M Debut based on Partial Day numbers.

Maybe it’ll hit 3M with the TTH impact? I was lowkey hoping it would’ve done higher but maybe I’m just greedy.mp3 :ducky:

So my prediction is on point so far

billie-eilish-is-fucking-OVER.thumb.gif.

~2.5M is very good for Tate, Greedy was HUGE on TikTok before release and it debuted with around 3.5M. So this makes sense

• Like 1

• Replies 665
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Raphy23

• orange22

• TalkThatRihanna

• kellebrity98

3 minutes ago, wish said:

So my prediction is on point so far

~2.5M is very good for Tate, Greedy was HUGE on TikTok before release and it debuted with around 3.5M. So this makes sense

Oh wait I was factoring in the % change to the unfiltered numbers for Greedy. So maybe it’ll do 2-2.2Mish Filtered

Just now, TalkThatRihanna said:

Oh wait I was factoring in the % change to the unfiltered numbers for Greedy. So maybe it’ll do 2-2.2Mish Filtered

Oh that's not–-

It needs to be over 2M at least! Y'all better stream

She's getting sooo much better (She still can't shake off the tik tok feeling of it all) but this single is a great step in the right direction

Just to critique a 9.5/10 single (again the TIK TOK-ness of everything she does just cheapens it a little) is that I wish her videos would have better cuts from one scene to another.

It's giving me a epileptic headache and there's much cleaner ways of editing imo. 

But yes 9.5/10 she devoured

40 minutes ago, wish said:

Oh that's not–-

It needs to be over 2M at least! Y'all better stream

I’ve been looping this since yesterday, the streams are coming

It's still blowing my mind that the girl who sang that "you bored me first" song can do *this*. Just casually one of the best dancers in modern pop! :msmarvel:

Absolutely loving this new Britney and Xtina-influenced era of hers, despite not caring about her in the slightest before "greedy" dropped. Hope the album lives up to these spectacular first two singles!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cheers said:

She's only 20?!?!!? Whaaat

Yup just turned a few months ago!

Greedy is superior, but this is a great follow up! I love the Britney and Xtina vibes it’s giving. I hope the entire album delivers like the singles this far. She needs to blow up! 

Barely more than 2M? Let me stream it during the last minutes. If not, it's over, let's move to single #3 and serve even more choreo.

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, Blue Monday said:

LOL I can admit that Tate is a great dancer but a singer she is not; she and Camila have that in common

I agree they sound very similar, but I think Tate is using hers far better. The production she’s using compliments her tone imo. Camila just… croons like a chihuahua I’m sorry

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Ger-55 said:

Barely more than 2M? Let me stream it during the last minutes. If not, it's over, let's move to single #3 and serve even more choreo.

Were you expecting current Greedy numbers out the gate?

spacer.png

I don’t really get the Camila comparisons :turkey:

Tate is more nasally where Camila has clear sinuses but much more screechy/rodent-type tone

cute youtube numbers, maybe it will end with 1M in 24 hours, @popmusic do you have Spotify numbers?:gaycat4:

btw, anything above 2M is fine. :bird:

Edited by unclefloprry

6 minutes ago, barbiegrande said:

I agree they sound very similar, but I think Tate is using hers far better. The production she’s using compliments her tone imo. Camila just… croons like a chihuahua I’m sorry

Both are grating to me personally, very æpplês and bænânäs 

I like it, love the video, she clearly took influence from a lot of great pop moments there.

The lyft ad at the end tho :suburban: Well I guess she had to pay for the video somehow

17 hours ago, IBeMe said:

She needs a bit of artist development. She has the raw material she just needs to be more trained. The look, the voice and the name itself are too generic / faceless. It's giving Danity Kane / Paradiso Girls type of vibes which is kinda corny. 

I would have debuted her with a different last name (Tate is a cool first name for a girl so keep that but McRae is very plain / mayo), got her to do something a little different in terms of her look (even if it just means doing the makeup a little differently or something) and then the voice would have to be trained to be a little more distinct instead of it sounding like ever generic top 40 DJ feature type of voice.

Otherwise she has a lot of stage presence, she is pretty in a very conventional sense (almost to her detriment because she doesnt have a unique visual at all that can be helpful to be more memorable) and she does have good cadence which is important for a popgirl. She just needs some tweaking here and there which I hope comes in time since she is still fresh and new to all of this.

Britney Spears and Taylor Swift aren’t exactly the most star sounding names either. If neither became famous and you saw those names, you would think just generic midwestern girl. But maybe that’s part of their appeal. 

On 11/2/2023 at 7:19 PM, Lady Claire said:

I love that she's ditching the depressed bedroom pop girlie persona and fully embracing global popstar energy

I am so happy, can't put an olivia rodrigo wig and be olivia rodrigo.

The music video is everything, she is an amazing dancer and I can't wait for her next album if she has one coming out

This is a lot more instant for me than Greedy. So I’m not getting the ppl who prefer greedy. 

I loved her debut album and now she's coming harddd this time around. :jonny:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.