Taylor tops Spotify’s monthly listeners

Michael196

Artist   Daily ▾      

Edited by Michael196
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Historic. :jonny5:

Not sure how the detractors can downplay this since, monthly listeners are individuals — so no “bulk buying/streaming” effect here. 105M individuals listened to Taylor on Spotify ALONE within the last month. Imagine how many more listen on other platforms combined. Undoubtedly the biggest female artist on the planet right now. Local to the planet earth. :clap3: 

Edited by PoisonedIvy
  • Thanks 3

Rihanna & Ariana Grande have both topped Spotify's monthly listeners ranking in the past. Unless the thread title was incorrectly worded.

Didn’t she already do this in 2022 when midnights was released? 

Also didn’t Selena Gomez and Ariana Grande both do this for a month back in 2018? 

She was #1 for November 2022 

2 minutes ago, istan4badgalriri said:

Rihanna & Ariana Grande have both topped Spotify's monthly listeners ranking in the past. Unless the thread title was incorrectly worded.

Apparently Taylor herself (and Selena) have also been #1 before so the person who made the tweet is just misinformed

1 minute ago, PoisonedIvy said:

Apparently Taylor herself (and Selena) have also been #1 before so the person who made the tweet is just misinformed

Yeah I just checked, Rihanna, Ariana & Taylor have all done it before (apparently Selena hasn't ?)

Rihanna (2016)

Ariana Grande (2018, 2019, 2020)

Taylor Swift (2022, 2023)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_most-streamed_artists_on_Spotify

Pretty meaningless achievement, but always nice to see that her streams match with her reach. :clap3: 

13 minutes ago, istan4badgalriri said:

9 minutes ago, PoisonedIvy said:

5 minutes ago, MALAMENTE said:

Rihanna, Selena Gomez, Ariana and Taylor herself have done it before

5 minutes ago, istan4badgalriri said:

Yeah I just checked, Rihanna, Ariana & Taylor have all done it before (apparently Selena hasn't ?)

Rihanna (2016)

I think they meant she's the first to surpass 100M monthly listeners. Only The Weeknd and now Taylor have done it. 

18 minutes ago, istan4badgalriri said:

:rip:

14 minutes ago, istan4badgalriri said:

Rihanna (2016)

I'm confused as to why Wikipedia doesn't have her when she actually went #1 in 2018 https://www.billboard.com/music/pop/ariana-grande-most-streamed-spotify-8487545/

11 minutes ago, Saintlor said:

How is she only just the most listened? it feels like she should've been all year long

Taylor is the most streamed artist of the year by a wide margin, this is only about monthly listeners. Despite accumulating way less daily streams than her all year, The Weeknd was #1 in monthly listeners because of inorganic, extensive playlisting.

Edited by Carry My Heart
  • Like 5

28 minutes ago, istan4badgalriri said:

My mistake, they were referring to the number of listeners…

27 minutes ago, Saintlor said:

How is she only just the most listened? it feels like she should've been all year long

she has been the most streamed artist for ages now. This is about monthly listeners. but this metric is irrelevant, so....

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.